It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth: a Tyrant

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

You can be very unreasonable, Lucidwarrior. Why is it ok for you to frolic in the land of ad hominem?

I think you need to realize that there are always two views to things, by which I mean, Self and Being, Eternity and Time, The Sun and Moon; yes, the underlying reality is being, but Being, as God, is basically the template former, and if you are to engage in the process correctly, you have to map the template in your cognitive, conceptual mind.

Keep in mind, the external world already transcends our bodies, which means it shares a very basic relationship with the ego: they are both transcendental, and thus, both are able to meet upon the same stillness that breathes through the cosmos. The scaffold metaphor is useful here, but it can give one the impression that after the building is erected, we can throw away the scaffold just like the way we do when we build buildings. On the contrary, the scaffold is more like the molecular and structural dynamics of the cell, which leads to the regular control of the genetic components of the cell. That is, the controller - the gene - is itself controlled by the epigenetic mechanisms. The two processes meet at some invisible point between them.

Said otherwise, if feeling, and reasoning, are two sides of the semiotic process, then the true reality is something beyond conceptualization, yet a conceptualization, in both body (as feeling) and mind (as logical symbol), as a corporeal representation of connection-with-world, and a semantic reflection on the organisms-existence-in-the-world, are what hold up that deeper level of awareness.

In fact, shadow or unreal realities, realities borne from trauma that derives from our earliest moments of intersubjective development, are not something that can be outgrown. Indeed, if there is one logical rule of time and reality, it is this: the past cannot be undone. The past and its structure is a necessary constraint on the functioning of the semiotic animal in the present. The logic of their self-organization therefore follows times arrow. It must; the develop of the physical body and its continuity in time necessitates it.

Please so not take this to imply that we cannot grow, because this is not what I mean. I mean that if you have personally been traumatized, then your perception of semiotic realities of a transcendental source - and therefore, of the enigma that is the non-temporal basis of existence - is likely to traumatize you, and your are also likely to become entrained by the semiotics of the 'evil' ones - or memes that move through our sociocultural dynamics that exist as "narratives" of reality that circulate between occultists, mystics, and other spiritual types. Since the experience 'sits' so strongly within the self, its sheer physical dynamism leads to the typical result of making a person dissociated, or depersonalized, from being an individuated self in the world. Complementarity between the spiritual, non-temporal experience of self, and the individuated, temporal self, which forms from realities interactions, is an always, continuous reality. The primary self is attuned to its senses and therefore to reflexive corporeal representations of itself-in-the-world. An occultist, for instance, is the sort of type who cannot discern the difference between 'being glued to-the-world' in a primary feeling sense, and the normative sense where we reflect on ourselves-in-the-world, are both representational processes; that is, the body is 'representing' the geometrodynamical flux of its body-with-the-world; that is, a primary, temporal representation of reality exists in the very body we experience, and therefore this body holds the 'meaning' of our being-in-the-world.

Next is simply to reflect and notice that the honing of this perceptual, affective awareness depended on the perception and deduction of the connection between myself and the world. That is, the lower reality 'supports' the higher reality; self complements, not completely symmetrically, but still sufficiently, the coherent meaning of the world.

This is why understanding reality in the mode of 'other', as 'fundamental other', is such a fundamental precept implied by realities structure: when you can acknowledge the morbid feelings we have and the conceptual confusions it can give rise to - not necessarily in you, but in a person suitably disposed to be taken in by a false narrative - that the breakdown of language, the disparaging of language, and the loss in a sense of a very real importance to things (externally), feelings (in the body) and concepts (in the mind), when operating in a tight circuit, correlate us to the essence of things, which of course, is about a feeling: it is not apocalyptic, or deadened, or denigrating language, or failing to see the complementarity which realities structure literally manifests from the three quarks at the center of a boson to the nucleon/electron relationship which creates every atom, to the structural coupling between a cell and the nutrients (as attractors) and toxins (as repulsors) in its environment, we are in a dance with nature, which is also a dance with ourselves.

The self, an awe, is always the guide; this is where what I term "self", which is an experience-of-a-state-of-self, and hence, qualifies as a self, acts as the framework and template which the mystery of finitude, of form, imposes its life-giving structure.

The Other is thus very Big; it is the physical world itself, the magistrate of the human being. We # ourselves, to put it bluntly, when we resist the truth that the world is God, and God, because the only meaning of life we can have is one which derives from a coherent conceptual attunement to the World, via a conceptual attunement to our bodies. The world thus gives us life, and if we are smart, and not being led by our fears, anxieties, and other attachments, we will just say, I think the world knows best.

