It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick Facts Concerning the Military (RE Response to Covid-19 a.k.a. Coronavirus a.k.a. WuFlu)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: ThouArtGod

Wait, you mean the people I occasionally deal with AREN'T zombies?

Well, I mean, don’t assume anything.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: ThouArtGod

We just today started planning for if the town surrounding my base needs support for treating the elderly.

Although I don’t know where you are stationed, having served in this field I can say that the most we can really do is coordinate logistics for the National Guard, and look to protect mission critical assets in support of national defense. We are no only limited by law, but by forward deployed equipment, etc.

And honestly, my own rifle is better maintained than my issued one. Too many blanks fired with the BFA attached- it was pure carbon when I got it.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThouArtGod
a reply to: ChayOphan

I’m glad I can make you laugh, even if through facts alone

One thing that perturbed my buddies and I are military/firearm depictions in popular culture.

Example- how many times in Supernatural can you chamber a round in your pistol? Like, every time you point it? And how are you holding someone at gunpoint, while still needing to rack the slide to “prove you’re serious”. Le sigh.

My favorite is when they're holding someone at gunpoint and then gesture the way they want them to walk with the hand holding the gun. *facepalm*

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Right?! What the heck, man. It’s like entering a room with your barrel 8 feet in front of you.

“Please take my weapon and kill me with it.”

Movies have really screwed with our perception in this country- similar to how many people believe there is no difference between automatic and semiautomatic weapons. SMH.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThouArtGod

Right?! What the heck, man. It’s like entering a room with your barrel 8 feet in front of you.

“Please take my weapon and kill me with it.”

Movies have really screwed with our perception in this country- similar to how many people believe there is no difference between automatic and semiautomatic weapons. SMH.

Yeah I know this isn't a gun thread, but Hollywood and the media really have people confused to all hell about guns. I was one of them. Before I went in the Air Force, I'd only shot a gun once, didn't know the first thing about them. The more you learn about them, the more you realize all the stuff you thought you "knew" from movies is bull#, and the less scary they become.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Not a “gun” thread- but on that note; all weapons should be respected. (Hell, a crossbow scares the crap out of me once it’s locked and cocked, but mostly because I’m unfamiliar with their use.) But I have a crap ton of weapons and ammo in my household, and I’ve NEVER worried about my children hurting themselves (because safety). They shouldn’t be feared, at least if handled properly.

And my kids are literally named Danger, Thunder and Lightning. (But seriously)
edit on 18/3/2020 by ThouArtGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Just signed an Authorization to Work letter. Apparently, with this letter I am essential personnel and can go back and forth for work if there is a quarantine or lockdown in my area?

I work/live across state lines as well. Do you think this will become an additional problem at some point?

Intense things happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join