It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you for all the information, education, and amusement!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Have been popping in here for years. Stumbled upon the site back in 2011 when looking for information out of Japan after the Fukushima tsunami. My daughter had spent some time there and we were worried about her host family. Once directed here, my curiosity got the best of me and I came back repeatedly to explore the many forums. I've enjoyed the wealth and diversity of information and even the arguments. I always taught my kids that you learn nothing by only communicating with those you agree with (something I may have regretted during their teenage years) and that an opposing view is food for thought. I have to say that there is much food for thought here
I also appreciate that most members seem to take it that way too. I finally joined because as I was reading some of the threads lately, the little voice in my head kept yammering 'But what about . . .' or 'No, no, you forgot about. . .' so, I thought I'd join and perhaps give the little voice an outlet. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute something of value or interest at some point, though I'm more likely to sit back and absorb all the information you all so thoughtfully proffer. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Philomathunbounded

Just your username makes one curios about your contributions.

What forums do you enjoy most?

Welcome

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Welcome aboard! Please leave your mandatory toilet paper donation in the box by the door.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NoConspiracy Well, that's a tough one. Almost like asking you which child you like the best. I've traveled around Science & Technology, Space Exploration, Ancient & Lost Civilizations, Fragile Earth, Cryptozoology, Survival, and dipped my toes in a few more. My daughter and I say we compliment each other as she always wants to 'Do All the things' and I always want to 'Know All the things'. I am more math and science centered, but like to keep up on things new, and forgotten, and speculate on the unknown. I keep informed when it comes to politics, but while I enjoy a good argument, most political discussions turn into fights these days so I tend to shy away from those. It's not educational if neither side is listening to the other. I will pop into the political forums from time to time for some information or to get a feel for peoples mood or opinions on some things, but I usually don't end up staying long.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage NO. It's MINE. ALL Mine I tell you.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Welcome. Glad to have you.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

You must first lock yourself in here for 14 days:

It's the only way to know you're sterile. I mean not contagious. I mean safe. I mean quarantined.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.Thank you!

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence I have been told I am not safe. I've even been told I'm scary. But if you insist, I'll comply if you promise to keep a steady supply of coffee and books available.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Philomathunbounded
a reply to: Liquesence I have been told I am not safe. I've even been told I'm scary. But if you insist, I'll comply if you promise to keep a steady supply of coffee and books available.

If you made it to ATS you are definitely not safe.

Would you prefer 100 copies of "Triggered" or 100 copies of "50 Shades of Grey?" I own neither, but I have connections.

I do, however, have some additional copies of algebra textbooks and Shakespeare.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Would you prefer 100 copies of "Triggered" or 100 copies of "50 Shades of Grey?" I own neither, but I have connections.

I do, however, have some additional copies of algebra textbooks and Shakespeare.
Fourteen days, . . . all of the above, though I'm pretty up to date on the algebra, could use some brushing up on the calculus and physics if you got 'em

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Welcome aboard, DB will be along in minute to cough and sneeze on you. That's not to spread Coronavirus, he's just funny like that.
The tin-foil hat making lessons now have a face mask element to them, Springer and the Mods has been secretly buying up all the toilet paper which gets glued to to the tin-foil. Make sure you're at induction for these lessons!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Fourteen days, . . . all of the above, though I'm pretty up to date on the algebra, could use some brushing up on the calculus and physics if you got 'em

No calculus, but a chemistry and a microbiology textbook.

Also send a copy of The Stand.

M-O-O-N, that spells coronavirus!

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I agree with that this form is great and i found it as best for knowledge..

new topics

top topics

join