Somewhere along here I did mention epigenetics - and if not, I'll talk about it now. Epigenetics is the process by which molecular markers such as methylation and demethylation of histones, DNA guanine methylation, and acetylation of histones, among other processes, make specific DNA sequences 'exposed' to the surrounding gamma wave radiation (which derives from the big bang) and thus causes the cell to mutate in 'random' ways. This process is governed by systematic attachments between organism and its environment; for a cell, if glucose is present, then the glucose is gene is flicked to 'on' by the epigenetic environment (which itself is continuous with the nutrients/toxins in the environment). If glucose is gone, then the cells own intrinsic biodynamism will lead to the spontaneous flipping of an 'on' switch, in which, for instance, the search-for-galactose will click on. If the environment has galactose, good for the cell; if not - and nature always seems to produce nots - it will become naturally 'deselected'. Nature kills, but it kills for the purpose of promoting the most coherent structures.

Now, if we apply this perception of order in the external, physical world, to the way we govern our embodied-relations-with-the-world, and understand the feeling state as a semiotic state, or an 'object' with significance for the mind, then mind, or the observer within, is the third part in a three part relation between body-world (as feeling state), conceptual re

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reflection within ones language-based-semiotics (itself a fundamental network for meaning to form), and the observer within, beyond all structure. We can also add the physical world as an abstract object, as ‘container’, but that would seem to make things too abstract, ignoring the fact that the body reports the authentic importance of this connection. Be that as it may, the physical world, as a visual percept (and audition, tactility, and kinesthesia, offer their own version of it, but with less resolution) informs us that symmetry matters, so we better take our eyes very seriously, because seeing is indeed believing, and what our eyes show us is not a lie, but a metaphor of the eternal truth of things. Symmetry petrifies, or disturbs, those who engage in political games, and subscribe to a dualistic order which is dualistic by virtue of the non-acceptance, or semiotic dissociation, of the orthogonal relationship between feeling as sign, and the reflecting, language based mind as sign. The two cannot be aligned, and thus behavior cannot be effectively guided, without the conceptual clarity, or semiotic pronouncement, that meaning matters; As so: “meaning matters”. The words I use matter, and so, as I convey my feelings to you accurately, its because of my words being useful reporters. It is because the animality of my social body, my feelings, are being properly named and tamed by the right sorts of concepts, by a truthful connection with reality, because my mind is operating along the right constraints.

Anyone who is organized by love is doing that; but the saint, lets say (and this is the only word I can think of; please don’t hold it against me) is a person who is allowing his feelings to be corrected, if necessary, by reflective processes.

Since the world is always so messy, so unpredictable, so unknown-until-it-happens, we are always needing to adjust, and hence, to invoke the conceptual constraints which keep us aligned with the flow of things. This means the self is always necessary; in fact, it is this experience of selfhood which gives life its meaning – its “selflyness”; it is when we live within the world, knowing our source, and our deepest nature, that the self is working properly, and we can therefore feel the right feelings in the world.

I should add, the person organized by love but without the guidance of reason, or who does not submit himself to the evidence of the physical world itself (as reported by the eyes primarily, but not totally; all senses matter), is a person who becomes bifurcated between acting for the good of the other, and acting for the good of the self despite telling oneself the dissociative fib that they are really acting rightly. Logically speaking, since disagreement exists, it must be that someone is wrong; it needn’t mean, and although its often taken to mean in todays nihilistic world, that everyone is wrong, because there is no conceptual truth. But such a person is a sloppy reasoner, deriving from them having a sloppy connection to their phenomenological experience of being-a-self-in-the-world. Every word in that hyphenated mega word matters. Being, A, Self, etc, refers to a real contributing dimension to the experiences we all have. It is a complex network.

edit on 24-4-2020 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Incredibly beautifully written, op. It is said in the Dhammapada "By oneself evil is done; by oneself one is defiled. By oneself is evil left undone; by oneself one is purified. Purity and impurity depend on oneself. No one purifies another.".

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   
People tend to react adversely to being falsely compared to Hitler^^ but of course you would attempt to pin me under the label of unreasonable for efusing to engage with a flimsy veiling of antagonistic intent. Not that any veils will work, but, effort in appearances is nice you know? And is often the only method that allows for discourse. Not that I don't appreciate the honest representation, mind you.

As if Id buy that someone could fail to grasp the basic concept of op if they took the time to actually read it. Especially someone as verbose as yourself. I mean, you sure talk a lot. Im sure there's something of value in there, but maybe not. Maybe someone can come along and tell me

A reply to: Astrocyte

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Yes, yes! Evil is but a shadow on the heart of minds who know not , one which, ultimately, is easily cast away. The Best part is, evil personified can literally be told the truth of it's own defeat, but would never believe it to be possible.

