It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Help Me Understand the Logic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
So here we have a virus. This particular virus really only negatively affects the elderly. Most commonly, elderly with pre-existing medical issues. With almost everyone else (70 and younger), only having symptoms nothing more than a mild flu.

Why are we shutting down commerce? Why has so many businesses come to a screeching halt over this?

Eventually, this virus will dissipate. When it does, it’s going to leave millions of people in a mound of debt and or possibly jobless. It’s these same people that are the future of our planet. Yet, we are crippling them for the foreseeable future.

I’ve got decades left in this rat race, just like many of you. I’ve got mouths to feed. I have no way of doing so, as the economy has virtually shut down. My business literally died this last week. Not one phone call for new bookings. Only calls to cancel existing ones.

So here’s my real question. Why aren’t we just quarantining the elderly with medical issues? This is for their safety. We’ve pretty much been told that we will come in contact with this virus one way or the other. Many of us may not even feel any symptoms from it — due to strong immune systems. Some will just get flu like symptoms.

Why not quarantine the elderly. Let the rest of us go about our business. Allowing this virus to run its coarse. When it finally does, the elderly can re-integrate back into society.

Why are we shutting EVERYTHING down for something that only affects a minority of the population? It makes more sense to take safety measure for those individuals. Not putting the entire planet in fear mode.

Please help me understand the logic.

P.S. Don’t try and come back at me saying that I’m callous against older folks. My father is 70 and has had bad lung issues for 50 years. So he’s one of the few that is in harms way from this. I’m perfectly fine with him being quarantined for his own safety.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Because it could quite possibly turn out to them being issued armbands with big yellow stars on them is my guess.

After all we do seem to have a penchant for repetition of our past historical transgressions.
edit on 14-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
What this comes down to.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
As I've said any healthy immune system should be welcoming the virus for a tune up, preparing it for further mutations. But this is more than it seems because its a clear push for some agenda and I'm not sure everybody at the top is on the same page. As soon as Tom Hanks declared he had it my suspicions peaked. It all just seems part of a plan.

Probably should check those illuminati cards for this one.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Why not quarantine the elderly.

It's called going to BINGO isn't it?

Ever tried telling an old person they aren't entitled to anything and everything they want?

Good luck.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

I was taken back by Hanks claim as well. The timing was soooo perfect. Willing to be the scapegoat for he and his buddies political beliefs.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I approve of this messege at least.

At least it's a hopeful explanation.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Why not quarantine the elderly.

It's called going to BINGO isn't it?

Ever tried telling an old person they aren't entitled to anything and everything they want?

Good luck.

Hey, it’s their own safety at risk. If they choose to not be quarantined and roll the dice, that’s up to them. That’s my point, it’s not like they will be infecting us any more than we already have.

I went to the pub yesterday before going to the store. It was so refreshing to see so many people there. Many of them older folks. They weren’t buying the hype either. Just being there made me realize how it’s impossible to escape this virus. Literally everyone touching everything communal. Ketchup,Mustard, people preparing your food, serving you cocktails. Fear is the mind killer.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

It's going to take enough Americans thinking for themselves, and becoming angry over the HOAX that the Mainstream Media started and continues to push.

Less than 1% of the Covid-19 cases in this country require hospitalization, and only 51 people have died since January 21st.

www.worldometers.info...

When consumers are frightened, big business must ramp down operations, which makes more people frightened...it's a viscous cycle that will end when people WAKE UP.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
What this comes down to.

Exactly. Logic has nothing to do with people. Instead we should be asking why the media has pressed the panic button knowing people will panic.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Maybe because the vast majority of the people in charge of ordering such things are elderly. Who wants to lock themselves up?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge
Maybe because the vast majority of the people in charge of ordering such things are elderly. Who wants to lock themselves up?

Like I said, they don’t have to, if they don’t want to. It’s not like they are going to make anything worse for the rest of us. If they fear for their health, then quarantine yourself. Let the rest of us go about our business.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

The fact that we choose to elect the same sort of persons most of us would get up to give a seat to on the bus is rather mystifying and pretty much defies logistical reasoning.

edit on 14-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

There hasnt been one government in this world that has been honest and forthright about this virus since back in the early december. When the chinese government told the world about the wuhan virus. About how a local peasant bought bat meat at a local outdoor market. Only to find out later that the chinese government was aware of the virus as many as two months before they released anything to the public.
Then you have our own president meetings with his C.D.C. and H.H.S secretaries.

www.bbc.com...

