It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cessnas around U.S. cities today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Wow...Cessna 172 Skyhawks are out joy riding, today, around many large cities across the U.S! Even a few Cessna Skylines.

The Pipers....not so much. They seem to be going from point A to point B per the usual.

I only got as far up as Calgary...before I had to stop.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
All those flight students and renters trying to hurry up and build those hours before the flight schools close due to COVID-19.
Lol!
My bird's (not a cessna) in the shop. Haven't taken her out since the outbreak started. Not building hours, but if I could, I'd be out there with 'em. Wish I was.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

These are just a nice handful...there are more.
edit on 3/16/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Crosswinds

Must be that...because I've been keeping an eye out on the flight trackers. Mad rush before COVID-19 today!

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

We got a lot of 'em up here where I live today too. I saw two on my walk through the park. A couple friends of mine are flight instructors and they've been saying their students are really trying to cram in the hours because a lot of FBOs for rentals and flight schools are closing.

I spotted a nice 1960s era straight tail 172 taking off from the local strip this morning to top it off. I love those ones.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Noticed a lot of them flying around our local "small airport." Familiar with a few I've seen, several belong to doctors I know. Probably getting some air time while they can before the 22 hour shifts start!

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

The 172 is probably the most popular aircraft for pilot training. It's also not a half bad entry level aircraft for owners. Since 1956, when it entered service, over 44,000 were built.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Even I have been behind the yoke.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

They're a fun little plane. Incredibly forgiving and easy to fly.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Ahabstar

They're a fun little plane. Incredibly forgiving and easy to fly.

100% agreed. They're often poked fun at by the pilot crowd as being "too forgiving" but that's precisely what makes them an awesome aircraft. You get in, you go fly, nothing complex or weird about it. A 172 is the ideal way to enjoy a ride around the sky, and with the high wing, you get an awesome view of what's below you without having to dip a wing to see your house as you fly over it.

I should be a Cessna salesperson. LOL

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Can confirm. I live in ATL, there has been a lot of small plane/jet activity in North Atlanta. One private field near me and 2 public ones about 10 miles from here in opposite directions. It's Atlanta so there's always a good bit but this is significantly more than usual.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
these days if needed your flight time will be paid for by others.....started that 10 months ago.....same with med school in Cali

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
these days if needed your flight time will be paid for by others.....started that 10 months ago.....same with med school in Cali

If you're instructing you mean? I've never seen anyone pay for anyone's flight time except if they're a CFI or if they're with a pre-signed program like ATP Flight School that connects with employers for a tuition reimbursement upon hiring.

The pilot shortage has been going on for quite some time but I haven't heard of anything THAT desperate yet

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   
yep....it's staving off a huge problem pilot shortage

we will not have enough pilots

a reply to: Crosswinds

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Another reason that ADSB-out should be locked out to the general public. That’s like mandating putting ADSB on everyone’s personal car and watching where your neighbors go.

That’s why I like Piper J-3 Cubs those and all other factory non electric aircraft are exempt.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

That's why I bought a non electrical plane.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Is this normal looking?

Honest question...this is Sydney Australia right now.

edit on 3/19/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: dogstar23

Is this normal looking?

Honest question...this is Sydney Australia right now.

Yes

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

How do you know ?

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   
When I had a radio program called UFO Roundtable, Cessna aircraft used to buzz me at work and at home. One of my radio guests said it was a Psi-Ops operation.. I photographed some of them.

new topics

top topics

join