It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
London marathon now been postponed from April and rearranged for 4 October because of the coronavirus outbreak.

Only a matter of time before they decide to postpone the Olympics.

link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: tanstaafl
You are 100% right, I remember it now too

He said it was the Democrats ''new hoax''

ugh, edited. *slaps face with a fish*

Thanks! It is admittedly really hard to distinguish fact from fiction in this mess of a world we live in.

link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I think you all need to calm down.

So far, the common cold and flu have produced more deaths than anything the coronovirus has done, FACT.

The Trump admins response is basically mirroring this FACT.

I think you all are buying more into the fear mongering, don't y'all have TP to buy?

Nothing about this has changed my life, at all. HEB is still stocked with TP and waters, people are still out and about, buying and selling.

A few days to a couple of weeks won't solve crap and deciding beyond those simple measures will be glorious when the all clear to get back to work is sounded.

Wash your hands, stay away from super large gatherings and continue on with your business.

Maybe not where you're at, but in NYC I can honestly says its completely different. This won't be resolved in a couple of weeks this is long term [9 months- year], and this will probably become the new flu.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Italy +2547 new cases and +250 new deaths...
www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

I think you all need to calm down.

So far, the common cold and flu have produced more deaths than anything the coronovirus has done, FACT.

The Trump admins response is basically mirroring this FACT.

I think you all are buying more into the fear mongering, don't y'all have TP to buy?

Nothing about this has changed my life, at all. HEB is still stocked with TP and waters, people are still out and about, buying and selling.

A few days to a couple of weeks won't solve crap and deciding beyond those simple measures will be glorious when the all clear to get back to work is sounded.

Wash your hands, stay away from super large gatherings and continue on with your business.

Yeah.. I remember back when all major league sports were canceled and 100+ schools shut their doors as well. That was a wild time..

Fortunate for you to not have felt any of the affects yet. I'm losing a lot of business at work due to this. I'm starting to feel it financially.
DRAMA, literally DRAMA.

You know why the NBA initially shutdown? One player. One player tested positive and thus he and his teamates were to be quarantine, thus basically killing off the season ANYWAYS as a result of one team out, so what to do? Cancelled.

Many of the cancellations are the result of onsie and twosies, an don't forget, the fear mongering.

You know what? FIESTA got cancelled, not because of any one case, but out of FEAR.

So yes, continue to live in fear.

Plus, many of my UBER bros are raking in cash, for a supposed scary and virulent virus, people have increased their takeouts, lmfao.

Stop being scared and save your cash of you're strapped dude.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I have followed this thread from the get go and I am very grateful for all of the information and advice. I did my own research to verify what I was reading. I tried to educate the family but like most was laughed at.
I prepared for all of us as well even if there was huge headwind.
I told them I really hoped they would laugh for years about the year I went crazy.The worst that would happen would be that we would have to find creative ways to eat all of this.
Oddly it felt just like Noah and the arc. Preparing for impending disaster. We were warned.
I had a huge learning curve and I really worked at it but still the epic fails such as being in ER and wearing the face mask upside down and backwards. Lol. They were kind and taught me how to wear it but just that alone showed me not to be over confident.
We are still working on a family plan and that is much harder then it seems to be. I would love some suggestions.
I have the supplies but what if I become ill? How do others come and get supplies without making them ill as well.
I would love some suggestions.

link   
a reply to: dainfamusgc

Long term, like 9 months? Is that off the top of your head? Economic suicide with those spitnall figures, you're wealthy to weather all that time lost?

link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Who said they were scared? I missed that because I didn't.

Isn't that how it typically starts??? oneies twosie etc etc?

edit on 13-3-2020 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

link   

Nothing about this has changed my life, at all.

Actually, it has lit a fire under me to get myself as healthy as possible, rearrange some of my affairs, and just all around get much more organized (mostly with respect to my parents situation).