Then to add insult to injury. For some reason the most advanced country in the world has only tested something like 1500 americans nationwide.

www.theatlantic.com...

coronavirus/607597/ttps://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/public-global-health/487040-white-house-ordered-coronavirus-meetings-classified.

They have just now within the last week of so started screening people entering the U.S. from a broad. It seems to me like our gov is intentionally sticking its head in the sand. Doing just enough to make it look like it is concerned. Basically going through the motions. To cover their own asses. But not enough of anything that will have any effect.
edit on 14-3-2020 by traintrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Here is something to think about. The virus has already mutated and we now have two strains of the virus. That was with a small population of the world infected. What is the chance that there will be more mutations once a significantly higher portion of the world population is infected? Will these new mutations be more deadly? Will they be able to cope with the human immune system? The more people infected can result in an increased risk that this virus will mutate into something more deadly for all and also have the ability to evade our immune system.

My big question is that: Does the human immune system normally destroy all virus particles or can some virus particles hid within our bodies? I really haven't heard much about this. Do people that have recovered shown lower titers of the virus particle? How low can the current test accurately detect the virus?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

If the average human IQ is 100, then you must accept that half the human population has an average to below average IQ.

Then toss in the media, social media, and their neighbors and you have a recipe for panic.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: feldercarb
Here is something to think about. The virus has already mutated and we now have two strains of the virus. That was with a small population of the world infected. What is the chance that there will be more mutations once a significantly higher portion of the world population is infected? Will these new mutations be more deadly? Will they be able to cope with the human immune system? The more people infected can result in an increased risk that this virus will mutate into something more deadly for all and also have the ability to evade our immune system.

My big question is that: Does the human immune system normally destroy all virus particles or can some virus particles hid within our bodies? I really haven't heard much about this. Do people that have recovered shown lower titers of the virus particle? How low can the current test accurately detect the virus?

Some people are still testing positive over 30 days past recovery, so they stay quarantined till a double negative.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

For this reason.

Most of us won't die. Most of us will only get mildly ill. The thing is that most of us will get sick. And even if only 20% of us get sick enough to need medical support to survive, that's a lot of people needing a hospital bed.

Ordinarily, with other diseases that are like this ... like seasonal flu. There is a reasonable degree of herd immunity. So the disease can't spread through the population like wildfire. It trickles through the country slowly and never infects and sickens enough people at any one time that there are not enough hospital beds to go around for those who need them.

Even though this disease will sicken people in similar proportions and degrees to a seasonal flu, there is no herd immunity at all meaning almost all of us will get it, and we could all get it at the same time within a few weeks or a couple months. That means everyone who needs those hospital beds, even if it's just a small proportion of the population, will need them all at once, and that overwhelms the system leaving people who need it without medical care. That's when people die who don't need to and you end up with piles of bodies like you see in Iran.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thus, the virus can stay a long time in the human body after symptoms have abated. This is a recipe for diaster because people will not know that they are still potentially infectious.

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: feldercarb

Some people are still testing positive over 30 days past recovery, so they stay quarantined till a double negative.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It's going to take enough Americans thinking for themselves, and becoming angry over the HOAX that the Mainstream Media started and continues to push.

What does President Trump call the MSM? Fake News, right? And yet he blocks all travel from Europe. When is the last time that happened? FTM, when is the last time you saw China putting more than a hundred million people in quarantine ... to the extent of welding bars onto the doors of people's houses to keep them inside?

Less than 1% of the Covid-19 cases in this country require hospitalization, and only 51 people have died since January 21st.

Maybe one of the links in this PSA will help you see things a bit more clearly. I highly encourage you to read this sourced OP thoroughly. Click the links. There's a real good one in there on how certain leaders are failing and how they could better succeed. Eye opening stuff.

Link

Cheers!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join