It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 and smoking or vaping

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: marikievansclkers

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
does anybody know if there is evidence to show that people who smoke or vap are more at risk of more serious covid-19 infection, or are they effected the same as everyone else.

Truly getting bizarre now. My guess is you inherently know thesew things won't do well with any kind of respiratory illness yet you're fishing for somebody to tell you that you can go ahead anyway guilt free...

Obviously they raised the price of cigarettes to make them unobtainable in the event of a coronavirus outbreak. They dont want to give the cure away for free.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2
a reply to: Boadicea

We always have a rum tottie ( hot drink with alcohol) when having a cold or flu. Knowing 70% Alcohol kills the virus ( Evergeen Vodka is 70%) Would a vaporizers with an alcohol based source actually do any good?

There are approved medicinal uses for inhaled alcohol, but it comes with serious risks, particularly intoxication -- i.e., just plain old drunk! So I'm not sure that's your best choice.

But you're thinking in the right directions. Just keep in mind that anything added directly to the vaporizer water needs to be clear fluid. No oils*. You could add peroxide to the basin of water, and/or colloidal silver, and/or vinegar (without the mother). These will also keep the vaporizer clean and sterilized. Personally, I've had great results with peroxide and colloidal silver (together) in the vaporizer with a lung infection. I used about one cup of peroxide, and an ounce of silver in the basin. I've seen recommendations up to 8 or 16 ounces of peroxide. I found much less effective, but it was combined with silver, which could make a difference.

*If the vaporizer has a little bowl or pocket for Vicks, you could add essential oils instead like eucalyptus or lemon and eucalyptus, turmeric oil, etc. And Vicks itself can't be beat -- menthol, camphor, and eucalyptus. (The original natural medicine!)

Clear water steam is also beneficial. So it doesn't hurt to let the vaporizer run with just water sometimes too. Perhaps alternate.

And keep the hot toddies too!!! I swear by my hot toddies...

edit on 17-3-2020 by Boadicea because: spelling

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
Your lungs are getting polluted, so....

Not with vaping.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Covid-19 infected vape juices from China the cause of those vaping deaths maybe?

It had crossed my mind when people were talking about getting the flu, and then a little while later getting another longer lasting "flu"..

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
EU and China are heavy smokers and many places in China has pollution that is about 2 packs extra per day, so who knows...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: marikievansclkers

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
does anybody know if there is evidence to show that people who smoke or vap are more at risk of more serious covid-19 infection, or are they effected the same as everyone else.

Truly getting bizarre now. My guess is you inherently know thesew things won't do well with any kind of respiratory illness yet you're fishing for somebody to tell you that you can go ahead anyway guilt free...

don't do either, just curious

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join