It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't get it.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

...No matter what insurance you have or how rich you are, which ought to scare the hell out of anyone with at least two brain cells because when that goes, the US as we know it goes with it. Probably with fire, blood and a raft of secondary plagues.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo
Because if the serious case number explodes at once and overwhelms the system... People will start dying from simple things like compound fractures and bacterial infections simply due to the lack of medical space and caregivers...

But how is it different from H1N1?

Hospitals weren't over run, but thousands did die... More than 1,000 died of H1N1 in the US before Obama did anything official. We've had 50 deaths related to Wu-Tang flu and now everyone thinks the SHTF.

This is what is not making sense. SARs, nor h1n1 overwhelmed our system.... so why will Wu Flu?

The public's reaction to it because of our media.

When H1N1 happened you did not have the media screaming that the government was too slow to contain it, we are all going to die and it's the President's fault.

Some in the media have even taken to calling Corona19 the Trump virus.

So you didn't have the panic portion of it and you did not also have the government's reaction to try to calm the panic.

Fun fact... of all the people tested so far for Corona19 in the USA, 98% were negative.

But yet hospitals are being over-run by people who have the flu... in our flu season... who are convinced that they are going to die of Corona19.

The media made this problem.

For political gain.

Because Orange Man Bad.

There is your answer.

Hate them yet?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo
Because if the serious case number explodes at once and overwhelms the system... People will start dying from simple things like compound fractures and bacterial infections simply due to the lack of medical space and caregivers...

But how is it different from H1N1?

Hospitals weren't over run, but thousands did die... More than 1,000 died of H1N1 in the US before Obama did anything official. We've had 50 deaths related to Wu-Tang flu and now everyone thinks the SHTF.

This is what is not making sense. SARs, nor h1n1 overwhelmed our system.... so why will Wu Flu?

The public's reaction to it because of our media.

When H1N1 happened you did not have the media screaming that the government was too slow to contain it, we are all going to die and it's the President's fault.

Some in the media have even taken to calling Corona19 the Trump virus.

So you didn't have the panic portion of it and you did not also have the government's reaction to try to calm the panic.

Fun fact... of all the people tested so far for Corona19 in the USA, 98% were negative.

But yet hospitals are being over-run by people who have the flu... in our flu season... who are convinced that they are going to die of Corona19.

The media made this problem.

For political gain.

Because Orange Man Bad.

There is your answer.

Hate them yet?

You said better and in less words...100% whats going on

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yea that bullcrap too. Media, is going nuts about it also. Yet the biology of the viruses are differant. I suppose if Obama, was still potus the media would actually be informing the people instead of trying to scare them. Yet I also notice international media freaking out also. CNN got in trouble recently for trying to instill panic, I saw on my google news page.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: Edumakated

Because China did not contain the epidemic. It’s also very contagious, google Italy corona virus, or iran that what happens when it over runs your healthcare system. Ya know they are just reporting corona fatalities but of course people are not getting fatalities from other illnesses or other health cases being effected by an overwhelmed healthcare system in these negatively effected regions. Wonder how many people passed away needing emergency care not related to corona in wuhan during the height of that pandemic., when all the beds were being taken by corona patients. I am sure those facts will never come to light. Maybe we will see lawsuits if it comes to that in the states years from now or a documentary if it gets that bad. That’s what is bad about pandemics.

Here are some stats and summary from Wikipedia on h1n1.

The new strain was first identified by the CDC in two children, neither of whom had been in contact with pigs. The first case, from San Diego County, California, was confirmed from clinical specimens (nasopharyngeal swab) examined by the CDC on April 14, 2009. A second case, from nearby Imperial County, California, was confirmed on April 17. The patient in the first confirmed case had flu symptoms including fever and cough upon clinical examination on March 30 and the second on March 28.[161]

The first confirmed H1N1/09 pandemic flu death, which occurred at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston, Texas, was of a toddler from Mexico City who was visiting family in Brownsville, Texas, before being air-lifted to Houston for treatment.[162] The Infectious Diseases Society of America estimated that the total number of deaths in the U.S. was 12,469.[163]

Read the last sentence.... 12,469 deaths in the US. Do you recall Wall Street crashing? Do you recall entire states and cities being on lock down? I don't...

