It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the tesco report - UK supermarket

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

They do that in the city and towns now with the bouncers on the doors.

If you are a bawsack at one pub/club and have to be shown the door or paped out.

They just circulate your picture to the other establishments and that way they idiots that refuse to share their crayons have to go home in disgrace or end up in a gaol cell.

Who the hell tries to prise a packet of Pasta out an old woman's hands through???!!!

That's just wrong on so many levels.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
what a difference 3 days makes :

my local tesco looks decidedly ravaged

fresh meats - massive stortages - ad limit 2 items // customer

toilet paper - zero

bread - massive shortages

potatos - massive shortages

milk [ fresh ] - < 50% stock

" instant rice " - the stuff you can do in a microwave - cooked in its own bag - limits 2 // customer

canned lager - massive shortages

water - massive shortages

long life milk - zero

tinned vegatables - < 50% stock

cheeses - loads - almost full shrelves

jam // peanut butter etc - > 80% stock

breakfast cereals - wheatabix , porride , cornflakes etc - massive shortages

tinned fruit - limit 2 // customer

appologies ATS - i forgot to take a notebook - or my phone - so thats all i can remember

but meh -

i now has a bottle of wine , a sandwitch [ cos £2.50 reduced to 63 pence - and i is out tommorrow n errands , one box of grapes - cos 75% price reduction - one loaf of delicatesan bread - cos 75% price reduction - onwe block of stilton - cos broccili and stilton soup - i needs to eat up some of the fresh vegin fridge , i pack mushrooms - cos i use shrooms with almost everything - and thats it - entertained my self - looking at other peoples trolleys contents

next week may get very interesting

edit on 16-3-2020 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Who the hell tries to prise a packet of Pasta out an old woman's hands through???!!!

Pond life!
Pure oxygen thief.

I understand people wanting to have a little bit extra but this is just ridiculous.

The thing is, we spread stories like this that show people in a very bad light but there has been an outbreak of community spirit with people getting together and trying to help each other and with particular emphasis on the aged, infirm and vulnerable.

These stories show that all is not lost and that there is hope for the future and that this country hasn't gone completely down the pan.

edit on 16/3/20 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
My local Tesco, a hotbed of Zombie types during normal times, has witnessed a purchasing frenzy. Everything possible that you could think of during a forthcoming apocolypse has been sold out.

No bread, toilet roll, canned food, even poultry and cereal, rice and pasta...all gone. Today witnessed a young woman scooping up the last of the rolls and tortillas with a panicked look upon her face.

Absolute madness, almost the only things left are Easter eggs lol. Dont know why but there must be a moral to that story.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AmmoniaMudhemp

easter eggs = foojk scam

as long as i can buy lindt choc bars [ 100gms - 70% Coaco ] -= ia is fine

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
today - delicatesen counter and fish counter = closed

more shortages - and more limits of number of items

the " new development " - cockwombles at the checkouts

apparently the peasants have been revolting - with temper tantrums and swearing

now there are signs demanding civilised behavious - and threatening sanctions

this area is SUPPOSED to be quite posh - i is just an outlier

but as always - i find that people and places that have the most civilised and respectable appearence - the veneer of civility is often the thinest

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I still can’t understand this. By that i mean the pure savages of human society who feel the need to stockpile and cause this mayhem. Because now my family is short of normal items — as we don’t ‘panic buy’; we buy as and when we need stuff in our normal weekly or bi monthly shop.

And as I refused to get sucked up into these needless panic mode many others have let themselves be consumed with, I can’t find toilet rolls, paracetamol or even normal, f*cking bars of soap!

I’m down south (UK) Surrey way. Shops are now rationing things, which I fully understand, but i reckon the same panic-stricken people are queueing up each morning buying more and more of the essentials, depriving the rest of us normal people.

WHat gets me is — what the f**k are they thinking?? This *ISNT* WW3 or the Zombie Apocolypse. It’s a, albeit more nasty, version of the flu. But let’s say one of these savages gets it, or their family get it. And let’s assume they are part of normal, non-high risk categorised persons. They aren’t going to die. They will get sick for what, a week? Maybe 2 at most where they cannot actually go out?

Gah. Drives me mental. But because I refuse(d) to get suckered into this media-driven retard mentality, I, and many others like me, are the ones suffering.

edit on 18-3-2020 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm in Norwich, and now working from home, but we're not self isolating. the wife went to morrisons earlier, and the same as others ahve said, certain things are out of stock, but others, odly are not. Fresh fruit and veg seemed ok, and from what others ahve said, tuna, tinned toms, kidney beans, beans pasta and rice have all mostly gone, which to me shows that we're not longer a nation that can cook different things and feed ourselves on anything other than convenience foods. sad really. lots of easter eggs still available. My wife is planning on cooking hot dog fajitas!
The thing is, until we are actually ill, and self isolating, we won't need to use the two week ration food, we can still go get normal shopping, if there's anything left.
certainly growing your own veg and salad is a good idea.
we make our own bread, in a bread maker, and we couldn't buy any bread flour, or bread yeast.
but then the local whole food, zero carbon, zero waste, place that sells stuff in bulk, bring your own bags, etc still is fully stocked with most stuff.
I hear that pen is pasta is still available in Anne Summers, if you're desperate

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
And as I refused to get sucked up into these needless panic mode many others have let themselves be consumed with, I can’t find toilet rolls, paracetamol or even normal, f*cking bars of soap!

