It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tried to buy Corona virus treatment/cure from germany

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
i put this in conspiracy forum for what at least my personal theory on this was but i will also post sources to the topic at question

ok semi tinfoil but bear with me here on this and it will be long and i suck at formatting:

a story from germany just broke that trump tried to buy the cure some german bio-tech firm allegely has devloped to fight/cure the corona virus and he wanted to patent . the state department knew nothing about this so it was presumed he wanted to use his own money to do this which would have bluntly guaranteed republicans the 2020 election and possibly the house . if he had pulled this off i would have seen him announcing it by surprise at one of his press conferences and then in uncharacteristically for a billionaire (but smart as all hell) offered the cure to every American for free (ideally) or at least at COST and with the amount of people freaking out about this virus no way he looses 2020 (im still confident not being a debbie downer on his odds btw) . he then could have use ownership of said patent in 3 ways .

1 use it as leverage against hostile nations (read NK and iran) who are having problems with the virus,like say get iran to give up on nuclear power in exchange for it (an election year win) same for NK but kim cares less about his people then them.

2 he could get insanely wealthy as to my knowledge the executive and parts of the legislative branch are immune from insider trading laws so even giving it away for free/cost to Americans he would come out ahead just on stock values. and would not have to go to martin shekle levels of shenanigans to do it

3 it would cause the DOW to surge thus him saving the us economy when it looks like we were heading into a recession again so all huge wins against trumps enemies while making him rich as all hell (NYT guardian and many others are covering this now i am unsure what sources are approved her ) its semi tinfoily but does seem in line with trumps art of the deal mentality.

as it would have played to his savior complex and it would be a political coup for him during an election year

promised links www.nytimes.com...

www.theguardian.com...

German ministers have reacted angrily following reports US president Donald Trump offered a German medical company “large sums of money” for exclusive rights to a Covid-19 vaccine. “Germany is not for sale,” economy minister Peter Altmaier told broadcaster ARD, reacting to a front page report in Welt am Sonntag newspaper headlined “Trump vs Berlin”. The newspaper reported Trump offered $1bn to Tübingen-based biopharmaceutical company CureVac to secure the vaccine “only for the United States”. The German government was reportedly offering its own financial incentives for the vaccine to stay in the country.
so there is the Guardian link that sums it up ,so this is a factual post but with my own theories about it hence why its posted here vs breaking news

www.reuters.com... 0IV

BERLIN (Reuters) - Berlin is trying to stop Washington from persuading a German company seeking a coronavirus vaccine to move its research to the United States, prompting German politicians to insist no country should have a monopoly on any future vaccine.
another link on it

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Lmao God damn Yankees...

a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
All things considered in the world right now I guess if you were a major world leader I don't find it odd that anyone would try to purchase a potential cure. Especially when you look at the current situation both in the US and other countries where China manufactures much of the pharma products.

I don't see it as a good thing to let China handle it and I think it has been well documented that the POTUS has wanted to lighten our dependence on China and other countries. The President can make an offer but that doesn't mean the deal is done.

The Germans can always say no and there is just speculation as to what the motives are for the President to make an offer. What would happen if another country makes an offer on it and then the questions start why didn't you make an offer? Either way your damned if you do ad damned if you don't.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
i had power out for 3 days here in montana so i had been itching to post this again its my pet theory but the event did happen , i dont think he would have necessarily hold it back from the world but absolutly would have used it against hostile nations

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Probably one of the dumbest conspiracies of all time. The US subsidizes drugs. If the US really wanted to cash in they would charge full price globally. Instead they upcharge Americans. The USMCA Trump just signed is still upcharging Americans for drugs.

What will end up happening is the US will end up funding most of the cure globally just like everything else.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

If that was the norm. Then a bold move like this would be a wise choice.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I think it’s a mix of 2 and 3.

