It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the tesco report - UK supermarket

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
hi - as i visit tesco everyday - for fruit // veg etc etc

i has watched the shortages unfold - and now after the bog roll rush - it would seem that the plebs have realised that they need food too - otherwise 3 days food and 65 weeks supply of bog roll - is going to end badly

so - today - yup - they have actually started to deplete usefull items too

long life milk - empty

pasta - empty

rice - 50% stock - go figure

baked beans - almost gone - this is going to have climate implications

porridge oats - no impact

timmed meats - 80% stock - wow

tinned fruit - 75 % stock

dried fruit - negligable

i am unsure on fresh meat - as i use a real butcher and fishmonger - but i would guess - little impact - my tesco regularly has holes in the stock of one product - ie - no mince lamb - but stacks of lamb steaks and beef mince

so i cannot tell if people are stacking freezers full

thats all i can remember - will take pen andnote pad next time

but yeah - the general pubic have realised that a food reserve = a good idea - exact implimentation seems" strange "

but given the turn of events - i shall have to audit my own prep on monday

updates will follow - i am ribble vally [ NW england ]

other UK observations welcome - and comments from anyone

BUT - please dont post the situation in walmart - @ las vegas nevada - it wont help much

start a US thread - that goes for other nations too

edit on 13-3-2020 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
South West here.
No short of anything. Sainsburys and Morrisons fully stocked.
Lack of tourists maybe the only shortage. (Not a bad thing).

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I was in Tesco today in North Wales.

Serious bog roll shortage! I ended up buying baby wipes.
I stayed in a hotel last night and took a couple of rolls from the hotel bathroom

No pasta at all on the shelves, I think that's because there are so many bad cooks out there that a spag bol is all they can think of.

Rice was almost gone, Tuna was sold out.
I think when everyone has done the weekend panic buying its going to get messy tomorrow.

Think I'll stock up on tins of spam, plenty of them left.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Just went to Tesco and noticed the same items shorted.

I am praying that supply chains get rethunk after this to a more local supplier.

It is kinda fascinating ti watch and goes to show what a precarious path we all walk between civility and utter chaos.

I bet many Syrians and Yemenis would agree.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Morrisons been well stocked as usual, no shortage in Manchester as yet of anything I require, got full shelves, maybe its a Tesco ploy to make you bulk buy when they next fill the shelves.
edit on 13-3-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

does this mean we won't be seeing all those Tesco products that have been sprouting up in one of the biggest grocery store chains in the Philippines? must admit their version of cornflakes isn't too bad

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Everything’s fine up here in Scotland. Went to Tesco and Morrison’s for the weekly shop, plenty of things in both. The toilet roll aisle was a bit emptier, still plenty left.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I have a theory that peak "panic buying" will be a temporary phase, becuase once people have got "full stocks of everything" they won't need to buy anything more for a while. Though there might be a longer plateau at a lower level, as those who were not bothered originally decide they ought to join the band-wagon. Panic-buying is really motivated by fear of the effects of other people's panic-buying, so they're going to go for whatever everybody else is going for.

This theory may be borne out by my experience in Morrisons today (Lincolnshire). The only significant empty shelving was the middle quarter or third of a very long toilet-paper segment. This suggests to me that the panic-buying has come and gone and re-stocking has been under way.

P.S. Meanwhile, many of us have been finding that smaller shops are unaffected because nobody has been invading them.

edit on 13-3-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I was in ASDA on Wednesday and a load of the shelves was empty.

Not any toilet paper, soap, or sanitizer to be found.

The tinned soup, pasta, and meat aisles were running low as well.

And yet the local stores and corner shops are still stocked rather well.

So not fine, certainly not normal, considering every Tom Dick and Harry are panic buying bullcrap.
edit on 13-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
LMAO, got no sympathy for the stupid, it was bound to happen eventually whether you like it or not, so far i recon i have a good few months worth of food for my family along with n95s and other PPE were ready to self isolate with popcorn and DVDs till summer time

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I did my weekly shop in Tesco yesterday.