We haven't even crossed 75 deaths yet in the US. 75....

Hell, the GLOBAL death count supposedly is just around 7,000.

So again, why is Wu Flu so special and so much more dangerous than h1n1? It is a simple question that for some reason, we can't get a simple answer.

Some more data to chew on...

CDC illness and death estimates from April 2009 to April 2010, in the US are as follows:

CDC estimates that between 43 million and 89 million cases of 2009 H1N1 occurred between April 2009 and 10 April 2010. The mid-level in this range is about 61 million people infected with 2009 H1N1.

CDC estimates that between about 195,000 and 403,000 H1N1-related hospitalizations occurred between April 2009 and 10 April 2010. The mid-level in this range is about 274,000 2009 H1N1-related hospitalizations.

CDC estimates that between about 8,870 and 18,300 2009 H1N1-related deaths occurred between April 2009 and 10 April 2010. The mid-level in this range is about 12,470 2009 H1N1-related deaths

Again.... look at the numbers above and compare to the 75 deaths and few thousand confirmed cases in the US.

IT DON"T MAKE NO DAMN SENSE.... wake up.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Over 300 people died in a day in Italy. That freaked allot of governments out, and the daily death tolls in China in January in February. That’s my opinion. The CFR is freaking the medical professionals out. The virus has only been effecting humans for 2-4 months depending on what summary we read.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Again, what makes it more dangerous is the incubation period. That’s the one factor that makes it more dangerous than H1N1 and even Ebola. If this spreads uncontrolled it’ll dwarf the numbers of previous epidemics.

If we as a country had been proactive about testing people for it from the start we wouldn’t be in the situation we are now. We could have isolated the cases as they were found and stopped it from spreading. But everyone wanted to stick their heads in the sand, including the government. Now we’re going to have to take extreme measures to contain it.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Over 300 people died in a day in Italy. That freaked allot of governments out, and the daily death tolls in China in January in February. That’s my opinion. The CFR is freaking the medical professionals out. The virus has only been effecting humans for 2-4 months depending on what summary we read.

How many people typically die in a day in Italy?

Throwing out 300 people died in Italy is meaningless without context. How many were on their death bed already? Ages? How many people die of flu or other complications daily in Italy?

Again, 12,500 people died of h1n1 in the US in 2009. TWELVE FREAKING THOUSAND PEOPLE.

So again, why didn't the entire country shut down? How come our hospitals weren't over run?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Stop typing in all caps. You sound like a freaking goon and you look completely ridiculous.

This has already been explained to you in several other threads. You are deliberately pretending that "no one" has any answers for you because you refuse to sort out how an incredibly long incubation period compared to h1n1 thrusts the curve so far into the vertical that there is no meaningful comparison between the two. That means the US healthcare system cracks in half as the number of sick -- growing exponentially each day -- surges all at once or over a period of days.

If we swamp the system, everybody loses. That is common sense.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

300 people died from corona in Italy.

And to your second question. I don’t know. I remember following the swine flu in 2009 here on ats as a matter a fact, I remember the media reported on it a few weeks I think ats made a couple threads on it and they just stopped talking about it.. just like Fukushima, so there must be something different with this story.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

300 people died from corona in Italy.

And to your second question. I don’t know. I remember following the swine flu in 2009 here on ats as a matter a fact, I remember the media reported on it a few weeks I think ats made a couple threads on it and they just stopped talking about it.. just like Fukushima, so there must be something different with this story.

I am all ears. No one has clearly explained how it is truly any different. I ask a simple question and all we get is deflections.

