It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid 19 civility and respect

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scrable
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I understand the premise, I just have a hard time believing it's a workable solution.

What if I'm young, healthy and only able to get to the store during boomer hours.

Nevermind the fact that people will take every advantage that they can. Day one of this plan we will see people re-selling what they just bought in the parking lot.

Rubbish and sinical.

What some do or might do should never effect the majority.

It is or rather should be " the thought that counts" and the thought in this case is to at least offer the assistance to those highly likely to need it. Simple.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

I agree. We need to take care of ourselves and those within our communities.

Sadly, we should have already been doing this, even before the advent of this virus.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I am not the bad guy for pointing out the dark side of human nature. T he fact that this idea is a direct response to selfish panic buying proves my point.

I saw this coming in January, and began picking up an extra can or two each week.

What you could not of known is that my plan today is to take stock, decide what I can part with, and donate what I can to the local food pantry.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I got a better idea. How about everyone stop freaking out and rushing the stores and their will be plentiful supplies for everyone. Simple solutions for simple people.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

I understand the premise, I just have a hard time believing it's a workable solution.

What if I'm young, healthy and only able to get to the store during boomer hours.

Nevermind the fact that people will take every advantage that they can. Day one of this plan we will see people re-selling what they just bought in the parking lot.

Rubbish and sinical.

It is or rather should be " the thought that counts" and the thought in this case is to at least offer the assistance to those highly likely to need it. Simple.

You spend your time on ATS belittling those who don't agree with you, profusely. If you want to show civility and respect, start with your own granny or neighbor.

Otherwise you're just a bleeding heart talking out your hindquarters.

Lining up invalids for a round of Supermarket Sweep is a terrible idea.

Take care of your own, get in line for them, buy an extra roll for someone, since you can't come up with a realistic idea yourself.

edit on 15-3-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I saw this coming in January, and began picking up an extra can or two each week.

What you could not of known is that my plan today is to take stock, decide what I can part with, and donate what I can to the local food pantry.

Same here.
I figure what we haven't used 6-9 months form now can be donated.

I think the soup kitchens and food pantries will be greatly in need.
Right now and down the road.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I agree. We need to take care of ourselves and those within our communities.

Sadly, we should have already been doing this, even before the advent of this virus.

Have to agree.

However at least someone has listened as Australia just announced that two of the three main shopping companies are dedicating a hour starting at 7am for the elderly and disabled to get their necessities.

Instils a little faith back in humanity. From my perspective, hope it catches on in other countries - I'm sure it will.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DietWoke

originally posted by: CthruU

Rubbish and sinical.

You spend your time on ATS belittling those who don't agree with you, profusely. If you want to show civility and respect, start with your own granny or neighbor.

Otherwise you're just a bleeding heart talking out your hindquarters.

Lining up invalids for a round of Supermarket Sweep is a terrible idea.

Take care of your own, get in line for them, buy an extra roll for someone, since you can't come up with a realistic idea yourself.

What would you know new account poster???????

You spend your time - all 5 mins of it doing exactly what you described myself as doing.

Clearly i touched a nerve (truth hurts) - deal with it Einstein if you can. I won't hold my breath.

But anyway Someone in Australia has listened and has implemented exactly what i suggested albeit for 1 hour from 7am each day so boo hoo to you.

So it is not a terrible idea after all but you have a terrible grip on the concept of empathy so continue to show us all your true immature colors if you dare.

"Take care of your own" and by that i mean start with yourself - get a big very clean mirror and have a good long hard look sunshine.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join