It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super-rich adopt bunker mentality amid coronavirus crisis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
So...Bill Gates just stepped down:

qz.com...

:O

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
I've been hearing for years about super-rich types preparing for The End

Well, I suppose this means that either what you have been hearing was not true (if it was they already had the bunkers) or what they say in that article is not true.

To me it looks like someone trying to get more money from people in a panic situation.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: ElGoobero
I've been hearing for years about super-rich types preparing for The End

Well, I suppose this means that either what you have been hearing was not true (if it was they already had the bunkers) or what they say in that article is not true.

To me it looks like someone trying to get more money from people in a panic situation.

like the Russian in 2012, they've had their bunkers prepared while they lived it up in the real world. now that the sky is falling they're sheltering. as planned.

I don't think this is going to be a world-changing event so I'd have saved my bunker for something more drastic.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Serena Williams, Alexis Ohanian Announce Lengthy Isolation Amid Coronavirus Crisis

They can get enough food and water for years and stay in an isolated million dollar home off into the sunset

Serena Williams and her immediate family are going into a lengthy self-imposed lockdown amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The tennis star announced she’d be spending “the next 6 weeks in solitude” in an Instagram post on Friday. “Being a wife. Being a mom. Cooking. Cleaning. Spring cleaning. Face mask. Makeup tutorials. I’ll let you know how it goes.... stay safe everyone,” she captioned a clip of herself applying makeup.

Of course, they can also just stay in their mansions

It's the peccadillos of the rich
www.huffpost.com...

We can't do that unless one has vacation time or retired even then we still have to contact people.

I think I'll start playing the lottery again

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
rich paying to live in bunkers instead of staying in isolation in their lavish houses.

whats the point in that? might as well isolate with all the home comforts.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

See? We agree on some things. See also: infected medical waste down their vent shafts.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: bakodiver

The worst thing about purchased loyalty is that it can be purchased again at twice the price.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
...And then Prince Prospero had this killer idea of moving all his rich, elite friends into this abbey of his his and to pass the time have a masquerade ball. After welding all the doors shut of course, to keep the unwashed masses and poor sufferers of the RedDeath that was ravaging the lands...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: bakodiver

The worst thing about purchased loyalty is that it can be purchased again at twice the price.

read an article a few years ago
some 'futurist' was speaking to a group of super-rich
and one of the things they asked about was, how do I keep my security people loyal.

edit; linque to story
www.theguardian.com...

Finally, the CEO of a brokerage house explained that he had nearly completed building his own underground bunker system and asked: “How do I maintain authority over my security force after the Event?”

and the s isn't close to hitting the fan yet
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add info/linque

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Yep. Young(ish) guys with the training, mentality and ability to execute the mission VS. old pathetic rich dudes with hot daughters, spacious palatial retreats, fine foods, wines, and other sundries?

At least he is/was smart enough to ask.

You can't buy loyalty. It's the oldest truism in the world.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Plot twist: this is not the End. Not even close. We're just starting.

This sheltering is just another layer or the herd mentality catalysed by the volume of their resources.

Top TPTB are already immune to it, I bet. (hello, CRISPR)

a reply to: ElGoobero

top topics

<< 1   >>

join