It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid 19 civility and respect

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   
This is more a shout out to any grocery shop managers/owners and to anyone who feels like they can approach their local grocery store manager.

With all the hysteria and mahem ensuing at grocery stores we seem to be forgetting common courtesy and more importantly the vulnerable elderly and disabled who no doubt are not attending due to fear of the crowds etc,etc.

I would like to humbly suggest that all grocery stores and alike seriously without further hesitation -

SET ASIDE FIRST TWO HOURS OF TRADE EACH DAY FOR SOULY THE ELDERLY AND THE DISABLED TO GATHER THEIR NECESSITIES WITHOUT THE BURDEN OF DISRESPECTFUL OTHERS FIGHTING THEM FOR SAID NECESSITIES.
(No others allowed in store at that timeslot fullstop)

As a community and a fellow human being surely this very small courtesy we could all live with in order to protect our most vulnerable citizens during these testing times.

Thankyou.
edit on 15-3-2020 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

No way boomer.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   

So on top of hoarding you want to set up a class system?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DietWoke

Your ignorance is beyond compare.

How is it about class??? - its about protecting the most vulnerable. Elderly and disabled fall into what class??

Hows the weather up in your ivory tower?? Least we know it's all about you.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   

No way boomer.

You must be looking forward to your judgment day. Hope you like it hot.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Its a great idea. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   

It is not about setting up a class system.

Matthew 25:40

“...and the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.”

And if that isn’t good enough for you, how about this;

It’s about showing a bit of respect, and compassion for those upon whose shoulders we stand and whose burdens we would not care to bear ourselves.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

How is it about class??? - its about protecting the most vulnerable. Elderly and disabled fall into what class??

So who chooses who is sick and elderly enough to get first pick at hoarding? By what objective measure will people gain this special privilege?

Your system will be abused by the very first customer. And do you really think any store will turn away a paying customer during your special shopping time?

Your compassion and concern is fine. Your application comes from fantasyland though.

And you say I'm ignorant psh

edit on 15-3-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DietWoke

So who chooses who is sick and elderly enough to get first pick at hoarding?

Luckily it won't be you.....

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   

My local general store has been keeping TP for a few of the local pensioners who live week to week and haven't been able to get any..

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Or anyone for that matter. Because it's not a practical idea to begin with. If you want to help people donate your time, join a church, do the shopping and delivery yourself.

Don't call on the real world to protect your feelings.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Read my above post, I'm fine with helping people in need. That is the real world, it's my world, and it's my choice.

Not all of us are the " I've got mine and the rest of you can get stuffed" types.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Read my above post, I'm fine with helping people in need. That is the real world, it's my world, and it's my choice.

Not all of us are the " I've got mine and the rest of you can get stuffed" types.

Maybe not. But to many peop!e are the "You can't tell me what to do, because I'm hear to tell you what to do." Types.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrable

Except nobody is telling them what to do, it's been suggested it would nice to help people in need, what a person chooses to do is up to them.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Indeed.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I understand the premise, I just have a hard time believing it's a workable solution.

What if I'm young, healthy and only able to get to the store during boomer hours.

Nevermind the fact that people will take every advantage that they can. Day one of this plan we will see people re-selling what they just bought in the parking lot.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

So who chooses who is sick and elderly enough to get first pick at hoarding? By what objective measure will people gain this special

Duhhhh, An elderly person is clearly elderly but WHO has said for weeks the age group of most vulnerable elderly so i guess they say who.

And

I never said the sick, i said the disabled and once again clearly a disabled person is clearly (generally) recognized instantly.

Your narrow selfish minded self is shinning through, perhaps a icing on the cake side effect of this thread is to pinpoint the unworthy amoungst us.

I thoroughly doubt "the very first person" to walk through the door will abuse it - more like many many frail thankful souls will cherish the thought for their safety and well being.

But

Please continue on doing the work of the darkside you clearly have a very very long road to go. Lets hope one day you are not so old you can barely walk or struck down by accident or illness leaving you dependant on others but if you are - hopefully you will not be living in a world surrounded by the types of mindset that you clearly possess.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

No need to take the 2 hours literally, it could just be as simple as putting supplies aside, it would be a nightmare trying to force a 2 hour a widow for the needy, but solutions would be available if one were willing.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

It is not about setting up a class system.

Matthew 25:40

“...and the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.”

And if that isn’t good enough for you, how about this;

It’s about showing a bit of respect, and compassion for those upon whose shoulders we stand and whose burdens we would not care to bear ourselves.

Exactly, in the case of the elderly who are those who fought for our freedoms and liberties.(common courtesy by us younger/fitter/able bodied individuals.)

And

In the case of the disabled it is purely compassion and understanding that they simply cannot mix it with the able bodied crowds and likely will be abused and possibly even hurt.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

No need to take the 2 hours literally, it could just be as simple as putting supplies aside, it would be a nightmare trying to force a 2 hour a widow for the needy, but solutions would be available if one were willing.

Yes in hindsight maybe 2 hrs is a bit much maybe more like 1 or 1.5 or even alternate days but with your putting aside idea it could work (not bad) but the store would be flooded with orders requiring more staff to take calls, make orders and man a seperate section for handouts of such a system plus may still need a seperate time aside for implementation anyways, but if they had that seperate time in the morning to come in then they still have a sense of independence without feeling burdenous.

But whatever works i just feel they need help judging by the likes of whats taking place so early on in the peice, can you imagine when the $#!t really starts hitting the fan.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join