It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick reminder: in 2017, the average flu was responsible for 80,000 deaths in the US.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

originally posted by: bismos
a reply to: Jubilation T Cornpone

covid19 has been around for almost four months, not a few weeks. your argument is invalid.

go back four months and tell us how many people in the US had it? Better yet two months. Better yet one month...

I just don't get why people are being so obstinate about it. It's spreading, to the point that it has now been labelled a pandemic.. It's not just someone caught some things.

It's an erratic, unknown, virulent novel virus, and to just say I'll keep going out and doing things I ain't scared... while potentially infected and now spreading it to others, is.. just really ignorant.

Caution. Preparation. Never a bad thing, even without a pandemic.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

originally posted by: bismos
a reply to: Jubilation T Cornpone

covid19 has been around for almost four months, not a few weeks. your argument is invalid.

go back four months and tell us how many people in the US had it? Better yet two months. Better yet one month...

Four months ago there were no COVID-19 cases in the US. Two months ago there was one COVID-19 case (patient zero showed up in Washington state around January 12). One month ago there were 15 cases. Today there are almost 1700. Here is a pointer to an interactive graph that shows COVID-19 cases by date for different Countries:

www.worldometers.info...

It very clearly shows that we are still in the exponential growth phase, with a doubling time of 6 days.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

For greater perspective the flu season lasts only 13 weeks. So if we extrapolated the number of deaths over a 12 month (hypothetical) flu season the total number of deaths would have reached roughly 320,000 in just the US alone.

Right now we are at 16-17 weeks of the Covid-19 virus and total deaths WORLDWIDE are at 13,000.

I'm still trying to understand how exactly the entire planet has come to a halt over this.

Herein lies the danger of the current mainstream media and their non-stop fear mongering.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It's all relative

these facts are just not comparative

The recovery rate being lower than the death rate, is worrisome.

edit on 21-3-2020 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm glad at least some of the media is refocusing attention on the the most deadly contagious virus.

www.fox32chicago.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join