It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid work stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I work at a private religious school and it's closed down due to virus. Instead of having us disinfect the place the boss has us outside cleaning up leaves because he wants to get the spring break stuff done early. Disinfecting is on the agenda somewhere but doesn't seem to be high on his list of priorities. What makes me even more mad is they had a group of people (at least 30) in the chapel for mass or whatever. What's the point of disinfecting the school if large groups of people are still going to be coming in like that? All it takes is a cough or sneeze from somebody who is sick and all our work is for nothing. Hell, I read that you don't even have to show symptoms to spread it. I'm more than a little ticked off.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Depending on where you are, he may be thinking that school will end up cancelled so it's no rush.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I'm going to get flamed for this but I think a lot of the measures being taken to "stop the spread" are laughable. There's no consistency, no rhyme or reason it seems...just haphazard attempts at making people feel safe.

You go to a restaurant and they only give you one menu for the whole table. Well they're going to disinfect that one menu so what's the problem with handing out 2-4 and cleaning those? They're stingy with all the condiments and seasonings, yet proceed to hand out napkins, straws, utensils etc. and then handle them again after they're used. Do you think they're washing hands in between contact with each customer? Hell nay.

Cashiers put on gloves and handle your groceries, bank card, register, and the next persons groceries without changing gloves. Wipe down your shopping cart and try not to think about ALL the other things in the store people are touching on all day, picking up and putting back on the shelf.

Go wash your hands and then touch the bathroom door handle that people touched on the way in

Etc. Etc. I made my point you know what I'm talking about here.

I'm quite amused at the illusion people are trying to maintain. Yes I know I'm a major butthole. I'm not apologizing. I'm not ashamed.

edit on 17-3-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

SoOo...

They close the school part down because of the possibility of getting a virus...

Yet they hold mass meetings and the boss is OK with you and the crew there as well?

WTF?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Don’t know how long the virus stays alive outside the human body but the longer the classrooms are empty and vacant the better
I expect the virus will be dead inside the rooms in a day or two, probably less, the clean up won’t need to be disinfected as thorough as if it was being constantly used

The virus needs a host, the rooms being empty for extended time means less chance of a contagious environment, I would be happy to wait a bit of time

As for the church service, that’s a little silly

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Don’t know how long the virus stays alive outside the human body but the longer the classrooms are empty and vacant the better
I expect the virus will be dead inside the rooms in a day or two, probably less, the clean up won’t need to be disinfected as thorough as if it was being constantly used

The virus needs a host, the rooms being empty for extended time means less chance of a contagious environment, I would be happy to wait a bit of time

They are saying up to 9 days on a surface under 70 degrees...

We got talked to about that in an oil company meeting the other day.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

It's a job, don't complain. I doubt if disinfecting the place is going to make any difference. People will be catching this disease then get immunity. They are blowing up the deaths of this disease on the news here, but more people will probably die of suicide in a month than will die in a month from this virus when it goes full tilt. Suicide seems to be pandemic these days. Way more people died of side effects of meds last month than have died from this virus during that time. health.usnews.com...

I do think that we should delay the curve of this virus reasonably, but am not afraid of this virus any more than dying of a heart attack or stroke. My risk of dying of those is higher than dying of this virus.

Those who are really old, or those on immune system blocking meds, need to beware, I know quite a few people who must watch out.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

9 days, that doesn’t sound right to me
That’s a very long time for a virus to live without a host
Scary long

Be happy to work outside for 9 days and not ever go inside

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

9 days, that doesn’t sound right to me
That’s a very long time for a virus to live without a host
Scary long

Be happy to work outside for 9 days and not ever go inside

It didn't sound right to anyone...

But some major oil companies are now changing some of the PPE requirements to nitrile gloves for shared work surfaces on a wellsite for awhile.

THAT is when I started to worry... for the most part, out here in the oilfield you already ARE self-quarantined (you work a 21 day shift, live in a man-camp by yourself, go to your job where nobody else is and work in an environment that does not promote life at all) so why the worry about workers cross-contaminating?

Dunno.

Something to think about.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

No argument, sounds incredibly long lived
Scary at 9 days

top topics

join