It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are we even getting a fraction of the truth from media about the Wuflu?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
most of us on here as well as many others have been questioning what the truth of the Wuflu, aka coronavirus, aka covid-19, is. as well as questioning what the media has been telling us. some media seems to want to inflame panic, to inflame panic. with the sky is falling, everyone is gonna die type stories. while at the same time from others we hear "it's just a flu", and "it's not even as deadly as the flu". and of course everything in between. we are even getting the same from governments all over the world. some say one thing, while others seem to be saying the opposite. and even the response of countries to the virus have been vastly different.

is in fact the media that is trying to seemingly downplay the seriousness of it actually nothing more than a try at reducing panic? just as especially on this board most of us have heard about studies that say informing the world of alien existence would be a danger due to the panic it could create. that by feeding lies, they are just trying to stop panic? the old "you want the truth? you can't handle the truth". and i think we have all seen lately the complete havoc that people panic buying has created. with most nary a roll of toilet paper to be found in North America on store shelves. not to mention the pretty much world wide empty shelves of things like rubbing alcohol, masks, and hand cleanser.

and lets face it some news stories are seemingly pretty obviously false just from a logic point of view. like this article i came across from one of our favorite news agencies around the world. CNN, Philippines branch. the headline it's self seem Ludacris. it has to just be clickbait right? after all it is insane to think that a disese, especially one spreading like wildfire around the world, is only airborne in a building with a specific word hospital, written on it. i repeat to a rational person, that is just so far out there they must be insane to even think of saying it.

Coronavirus disease appears to be airborne, but only in hospital setting
www.cnnphilippines.com...

i mean, how can ANYBODY , even remotely believe that is true? yet this IS exactly what they want us to believe. and even apparently even comes from the department of health.

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, March 18) — People could catch the coronavirus disease through the air, but only if they are in medical facilities, the Department of Health said Wednesday, citing the result of a preliminary research on the virus.
“Yung airborne po na sinasabi ay [the airborne transmission we are talking of applies to] a confined hospital setting,” DOH spokesperson Maria Rosario Vergeire said in a briefing Wednesday.
Vergeire was reacting to an article quoting a World Health Organization official as saying that medical staff should consider “airborne precautions” after a new study published in preprint database medRxiv showed the novel coronavirus or severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, which causes COVID-19, could survive in the air as aerosols or fine particles for up to three hours.

the only reason i can think of why they would make a statement from the medical authority, and publish such an idiotic concept like this is try to keep people who can't think for themselves from panicking. you see you haven't been able to find masks in at least the main island and capital city of Manila, anywhere since before the virus was even known about. this is due to them being sold out during the Taal volcano eruption. when of course millions of people needed them against the volcanic ash from it. then add onto that very soon afterwards the main manufacturer of proper medical masks, China ran into production issues, due to the virus. and then once they got manufacturing going a bit again, kept most of those they made for their own (legitimate), needs. in fact the only masks you can find are the pretty much home made ones people use every day to deal with the smog and pollution on the roads. not really what is needed, but all you can get your hands on. so if people started to panic because the Wuflu can stay airborne for hours, there would be nothing they could do about it. the situation is bad enough that hospitals have been begging anyone who has masks to turn t hem into the hospitals where they are most needed to try to protect those who can save lives. since they don't have enough. and of course we have had doctors and hospital staff infected.

so is all the media that is trying to downplay the seriousness of the Wuflu, and those especially in government who are doing the same, lying just to try to keep panic down?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
No.

Wait is that a rhetorical question?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
So are you asking if the media is being truthful? Lol. You must be a Democrat.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It's what the media DOES NOT tell you that makes them so sinister.

i.e. The vast majority (99.8%) in the USA who contract Covid-19 will not need to be hospitalized, and certainly won't die.

www.worldometers.info...

But they're still predicting hundreds of thousands of U.S. deaths. "Just wait until the Italy wave arrives to America in 10 days!"
edit on 3/18/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Not just the media, people on here too.

It's just a flu, it's just a cold, is the cry most heard.

Truth is, none of us, not one of us even remotely knows what will happen with all of this. Exclaiming that the flu kills so many people a year is such a false equivalency that I won't even address it.

This virus is massively contagious, can survive on surfaces and in the air, has two strains already and, being and RNA virus, a huge chance at evolving further. Re-infection does happen and the symptoms are NOT less severe, that's the most terrifying of all, your lungs, eventually will just give out. . .

We're all blind because the worlds authorities and 'experts' have a bias toward normalisation. They want us docile so the economy doesn't sink - it is anyway....

The powers that be will never, and can never, admit they're powerless and useless to stop this, minus welding people in their own homes.

The CCP completely lied and fudged its statistics but anyone with brain knows that. Now they're pretending it's all under control, funny how that happened when all the 'journalists' ended up disappeared or dead..... The whistleblowers from China spoke of countless dead and apocalyptic like scenes. Yet the media thinks Chinas about to re-open and go on like nothing happened.

The world, on this issue, is suffering from a collective delusion, a monumental display of normalcy bias (especially in Canada). Give it 3 months and the world will not look the same. Yet the media will report blue skies and happy kittens.

Everyone assumes the media is hyping the threat and making it worse but the reality is, it probably is that bad. And the low, low mortality rate is utter stupidity. If were not being told about cases then we certainly wont be told about the true body count will we...
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'll scroll through YouTube to see what there is about the virus.

