It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus Disinformation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The following link is disinformation

It's summer in Australia and the coronavirus is circulating there — evidence that warm weather won't necessarily curtail the outbreak

But it’s summer in Australia and the average temperature is about 74 degrees Fahrenheit. At least 128 people there have gotten the coronavirus and three have died.

Of the 128 or so cases ONLY 4 of those are unknown. EVERYBODY else has either flown into the country with it, or been in such close proximity to someone who did have it that transfer was an inevitability. There is virtually NO RANDOM SPREAD of Coronavirus, at the moment.

Additionally, the temperature range of about 15°C to 31°C is clearly enough to hinder the exponential development of the virus. This is demonstrated by the ABSENCE of exponential virus development in Australia, since January. Have people contracted the virus in Australia, yes of course they have, but you've got to put the proximity issue front and center before you start screaming contagion.

The potential reality lies in the following information.

I believe this was first put forward more than a month ago by John Nicholls, a pathology professor at the University of Hong Kong. Link

the call showed Nicholls believes weather conditions will be a key factor in the demise of the novel coronavirus. Referencing the SARS outbreak from 2002 and 2003, Nicholls said he thinks similar weather factors will also shut down the spread of the novel coronavirus.

"Three things the virus does not like: 1. Sunlight, 2. Temperature, and 3. Humidity," Nicholls said in response to a question about when he thinks confirmed cases will peak.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Yeah, if it is over there in the summer, it probably is going to be a year long threat. Not the typical seasonal virus.

There are people who get the flu in the summer too, usually if they live in air conditioned homes or get wet and their core temperature goes low on a cool day trying to heat the skin. I would bet that the chemicals they sprayed on the fires and the smoke could have caused some havoc in people's lungs which also could make them more susceptible to getting sick.

So there are a few factors that could be contributing to people getting it there in this off season for you.

Maybe it being in australia and central countries near the equator is why they do not know for sure if this is going to be seasonal like many of the coronaviruses and flues are.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
sorry, i don't buy it. temperatures over 30C (with the lowest temps overnight at about 27C). should be interesting to see what happens in the summer, which is just in a couple weeks, where temperatures tend to get into the 40'sC much of the time. we also have lots of sunlight. sunlight enough that i burn much quicker than on the worst sunny day in North America. and of course the amount of daylight only varies by about an hour over the whole year. and it's also very humid most of the time. and we still have cases popping up where the person has not traveled. in fact in a couple recent cases they are people who have been in quarantine for almost a month, off of that cruise ship. so either they caught the virus here, and not while they were traveling. or it can take about a month of incubation in a person, before they even test positive for it. and reports say you can start spreading it within a couple hours of contact with a person who has it.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
China and Italy has already recovered. Over 100k people have recovered. I think it's blown out of proportion You have a higher chance of dying from a fallen latter.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ambassado12
China and Italy has already recovered. Over 100k people have recovered. I think it's blown out of proportion You have a higher chance of dying from a fallen latter.

2ND

Repetition for emphasis! 🍻

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Yeah I’m going to lean more towards it does have an impact, compare Italy to Australia and it’s pretty obvious

The fact China was mass disinfecting Wuhan twice a day shows it’s pretty hardy in cooler weather whether on surfaces outside or airborne

Warmer drier weather will evaporate the droplets and kill it on the surfaces sooner

It’s winter time for Australia in a couple of months, I expect to see their cases to significantly rise and northern hemisphere cases decrease somewhat

However the virus does appear to be with us for some time regardless

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
What about South America?

It's also summer there, but they have only had isolated cases. You would think it should have exploded there by now. As the seasons continue to shift we'll see if it moves south and leaves the north. If that happens, then we know we have a limited breathing space where we'll see isolated cases here in the northern hemisphere, and we better hope we come up with something while it amuses itself on the beaches of Rio.

Otherwise, it'll come right back next fall.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Im brazilian and down here the situation isnt good. temp ranges from 18 to 38 celsius.

Cases almost doubled yesterday from 35 to 70 and more than doubled today from 70 to more than 145. São Paulo, biggest cluster with the majority of the cases already informed the population that they have community transmission. Rio government also declared that they have community transmission. The first case was confirmed 3 weeks ago.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Peserc

According to information that I have read;

The Ministry of Health reiterates that there is still no transmission of SARS-CoV2 in the community, that is, when the disease is contracted from an unknown carrier.

According to health authorities, all confirmed cases so far have traveled to affected countries or have had contact, in Brazil, with someone who contracted the virus abroad, which is called local transmission.

Linky

On face value I'd have to say, looking at the numbers and commentary, the situation is not overly dissimilar to Australia, with of course acknowledging the relative different densities of population and culture.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Italy has recovered???
Me thinks you're reading Chinese newspapers if you believe that bit of malarky.
Why is China on quarantine and lockdown?
Oh, because if they set those poor people free it'll be back for round 2...or 3 or whatever round it is.
Talk about dissecting disinformation... how about a link that says Italy recovered.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

In South America is summer now and the virus is spreading well.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

In South America is summer now and the virus is spreading well.

Read my post above, no it isn't.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

It has also been extremely hot and humid, at least where I am.

A tough breeding ground for a microorganisms.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   
If the virus is sitting on an inanimate object the temperature and humidity will play a big roll in how long the virus survives. Using similar surrogate viruses as examples as the temp and humidity got higher the virus died faster. However, in a climate controlled environment, such as in a human being, the virus can still survive even if the host is in hot humid weather. This flu like any other is most dangerous in winter months with cold temps and low humidity, which is why winter is typically the cold and flu season. But human to human transmission is always possible regardless of ambient temp and relative humidity.
edit on 13-3-2020 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

A salient point, the host is a variable ...

edit on 13-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   
If we are dissecting disinformation... why is the very first premise disinformation?
SARS wasn't seasonal. It was stopped by contact tracing and smart medicine.

It's already been proven that the virus lives 5 days instead of 9 days on surfaces at 90 degrees Fahrenheit, but to further debunk your 'claim'.

This gentleman has worked for multiple administrations in the U.S. of all parties, including whatever Jesse Ventura was. He has answered to multiple presidents.

Michael Osterholm is an internationally recognized expert in infectious disease epidemiology. He is Regents Professor, McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair in Public Health, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP), Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, a professor in the Technological Leadership Institute, College of Science and Engineering, and an adjunct professor in the Medical School, all at the University of Minnesota.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   
From what I understand, it’s quite virulent in Iran. Isn’t Iran desert? I’d expect that to be quite hot. And they have pretty high rates, and higher than normal mortality, but I expect the latter to have much to do with sanctions.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
From what I understand, it’s quite virulent in Iran. Isn’t Iran desert? I’d expect that to be quite hot. And they have pretty high rates, and higher than normal mortality, but I expect the latter to have much to do with sanctions.

A controlled virus, that's fun...

I don't like your way of thinking but can't dismiss it either.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: wakeupstupid

Try reading the OP, there is a reason why the first premise is disinformation.

It's already been proven that the virus lives 5 days instead of 9 days on surfaces at 90 degrees Fahrenheit, but to further debunk your 'claim'.

And your link to the paper is ................

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Actually about 70k has recovered....out of 135k cases. 5,000 of those 135k cases have DIED. That's a 3.7% mortality rate.

And they are still under quarantine. Italy is still two weeks away from virus peak. look at the extreme measures they had to resort to. Italy will remain under lock down for at least another month. Do you think the U.S. will be able to quarantine their entire country? Or even massive sections? Time will tell but I think not.

If the U.S. doesnt go to extreme measures such as what we have seen in China and Italy it is most definitely going to get real freakin ugly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join