The numbers and data and reactions simply make no sense whatsoever.

We are not getting the full story.

I'ved posited that this is either blind hysteria OR it is far worse than we are being led to believe but we are not being told exactly why.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I mean, dude, you've got a point, but as far as "far worse" goes, it looks like it's pretty bad already, no?
Tanked stocks? World shut down? Thousands dead? Thousands more in the hospital? Hundreds of thousands sickened?

How much more "bad" are we thinking? J/S

I'm seeing it now. It's not the virus itself that's bad. It's the aftermaths.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
You can say 12,000 plus people died that's fine, the CDC figure was actually between 8,000 and 18,500, but the actual confirmed figure in the United States was 3,433. Check the wiki page if you don't believe me.

en.wikipedia.org...

Italy is already on pace to record more deaths than the USA did during the entire pandemic in 2009. That's why every nation in the world is freaking out right now.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

That statistic was after a year total death 12,000 est. corona has been in the USA for a couple months. Corona has been in Italy for a couple months 2158 deaths. Maybe wait to judge, give it a year. Your argument is a bit premature.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crosswinds

I mean, dude, you've got a point, but as far as "far worse" goes, it looks like it's pretty bad already, no?
Tanked stocks? World shut down? Thousands dead? Thousands more in the hospital? Hundreds of thousands sickened?

How much more "bad" are we thinking? J/S

I'm seeing it now. It's not the virus itself that's bad. It's the aftermaths.

I mean the virus itself is far worse in some way.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

That statistic was after a year total death 12,000 est. corona has been in the USA for a couple months. Corona has been in Italy for a couple months 2158 deaths. Maybe wait to judge, give it a year. Your argument is a bit premature.

More than 50,000 people die from plain flu in the US every year....

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

This too.

There are solid reasons why these things are being done, but there is no excuse for the fear-mongering around the reportage that makes all of this so super scary to most people.

We should be treating this like a tornado warning where we all head into our basements or safe rooms calmly and in good order and prepare to wait it out. But instead, we have everyone acting like the atomic bombs are about to fall.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Ya but you can take a vaccine for that. Generalizing it is fine. I would encourage to be vigilant and observant of this virus. Good talk bro 👍

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

There are about 340million in the US. If between 30 to 70% of us get this, that means we're looking at between 102million to 238million who could get this in the coming months with 20% of those getting severe illness requiring hospitalization. That's 20,400,000 possibly needing a hospital bed in a nation with around 900,000 of them. That's about 1/3 of the potential need on the lower end.

Now, I'm choosing the lower end because I don't think we're looking at 30% of the population getting infected myself, but even so ... we have a lot of people who can get sick, and if it happens fast enough, there is easily the potential for the minority of cases that will need specialized care to overwhelm our ability to provide it.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

There are about 340million in the US. If between 30 to 70% of us get this, that means we're looking at between 102million to 238million who could get this in the coming months with 20% of those getting severe illness requiring hospitalization. That's 20,400,000 possibly needing a hospital bed in a nation with around 900,000 of them. That's about 1/3 of the potential need on the lower end.

Now, I'm choosing the lower end because I don't think we're looking at 30% of the population getting infected myself, but even so ... we have a lot of people who can get sick, and if it happens fast enough, there is easily the potential for the minority of cases that will need specialized care to overwhelm our ability to provide it.

But again, how is it any different from h1n1? See numbers below:

CDC estimates that between 43 million and 89 million cases of 2009 H1N1 occurred between April 2009 and 10 April 2010. The mid-level in this range is about 61 million people infected with 2009 H1N1.

CDC estimates that between about 195,000 and 403,000 H1N1-related hospitalizations occurred between April 2009 and 10 April 2010. The mid-level in this range is about 274,000 2009 H1N1-related hospitalizations.

Wall Street didn't crash. Hospitals didn't suddenly run out of beds. There was no run on stores. Schools didn't close.

What exactly is different?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join