It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six San Francisco Counties will be ordered to Shelter In Place

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The six main counties in the SF Bay will be placed under a shelter in place order for 2 weeks or more under a soon to be issued directive. Essential services will remain open but everything else will be shut down. This order will effect almost 8 million people.

its unclear how they will enforce it however and to do so they will most likely have to call out the national guard to do so. More to follow no doubt

www.latimes.com...
edit on 3/16/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/16/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Just wanted to add a non-paywall source for you.

La Times is #ing garbage for doing that during all this...

www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Well crap.

This is going to be ugly.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Well crap.

Well stated...

They are going to have to Shelter In Poop.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Well crap.

Well stated...

They are going to have to Shelter In Poop.

That was my first thought. Drug needles and poop will accumulate, making Nancy Pelosi's District even more of a hell hole.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If it wasn't some kind of test it sure looks like it now.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
so what about all the homeless? how can they "stay indoors" and not go outside, when many of them live in tents, if that? and those are the people most at risk of getting and spreading the virus around. heck they are examples of everything people shouldn't do in this situation.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well this should be interesting...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik
so what about all the homeless? how can they "stay indoors" and not go outside, when many of them live in tents, if that? and those are the people most at risk of getting and spreading the virus around. heck they are examples of everything people shouldn't do in this situation.

They will be opening hotels for the homeless.
edit on 16-3-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Since you can't get onto the sidewalks, you'll have to hold that "Crap"

On the serious side, Why don't they just say this as it is 'Martial Law". Unfortunately Washington State and Oregon will probably follow suit. I'm kind of surprised New York didn't try this first.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Notice all the cities screaming bloody murder about this are the ones that were already in financial distress and with other problems. And what do they want?

Extreme fear and panic so they can get a large loot of Federal dollars. Nothing in the guidlines say shelter is needed. Go live in a tent outside. They were doing that already.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
We don't allow homeless in my city. Either go to a shelter or go to jail. Pandering will also get you in jail. Sleep on a sidewalk you are going directly to jail. # in the street and you are absolutely going to jail.

We don't put up with it.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: DBCowboy

Since you can't get onto the sidewalks, you'll have to hold that "Crap"

On the serious side, Why don't they just say this as it is 'Martial Law". Unfortunately Washington State and Oregon will probably follow suit. I'm kind of surprised New York didn't try this first.

They are going to avoid the "M" word for now. Obviously going implement this in stages as needed. Watching San Fran TV one of the reporters commented there were too many people out yesterday like nobody was taking it seriously.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
My mom called me not 30 minutes ago. My cousin's husband works at one of the larger hospitals in the area, and he had just called around to let everyone know that they had received warning that this are is supposed to go on some kind of 3-week lockdown starting today or tomorrow.

We mostly have things we should need to survive if that happens ... but, it looks like the government is flexing its power for sure.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Just a couple of weeks ago Pelosi said it was the perfect time to stroll through china town.

“Join us!” - Pelosi

Speaker Pelosi Visits SF's Chinatown To Show Support Amid Coronavirus Fears

edit on 16-3-2020 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

That's because they didn't really believe it was an actual problem, not one that could touch them, and half of them are deep in China's pockets.

So they dusted off the old arguments they made with Islamophobia and terrorism and ran it with Asians and WuFlu. How's that working out for them now?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
For reference, four of the counties listed are in the top 25 wealthiest counties in the US and include Silicon Valley. Wealth is by no means ubiquitous in the Bay Area but there are large concentrations of it there.

This is something that will effect billionaires and the homeless alike. Mostly just average, working class folks.

Also, it's home for me - where I grew up and my heart is with everyone living there and going through this today.
edit on 3/16/20 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

We're all going to go through this to greater or lesser degrees. It's just a matter of time. I wish they'd get to it and do it already though. I hate feeling like it's hanging over my head.

The big problem is that I'm in the middle or rehabbing my shoulder. I'd like to carry on with PT and exercise and other things to get my range of motion cooking again.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Hefficide

We're all going to go through this to greater or lesser degrees. It's just a matter of time. I wish they'd get to it and do it already though. I hate feeling like it's hanging over my head.

The big problem is that I'm in the middle or rehabbing my shoulder. I'd like to carry on with PT and exercise and other things to get my range of motion cooking again.

I wish they'd get to it and do it already though. I hate feeling like it's hanging over my head

They are waiting for the folks to ask for it.
Which will be soon now
But , not me.
I like my freedom.
And I refuse to panic over something that has not materialized yet.
In fact , I don't think I ever panic.
Panic causes one to lose all logic and reason thus ending in very poor decision making.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Having to stay home doesn't bother me. I'll do that for a month or so, but the sooner we get to it, the sooner it can be done IMO. I understand why it's happening and agree with the strategy.

But I want to get it done with instead of limping along from day to day expecting that it could happen without knowing when or if it will.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join