I’m down south (UK) Surrey way. Shops are now rationing things, which I fully understand, but i reckon the same panic-stricken people are queueing up each morning buying more and more of the essentials, depriving the rest of us normal people.

WHat gets me is — what the f**k are they thinking?? This *ISNT* WW3 or the Zombie Apocolypse. It’s a, albeit more nasty, version of the flu. But let’s say one of these savages gets it, or their family get it. And let’s assume they are part of normal, non-high risk categorised persons. They aren’t going to die. They will get sick for what, a week? Maybe 2 at most where they cannot actually go out?

Gah. Drives me mental. But because I refuse(d) to get suckered into this media-driven retard mentality, I, and many others like me, are the ones suffering.

Haha that's exactly what I've been saying, had this been a WW3 or Zombie Apocalypse then yes, please god by all means stockpile anything and everything that you can.

This is the 21st century, you can order food straight to your house via phone or the internet. You could order a weeks worth of groceries online from Tesco and Morrisons. Why the **** do you need to stockpile unless you are actually hiding in a doomsday bunker? (some families definitely are)

I will eat whatever is available, preferably what I eat depends on certain cravings that day. Do I want KFC or McDonalds? Should I cook a Roast dinner or a full English, Shall I eat Spaghetti Bolognese or Chicken Korma and rice? f*** you stockpilers if I can't eat what I want that day!

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
5 days on from my 1st post.
The apocalypse has arrived.
No Bread, UHT Milk, Toilet Roll, Pasta, Pot Noodles, Chicken and Frozen Pizza.
Plenty of Beer, Wine, Steak, Vit C tablets, Paracetamol, Lemsip etc. Dog/Cat food is looking a bit depleted but still plenty left.

I'm stocked up on Beer, Wine, Tobacco and dog food. Only the essentials.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

Dog/Cat food is looking a bit depleted but still plenty left.

dammed - i forgot to report this

yup - our tesco - and lidl // aldi // netto

all have lots of pet foods

have the peasants already taken the descistion to abandon tiddle and rover - plus gordon the hampster ?????????????

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Wait till they are buying the pet foods for themselves.

Which is not beyond the realms of possibility, should people keep on panic buying, and the supply chains dry up or at least are severely retarded down to border closures or personnel shortages.
edit on 18-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
One thing I noticed, lots of protein powders left in most shops.

I have plenty at home, 30g and some water will keep you going while waiting on some real food if things get bad.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Looks like they've given up on the pets.
Personally my Spider has plenty of crickets and the snake has about a months worth of mice.
The dog has a couple of boxes of food + Dry food if desperate.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

feed your neighbours to yourr pets

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The panic buying was obviously going to happen which is why many on these boards were advising weeks ago to get more supplies in before the masses started panic buying.

Sure you can order food for delivery but the next available slots are already 4-5 weeks ahead fully booked.

Yes the shops have food now but with borders closed, factories closing, delivery drivers getting sick, haulage firms closing laying off staff how much longer will they?

Don't blame the panicked masses because you chose not to be prepared (assuming you had some extra funds available)

Harsh but i think fair.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

i actually did that at a job i was on - we had a 3 day induction - that treated us like children - and the " training " and company hand book went into such levels of mineutea and micro managment - that it was painfull

so - then i read a sub section :

clothing and PPE required [ for a chemical handling task ] - that stated :

only gauntlest [ specified ] and face sheild [ speecified] are required clothing and PPE

i know what to do

i manager saw the funny side

the rest wanted my sacked for gross miscounduct

i quoted the hand book - which at multiple other points - said that normal work clothes were acceptable for tasks - and specified flat sole trainers - as munimum several times - with obvious requirements for wellingtons with acid resistance - and saftey boots with armoured toe boxes for material handling

the matter was discussed at the board room - i tendered my resignation when they didnt sack me

it was that kind of job

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Just thought add my views after working this week

I am a Tesco lorry driver. All this week each day I have worked no less than 11 hours a day, two days this week I have done 12 hour shifts. I start at 2pm so the time I get home and settled and ready to sleep it’s usually about 4am. Every story I’ve gone to has been blitzed. Gear is coming off my trailer and going straight to the shop floor. Tonight/tomorrow I’ll be queuing up at my local store as they are allowing NHS staff and employees to enter earlier so they can get a chance to get a few items

Not just Tesco, you have shop workers filling the shelves and dealing with abuse, you have warehouse staff and you have the likes me delivering the goods all working shift work and cannot get to the stores in time to get anything. As I stated this week I’ve gone to bed at 4am, as a driver I need my rest I cannot get up at 6am to fight the greedy bast***s that have probably been hoarding food and other goods all week every morning. Now that shops are closed of a night I can’t even go into a shop and get anything after work, when I wake up around 11am the shops are already empty

It’s going to be interesting tomorrow to see if there is any unruly behaviour due to ordinary shoppers seeing people get let into the shop earlier than they are.

Earlier this week I had to delivery to a small shop in a largish village. They had to close the shop to allow me to delivery the stock and yet people still weren’t happy.

Not to blow my own trumpet but if us drivers (and along with other retail staff) decided to not come to work NO ONE would get anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join