Check this out:

Roche is the only government approved supplier of test kits. The companies involved, Clover Health, Oscar Health and Roche Pharmaceuticals are all connected via funding to Alphabet, which is a multinational conglomerate and the parent company of Google. And a major investor in Donald Trumps family.

And who is Oscar Health?

NEW YORK, March 13, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Oscar, a tech-driven health insurance company, launched the first testing center locator for COVID-19 in the U.S., featuring more than 100 centers today. It is accessible to the general public and more testing centers are being added every day.

Link

And what’s the story of Oscar Health?

Oscar's story begins, fittingly, in a hospital room. In 2012, Oscar CEO Mario Schlosser and his wife were going through their first pregnancy in New York. Confronted with a maze of insurance jargon and no practical way to identify the best obstetrician, their first meaningful experience with the health care system put them at a loss as to how to navigate care or hold anyone accountable. Mario’s friend Josh Kushner had recently had his own frustrating encounter following what should’ve been a routine treatment for an injury. Mario and Josh knew that their experiences were reflective of a larger problem in health care: consumers were powerless. That spring, they founded Oscar Health.

Link

Wait a minute. Josh Kushner. That last name sounds familiar. Well will you look at that, it’s the brother of Jared Kushner, the Presidents son in law and senior advisor.

I’m sure that’s all nothing though. There’s no possible way that Donald Trump tried to buy the rights to a vaccine so he could give it to members of his own family to turn a profit from. It’s totally normal that the companies involved in testing for COVID-19 are led by members of the Presidents family. I’m sure that in no way had anything to do with why the President refused the WHO testing kits that are being used everywhere else around the globe.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming..
edit on 16-3-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If this story is true then I am glad he is working on behalf of the American people to secure any medical advantage we can find.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Oh yeah. I’m sure all of this is on behalf of the American people.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

hrrrm that is interesting good catch !

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Trump could cure cancer and you would be unhappy.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

If the media wasn’t ran by corporatist stooges there’d be investigative reporters all over this and it would probably be on the front page of every newspaper.

But I doubt it’ll even be talked about by anyone.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Buy a cure? Help People? BAH GAWD thats an impeachable offense!

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: underwerks

Trump could cure cancer and you would be unhappy.

Depends on how he did it I guess. If he bought the cure so his family could profit off the sale of it while keeping it from other countries you’re damn right I’d have a problem with it.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Funny, this whole thread is about trump trying to buy someone out for a cure for covid19... the cure for cancer can easily be wielded in the wrong hands.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If the story came out that Trump knew and didn't try to "buy it".
They'd be all over that too.
The US. President (Trump) won't get no break from the "undesirables". No matter what he does.
You know? Them that "cling to their science and safe spaces". The same folks that think the life ending virus is here? So their first reaction is to run out and purchase all the toilet paper? The same people that spread this nonsense around.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

NEW YORK, March 13, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Oscar, a tech-driven health insurance company, launched the first testing center locator for COVID-19 in the U.S., featuring more than 100 centers today. It is accessible to the general public and more testing centers are being added every day.

Link

And what’s the story of Oscar Health?

Oscar's story begins, fittingly, in a hospital room. In 2012, Oscar CEO Mario Schlosser and his wife were going through their first pregnancy in New York. Confronted with a maze of insurance jargon and no practical way to identify the best obstetrician, their first meaningful experience with the health care system put them at a loss as to how to navigate care or hold anyone accountable. Mario’s friend Josh Kushner had recently had his own frustrating encounter following what should’ve been a routine treatment for an injury. Mario and Josh knew that their experiences were reflective of a larger problem in health care: consumers were powerless. That spring, they founded Oscar Health.

Read it again...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm gonna call BS but don't really care. Our President can do no right in some peoples diseased minds so I really don't care.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Opps - sorry - you did post references. Cranking while isolated.

edit on 16-3-2020 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

eh pretty much every one is running with it so he did try but again zee germans shut it down, at least it means vaccine pending and several alleged treatment options soonish which should help the market which would be a good thing the sooner the better

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join