You can always tell which ones these are because they can't help but persist in their ways even when it betrays them. Which is low-key hilarious.
a reply to: glend

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocyte
Said otherwise, if feeling, and reasoning, are two sides of the semiotic process, then the true reality is something beyond conceptualization, yet a conceptualization, in both body (as feeling) and mind (as logical symbol), as a corporeal representation of connection-with-world, and a semantic reflection on the organisms-existence-in-the-world, are what hold up that deeper level of awareness.

In fact, shadow or unreal realities, realities borne from trauma that derives from our earliest moments of intersubjective development, are not something that can be outgrown. Indeed, if there is one logical rule of time and reality, it is this: the past cannot be undone. The past and its structure is a necessary constraint on the functioning of the semiotic animal in the present. The logic of their self-organization therefore follows times arrow. It must; the develop of the physical body and its continuity in time necessitates it.

Incredibly well articulated, Astrocyte. As always a challenging and insightful read.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
That is a case of someone who is so close to Understanding, yet falls prey due to clinical detachment and the growth of ego inside of it, facilitated by an obvious intelligence, a love for learning, and a genuine desire to understand how things work, coupled with resignation.
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

the true reality may be beyond your conception, Astrocyte, but not mine. Hadn't you ever heard the phrase, no pain, no gain? Just because you don't have the strength to face nonexistence and be purified doesn't mean it's impossible.

Allow me to put it straight: you describe, at first, the method of balance and harmony. And then discard it saying trauma, shadow is king.

Like, bruh, haven't you ever heard of Jung? What about Lacan? Buddha? # mange have you never encountered Bruce Lee's famous words?

But your choice is your choice, and mine is mine^^

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
That is a case of someone who is so close to Understanding, yet falls prey due to clinical detachment and the growth of ego inside of it, facilitated by an obvious intelligence, a love for learning, and a genuine desire to understand how things work, coupled with resignation.

I don't know LucidWarrior, from my perspective, they're simply offering a different perspective to your own. I don't really see the conflict or challenge that you're seeing in that perspective. I don't agree in every point put forth, but I see merit in the exactness with which Astrocyte has constructed the information into a cohesive narrative from which I can extract what is useful to me. The same goes for your OP.

If you choose to stick to the works of long dead philosphers and pscyho-analysts for guidance you do risk missing out on all that we have learnt since then. Jung is terribly dated. And 'be like water' what does that really mean?

Of course, one thing that never gets old, transformationally, is compassion, especially for your 'enemies', as well as yourself.

Either way, sorry, I didn't mean to get in the way of your argument, I was simply quite moved by what Astrocyte had written, and though not necessarily in agreement with the perspective he offered, I found beauty in it's execution. As I did with your OP originally. Not playing any favourites, just enjoying the diversity on offer.

All the best.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

It is not one thing versus the other. It is merging of one thing into the other. So instead of destroying our environment in persuit of materialism. We instead seek to be one with nature. In loving everybody, we still need to nurture the vehicle, that provides that love.

The I AM and WE ARE existing in unison and independently, as the need arises. Thus the zen proverb. Before enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

Pffft. For the record... Otherwise I simply wouldn't bother...

It's not in his perspective that I see conflict and challenge. I have utmost confidence in my understanding.

I do not look to those names as guidance, I simply threw them out as quick reference. I rely on no one for my understanding. Those are simply others with whom my work agrees.

Now there is an interesting thing. Compassion. Historically, it is something the persecutor always seems to demand from their victim. As if to try and take away the right of righteous indignation... Compassion does not need to be spoken to be present. I have enough compassion in my breast otherwise I would not be able to speak as I do.

Not, of course, that I see you or them as enemies. No mortal is grand enough^^

Because you asked, "be like water" means to transition your mind into a formless, cohesive state, in which one freely adapts to the mold of their environment while not compromising the least of their identity in the process.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

I meant 'compassion' in the Buddhist sense of it's meaning, and application.

"Because you asked, "be like water" means to transition your mind into a formless, cohesive state, in which one freely adapts to the mold of their environment while not compromising the least of their identity in the process. "

I was being rhetorical, and making light, but I can see your ego is in no mood for such silliness.

Have you read The Unfettered Mind? I found it, and still do, to be most useful. Sun Tzu too, with myself being more of a 'fighter' than a meditator. Helps me to choose my battles rather than simply battle reality.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I understood it fully and I am with you and so are many more. An Avalanche is heading their way, they are running but there is nowhere left to hide. Their end is neigh. a reply to: LucidWarrior

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Glad to see you here! I'm sure you understand it more than I do LOL a reply to: ancientthunder

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join