I'm also hoping this will serve to be the final nail in the Globalist agenda, where the USA and other nations get even more Nationalist about taking care of their own, and stop outsourcing everything to cheap labor markets.

There are better ways to help lift the poor in 3rd world countries than destroying our own.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
Based on the decision made by Great Britain about postponing elections for a year will probably become the norm across the world. How can any real election such as the one in the U.S. be held when candidates cannot campaign, people cannot attend any political rally or gather in any large groups. How can people even vote in person when there is supposed to be social distancing?
If it is not delayed then we are really at the mercy of media telling us what to think.
Whoever controls the media will control the narrative.
This is a huge threat that comes with this corona virus.

Cancelling is becoming the new normal. Frankly in my opinion the local elections ar next to pointless and have pathetic turnout so not worth risking a dose of coronavirus over.
What is crazy is these decisions being left up to businesses and groups rather than the govt who apparently want herd immunity. Shocking.

In more local news the first official case in my home town has been announced. A small city of around 250k people. No details yet but the shop I popped in on the way home earlier was heaving. There was plenty of most things left but there were people rapidly restocking in every aisle and queues halfway through the aisles too.

I wonder if some of the people laughing at me locally will join the other asking for places to find info now...

www.plymouthherald.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Nothing about this has changed my life, at all.

Actually, it has lit a fire under me to get myself as healthy as possible, rearrange some of my affairs, and just all around get much more organized (mostly with respect to my parents situation).

I'm also hoping this will serve to be the final nail in the Globalist agenda, where the USA and other nations get even more Nationalist about taking care of their own, and stop outsourcing everything to cheap labor markets.

There are better ways to help lift the poor in 3rd world countries than destroying our own.
I completely agree with you, seriously.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Lasix is used sometimes to treat high blood pressure. It's a diuretic, but it's also considered 'anti-bleeding.'

In the U.S, it's given to race horses before racing to prevent hemorrhage in their lungs.

I've been wondering if it's helpful, at all, in treating COVID-19.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Anyone have the timeline of Trumps response to CV? First case in US confirmed on January 21, what was the response by POTUS after this. How long did it take?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Who said they were scared? I missed that because I didn't.

Isn't that how it typically starts??? oneies twosie etc etc?
Sure and thus, we have the FLU and other illnesses.

Guess what? People are still GETTING SICK, but not from Coronovirus, the world has stopped for Coronovirus, yet it doesn't stop for illnesses with larger death tolls.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Italy +2547 new cases and +250 new deaths...
www.worldometers.info...

I'll ask again...

Is there any site that is keeping up with Italy's stats as far as deaths/critical cases by age and/or underlying conditions groups?

Everything I've read says that 81 being the average age of the dead is still relevant. This is the only thing that I see that explains he anomaly - for some reason, somehow, this thing is spreading like wildfire in their aged population.

We saw the result when it hit the one in Washington State here... devastating.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: malektaus
I agree but there is a serious problem. Equal access to information. I have numerous elderly neighbors who do not even have a laptop and do not know how to access information on it. They may have heard of Youtube but do not have a clue how to access it or be able to differentiate fact form fiction.
This segment of the population have very basic cell phones. There is a huge gap in knowledge on how to use technology.
If elections were to proceed we would have a whole segment in society who would be left out.
Is that the plan?

link   

I get where you're coming from, I really do. However, all the other sicknesses diseases etc have been around for some time, thus we know a hell of a lot more about them. This is different.

link   

Long term, like 9 months? Is that off the top of your head? Economic suicide with those spitnall figures, you're wealthy to weather all that time lost?

I'm wondering how many on here that are yelling about how Trump should have shut down the world's economy in January are retired, and don't have to worry about a job, keeping the money flowing to pay bills, etc...

(post by scraedtosleep removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Which lead credit to the fact that this seems to be fatal for much older people with pre existing conditions.

However, there have been some old folks who recovered, I'll look for the source, it was heard on a morning radio show.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join