It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The airline bloodbath has begun

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

O' Leary probably helped mastermind it when he was at Bilderberg.

Secretive Bilderberg group sets sights on Michael O’Leary
edit on 15-3-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

He's going to get hammered just as hard.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

originally posted by: rickymouse
This will help to curb climate change, mos =t of the flights and Cruise ship tours are not necessities, they are the things we need to cut to cut CO2 emissions. Heating our homes or traveling to work are necessary things in this society.

I would bet that NASA could see how this corona scare curbs the problems with our atmosphere and I would bet they will look at this.

Things we want destroy the environment, not things we really need.

We don’t live to work, we work to live.

Speak for yourself.

I'm year 26 of a career that has allowed me to live life the way I want.

I enjoy the process of going to work. The structure of going to work. The competetive nature of a driven and motivated team.

I guess you could say I live to work.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: AutomateThis1

So, I know that there are pilots looking for planes to fly. I have a few buddies who fly private charters, and they're still doing rather decent.

Flying the ultra rich to their hideaway bunkers.

relevant thread in re; elites going to their bunkers
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Zaphod58 wrote:

Even without bonuses airlines have never been wildly profitable. There are far too many factors that hit them hard that are out of their control. Fuel prices are a big one. Delta tried buying their own fuel refinery in 2012, and by last year they were trying to sell it.

fuel was killing the airlines ten years ago. now its cheap so Delta is washing its hands of.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add content

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Still planning on going to Mexico in May and got $180 off each of my tickets so far. I'm also taking like 6 of us to Hawaii in the fall and I'm sure I'll get reduced prices on that too.

edit on 15-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
12 people on my flight tomorrow to Columbus on an aircraft that holds 50.

Wusses.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I believe it's Alitalia, but I don't remember for certain, but when their volume is low enough, they're spacing passengers out in the cabin beyond the "minimum safe distance" for spreading the virus. If the volume is high enough (yeah right), then they are requiring masks.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
On an interesting and fun note, Air Tahiti Nui is running the world's longest domestic flight today. It left Pape'ete and is landing in Paris. Normally the flight stops at LAX for fuel and passengers, but because of the virus they're going nonstop today. It comes down to a 16.5 hour domestic flight.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
On an interesting and fun note, Air Tahiti Nui is running the world's longest domestic flight today. It left Pape'ete and is landing in Paris. Normally the flight stops at LAX for fuel and passengers, but because of the virus they're going nonstop today. It comes down to a 16.5 hour domestic flight.

not to pick the nit but perhaps you mean longest CONTINUOUS flight.
or is Tahiti part of La Belle France?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

No, Pape'ete is French Polynesia. It's their only overseas country and is technically part of France.
edit on 3/15/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
SAS is laying off 90% of its workforce, and British sent out 90 day notices, and are expected to reduce their workforce by 1900.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

He's going to get hammered just as hard.

That may well be the case my friend but interesting that he's stepped down as CEO.

CEO of Ryanair steps down from role

Also interesting that, in the last month, the Major CEOs of Disney, Mastercard, Lbrands, Uber eats, Hulu, MGM, LinkedIn and IBM have also stepped down.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

He stepped down as CEO of the airline to take a better position the new holding group that the airline is part of. That's hardly shocking that he'd do that.

The CEO of L Brands had been there almost 60 years. Many of these that are stepping down had been there 10-15 years. That's a long run for CEO, depending on the company and atmosphere.
edit on 3/16/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This is going to be so much worse than even I thought. Virgin Atlantic is asking employees to take 8 weeks of unpaid leave over the next three months.

United is increasing their cuts to 50% of routes.

Air New Zealand announced cuts of 85% and 30% of its workforce in the coming months. They'll operate just enough flights to keep trade corridors open.

Qantas is cutting at least 25% over the next 6 months.

Japan Airlines cut an additional 1400 domestic flights due to annual events being delayed or canceled. That puts them at 3,000.

ANA is at over 2200 flights cut.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Buckle up because that's just the beginning.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Yeah, I was so wrong on how bad this was going to get. I wouldn't be shocked if multiple large airlines fail before it's over, and others only make it because of bailouts.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
RyanAir is cutting 80%, and is considering a full grounding.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

oooh, you had me until I saw all those Fake News references. I tap out.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Ok, don't believe it because you don't like a source. Good luck finding a flight anywhere if you need one, and have fun with your head buried in the sand.
edit on 3/16/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Airlines are heavily leveraged compared to most businesses, and they run on narrow margins. They need revenue (cash flow) for debt service. They are unusually vulnerable to outside influences. This should not be a surprise.

It's like a mom and pop diner in Chicago right now. How do they pay employees, rent, and loan payments with no volume?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join