Some times I see a thumbnail and title that catches my eye. I look closely and if it's from one of the MSM propaganda machines (CNN, MSNBC, etc.) I just pass it by. Don't want to hear their lies and not willing to give them my clicks.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
These days the media isn't about reporting the news. They are about how many clicks can they get. How many viewers. It's all about selling advertising. The more panic, the more money they can can get

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
No, mainly to placate the masses to prevent a mass panic and having people rushing around descending into Mad Max before things have actually gotten bad.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Mark08

This week, they media using increased testing and positive test results to say Covid-19 is spreading like wild-fire in the USA.

I can give millions of Americans a CATscan and then announce that cancer is spreading like wildfire.

But they won't reveal that 99.8% are too mild to require hospitalization...just like the Flu.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

It's just a flu, it's just a cold, is the cry most heard.

I am beginning to believe that these people could have loved ones die of covid 19 and they would tell us it was just a cold.

I think they are very frightened and stuck in denial.
Scared #less as it were.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Don't believe anything that the media or the government tells you.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I ditto that.

The b chute videos that were leaked did NOT show a 'flu' or a 'cold' it showed something akin to a weapon level epidemic. And China's response was not one of preventing a flu but one of stopping a marauding disease. Also, the people who released all the information are now disappeared or dead, convenient.

China now blames America, I think they're doing this because they lied about the severity and, once this hits, they don't want to the whole world to turn on them.

All this only 2% will die, only 0.02% will require oxygen is sheer idiocy at its highest level. These people, as you state, will say this even as they, themselves, draw their last.

If this thing can re-infect and do compounded damage to the lungs then we are, truly, in the kennels. There's doctors saying the lung scans are terrifying, even for some 30 year olds.

Maybe some peoples would rather live in ignorance, makes them sound smart in the grocery store as they loudly exclaim "All of this for a flu, har har har"...
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
so you just watch videos with opinions from laymen and women instead or what? why is that any more likely to be accurate? Surely you don't believe propaganda only happens in the MSM.

a reply to: incoserv

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well OP, you're part of the problem. COVID is NOT the flu. It's not even related to the flu. But people insist calling it the WuFlu. So who's spreading disinformation? It's a new virus so no one yet knows for sure how quickly it mutates. And we're seeing the desperate situations it has caused in other countries. Throwing out made-up statistics (99% will be OK) is dishonest and a disservice. Even die-hard Conservatives up to and including Trump are working around the clock to try and rollback the BS they've been spewing for 2 weeks. You and your ilk are the problem --- not the media.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

all the reports i've seen and heard, the description of the covid-19 is nothing more than the regular flu.
even with the regular flu, people with compromised immune systems should take precautions.

i'm more worried about how the world is reacting to it. seems like the world is using a sledgehammer to swat a mosquito.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

I thought it was all being blown out of proportion at first. Then I realized, do I really think every country in the world would be shutting down government offices, closing all professional sporting events, closing all educational institutions, and closing borders?

I mean, do we know if any of the "recovered" infected from areas 1st hit by COVID-19 are definitely NOT seeing additional mutations? I read somewhere on ATS that they had confirmed it mutated twice already. Is that quick mutation normal with previous novel viruses?

It's a tense, overwhelming time for many humans around the world right now. Think of all the people that work for hourly wages or tips and don't have emergency $ on hand. Many of those people live paycheck to paycheck. When the paycheck stops, they do not have many choices. I hope this virus is "killed" quickly, so that everyone can begin to recover all that they have lost during this chaos.
edit on 18-3-2020 by jsjAmeicanMo because: removed right now.

edit on 18-3-2020 by jsjAmeicanMo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jsjAmeicanMo

The intentional disinformation being circulated (especially on sites like this one) is astounding. Ignorance is ignorance but this is intentional. From the available real information (my source is the head of a major infectious disease department) there have been two variants detected so far. A less severe S strain and a more severe L strain. There are likely more but finding them takes time.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It's neither the flu or a cold, it just has some of the symptoms. This virus attacks the lungs and throat, causing the body to go into overdrive cytokine storm to resist it. This can lead to pneumonia (inflammation of the lungs), and any underlying health issue is also overwhelmed by the inflammation, making it hard for the body to defend itself against its own immune system. It can also lead to full body inflammation which can lead to the shutdown or failure of organs. It's not just an old person's disease, as a lot of under 50 year olds have been laid up in hospital requiring intensive care.

The virus is real, and there are many who will be susceptible to it, others will shrug it off. However, the MSM has certainly played a part in the panic-mongering, with constant dire warnings and alarmist headlines and editorials. All of which is to get everyone to comply with government advice.

Ultimately (and this is my own opinion as things stand), we have been in dire global economic straits for a while now. Global debt has risen over the last decade or so, so much that it is impossible to repay, so the system set up over the last few decades simply resets the debt to zero and then allows it all to build up again. The reset requires an injection of huge amounts of money to particular areas in order to keep the economies ticking over, and to re-stimulate finances around the world. This of course, requires agreements between all governments and financial elites, and all benefit because economies remain intact and do not fully collapse.

The injection of huge amounts of money come from the public coffers of each country, and also from various world banks. The last time they did this the excuse was that certain companies were 'too-big-to-fail'. This time, a virus is being blamed...opportunism writ large. Hence the reason for the doom-mongering MSM, and the over-reactive governments.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Thank you for the information. It's hard to keep up with truth/fiction at this point.

Is it "typical" to see novel virus mutations like this in terms of the "timeline" we have been given?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It's what the media DOES NOT tell you that makes them so sinister.

Ummm...prezactly…

And what precisely is that one wonders...

Why...the truth...if indeed we must care...

YouSir
edit on 18-3-2020 by YouSir because: I broke the code again...

new topics

<<   2 >>

join