Toilet rolls were almost gone
Hand wash was all gone (except the expensive stuff)
Long life milk was gone which I normally get.

Other than that, everything else seemed to be fine. It was a little busier than usual, but nobody was in a panic or racing to get certain items.

edit on Fri, 13 Mar 2020 16:15:39 -0500042032020000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Where's the TP report?

And what the hell is "long life milk"?
edit on 3/13/2020 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ridiculous. How many convenience/Grocery stores does one pass during their daily commute, don't tell me there is a shortage of food or toilet paper!
It's not a nuclear holocaust! production of these items still continue and are always being stocked! stop panic buying

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Not

every Tom Dick and Harry are panic buying bullcrap.
as where I live, there’s still plenty on the shelves of Tesco, Morrison’s, Asda, LIDL and Aldi.

Maybe this place just has more sense and less “let’s buy everything we need for a year, even though most of it will perish before the year ends” mentality.
edit on 1332020 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I sometimes do home delivery with Tesco, and got this email earlier:

We understand what a worrying time this is, so we want to make sure that essentials are available to as many customers as possible, and that we can keep delivering to you safely. We’re also working with Public Health England to get their latest advice, so we can prepare for any further developments.

Grocery buying limits
To help everyone have access to the essentials, we may put some common-sense buying limits on certain products - you’ll be able to see buying limits on the individual product pages. We’ll do our best to keep shelves stocked up but at times, we may have low or no availability of some items. Of course, where possible, we’ll pick a suitable substitute for you which you can choose to keep or ask your driver to take back.

Booking a delivery slot
As there may be more customers than normal booking deliveries, you may find that there aren’t as many slots available, so it’s a good idea to try and book further ahead. Don’t forget, you can make amends to your order up until 11.45pm on the day before your delivery.

If you’re a Delivery Saver customer on a paid plan, we’ll still be opening priority Easter slots on Monday 16 March. But demand for slots will be exceptionally high, so please book your slots as early as you can.

Deliveries and advice if you are self-isolating
We want to deliver to you as safely as possible, so please let us know if you’re in self-isolation by telling us in the delivery instructions box when you order online. To be on the safe side, our drivers will be asking everyone they deliver to if they’re self-isolating, so please don’t be offended if you’re asked. Following the Government’s advice on preventing the spread of COVID-19, if you’re self-isolating, your driver won’t be able to come into your home. But to help make things easier, although we have a bagless policy, we’ll provide clean shopping bags which your driver will use to pack your shopping for you at your door. Lastly, to avoid having to touch our signature touchpad devices, your driver will ask if you’re happy with everything and then sign the order for you. We hope that this information has been helpful and we’ll do our best to keep your online shopping experience as smooth as possible.

Zoe Evans UK Customer Engagement Centre

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
And what the hell is "long life milk"?

it's milk that does not need to be refrigerated. which is almost the only other than powdered milk available here (and when you can find actual fresh milk, generally imported, it costs almost $5/L). it is great since it does not need to be kept cold until opened. after opening it will last about 7 days in a ref.

have to admit, that is one Tesco marked product i haven't seen. best one i have found is Devondale 100% Pure Full Cream, it tastes almost like fresh milk does.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Lincolnshire here too. Went to Mozzas today just for the usual weekly shop - it was like Christmas on steroids.

Nearly ditched my trolley it was that bad!

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
my local tesco has only begun to show signs of mass purchasing in the last couple of days. cleaning products, loo roll becoming noticably depleted. i am popping down again tomorrow - shall post an update here when i return

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Considering a load of the stuff they are purchasing is not exactly of a perishable nature, or is able to be frozen, i doubt it will go bad before being used.

Where people live has little to do with the human herd mentality all the same.

Far as I'm aware one's postcode doesn't have much to do with average intelligence across the nation.

People are just panic buying because they don't know what's in store next week, quite literally.

End of the day it may be rather silly but Tesco, Morrison’s, Asda, LIDL and Aldi will be rubbing their hands together with glee, and as long as they manage to restock the items for the next round of sheeple that is.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Dipsh*ts panic and buy TP. The rest of us carry on, business as usual.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join