It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a rethink of the N19COVID " threat radius " of an infected patient

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
by " threat radius " - i mean the distance at which exhaled or sneezed virus contaminated dropletets pose a threat to adjecent individuals

the reason for this thinking - is while ridying my mountain bike down a pedestrian gynall - i observed a gentleman with some sort of vape // electronic cigarete thing

and the visible cloud of fumes was HUGUE - > 2.5m across - extending over 1.5m above his head - and 4 m behind

i initially thought i had some problem - and his " thing " had sponteneously combusted - and he might need assistance getting medical attention

but no - he thought he was fine - and appologied

but his toxic cloud smelt of licourice - and was noticable - > 4m away - i dont smoke - my only " good trait "

i am not scared of possible N19COVID infection from him - but if he could produce such a vast " miasma " - of detectable licourice fumes

how big a could of infectious droplets could an carrier emmit ?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The virus is spread via “droplets”, which are far larger than an “aerosol”.

The vape cloud you saw was an aerosol.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

From the newest info I read on this virus, it is airborn, it can float in the air by itself for a couple of hours in a semi-dry state. not that many viruses have that ability. That is the reason they think it is spreading so fast.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

what is the minimum droplet size ??

i guess is the question i should / meant to ask in OP

i has no idea whats in the filthy penis subsitues these people suck on

but i surmise one ingredient is some synthetic long chain VOC that my brain interprets as " licourice "

it was cold enough this morning for my breath to condense - when i sorted the bins out at stupid o clock

and for amusement i blew a big cloud - would the enture visible cload be a N19COVID threat - if i was infected ?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
by " threat radius " - i mean the distance at which exhaled or sneezed virus contaminated dropletets pose a threat to adjecent individuals

the reason for this thinking - is while ridying my mountain bike down a pedestrian gynall - i observed a gentleman with some sort of vape // electronic cigarete thing

and the visible cloud of fumes was HUGUE - > 2.5m across - extending over 1.5m above his head - and 4 m behind

i initially thought i had some problem - and his " thing " had sponteneously combusted - and he might need assistance getting medical attention

but no - he thought he was fine - and appologied

but his toxic cloud smelt of licourice - and was noticable - > 4m away - i dont smoke - my only " good trait "

i am not scared of possible N19COVID infection from him - but if he could produce such a vast " miasma " - of detectable licourice fumes

how big a could of infectious droplets could an carrier emmit ?

You sound like such a delicate snowflake...

Christ, some of you people will call Covid a hoax, but act like someone vaping is killing you.

This place amazes me more every day...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

From the newest info I read on this virus, it is airborn, it can float in the air by itself for a couple of hours in a semi-dry state. not that many viruses have that ability. That is the reason they think it is spreading so fast.

On further consideration, the OP brings up a rather disturbing thought:

Even if COVID-19, in its natural state, is not spread via aerosols, but can spread via expelled droplets,

Could the virus be spread by a highly concentrated aerosol as is generated when a person using a vape device exhales a dose?

In other words, if an otherwise asymptomatic carrier of the virus uses a vape device, will the virus be able to “hitch a ride” on the particulate components of the exhaled “smoke”, thus increasing the potential area of viral contamination? Perhaps to the extent that a “non-airborne” disease becomes “artificially aerosolized”.

Is that even possible?
edit on 14-3-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

On further consideration, the OP brings up a rather disturbing thought:

Even if COVID-19, in its natural state, is not spread via aerosols, but can spread via expelled droplets,

Could the virus be spread by a highly concentrated aerosol as is generated when a person using a vape device exhales a dose?

In other words, if an otherwise asymptomatic carrier of the virus uses a vape device, will the virus be able to “hitch a ride” on the particulate components of the exhaled “smoke”, thus increasing the potential area of viral contamination? Perhaps to the extent that a “non-airborne” disease becomes “artificially aerosolized”.

Is that even possible?

Depending on the type of liquid used. I think propylene glycol would kill the viruses, I hate the crap but I know the properties of this chemical.

It got me interested, so I looked it up. www.electroniccigarettesreviews.net... Here is another one....www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Like I said, I do not like propylene glycol, I have had some bad effects with it in shampoo. I smoke, but do not get tobacco containing it, I get a natural version and before I smoked Winstons which is a natural product, no added propylene glycol. Never could smoke those with it in it.

So, I would say that the risk of catching it from anyone vaping would be low. But propylene glycol is not the only vaping liquid used.

edit on 14-3-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Bruh.

Someone that knows about a topic before posting. I thought you were an extinct species on here. *Claps*

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Propylene Glycol is an antimicrobial that kills almost every tested bacterium and influenza virus we've tried on it.

And the other chemicals are vegetable glycerin, food grade flavoring, and sometimes nicotine. A lot of vapers use 0% nic.

Dude.

#ing bravo.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

And look into 100% VG juice if you are PG allergic. Get off the smokey sticks. ❤

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It would be a nightmare if it spreads by fart gas.

Seriously some dudes at the gym waffle that protein shake fart gas clear across the gym.i.e me. Haha

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
It would be a nightmare if it spreads by fart gas.

Seriously some dudes at the gym waffle that protein shake fart gas clear across the gym.i.e me. Haha

SARS-COV2 survives for 5 days in fecal samples.

So.....

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I think from now on when I ride my motorbike to the shop I will leave my helmet on with the visor down, my scarf firmly covering my mouth and nose. You don't need to talk just get the goods scanned, pay with a card, take riding gear off leave with the bike and wash hands. Hopefully the ride home will blow any suspect particles off the bike and person. Like a great dilution.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo

And look into 100% VG juice if you are PG allergic. Get off the smokey sticks. ❤

It costs me a buck a pack to roll my own with a decent quality tobacco that I use. I only smoke about half of the cigarette, and about ten halfs a day when I drink coffee. Fifty cents a day, thirty days a month, that is around fifteen bucks a month. I tried out a couple of the vapes when my daughter had them, only one was pg. I did not like the other either. I smoke for the Beta carbolines, not the nicotine. The nicotine is an antidote to the methyl in the coffee, but that is not why I smoke, I could take a nicotinic acid supplement to get that if I wanted that buzz and antidote, B-carbolines more or less get you a little high and stem your interests and creativity.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
some scumbag was coughing, and spitting constantly into the garbage at the gym. i had to skip leg press over it.

i have seen this a few times at the gym. especially on a cardio machine. i see people coughing. i had to stop and move a few times. but i always have done it, this is nothing new, i always walk away from idiots coughing outloud like 'look at me i do not care about anyone...'

but the fact he did it today, and this guy was not stopping, he was for sure sick, because every 3 minutes, he would walk over to the garbage to spew.

total scumbag.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo
The OP didn't say anything about vaping killing him. The cloud just made him think about how far a virus can travel on an invisible droplet from a sneeze or a cough.

The vape cloud was just a visible mist that brought that idea into his mind.

edit on 14-3-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join