It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AAAAAHHHHHH! Stop already with government saving us!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Joeshiloh
I agree with you here Joe and the entirety of your perspective. I would only add that it is not just the government that manipulates people it is the entire system of business that now controls OUR government. The drive for personal profit that is at the core of our current economic system depends upon unconscious consumerism in order to continue it's massive wealth grab. The unconscious behavior of too many Americans has allowed to many of us to be turned from ''citizens'' to ''consumers'' and that now is how we consume our politics. We consume Trump and we consume Biden, just like Coke or Pepsi.

Pretty much how I see it, the vast majority of us are drones.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Bloodworth
There are many governmental laws that protect the masses.

Seat belt tickets...if we let people do what they want they will die more.

Common sense laws because we've allowed the nanny-state.

If you aren't smart enough to wear a seat belt on your own, then maybe you need to be culled from the herd.

You said a few weeks back you work in a hospital, and that you weren't going to worry about this virus and just keep going to work , and that was when it was pointed out that medical staff are complicit in spreading things like this virus...ironic.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So you're blaming me for spreading the virus.

Nice!

*clap*

Well done!

I have no other words.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No I'm pointing common sense isn't all that common...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No I'm pointing common sense isn't all that common...

Aaaand I'm guessing english isn't your first language because NOW, you're making no sense.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Your own statement show you lack the common sense you rail on others for not having.

You do remember the conversation don't you ?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

So as a health care worker, according to you, I'm responsible for spreading the disease.

Is that right?

Did I follow your logic?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

So as a health care worker, according to you, I'm responsible for spreading the disease.

Is that right?

Did I follow your logic?

Not exactly, the conversation got on to health workers unknowingly spreading the virus around, we were talking about disruptions to work the economy etc, this was when it was still being peddled as a nothing burger, a dem hoax yada yada yada , I'm simply regurgitating what you said at the time...

Which is rebutal to your seat belt comment and common sense, perhaps it was just your pride speaking but it lacked common sense, I was shocked you said that and that's why it stuck in my memory.
edit on 14-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

As you should be acutely aware, common sense is not that common.

I typed this slowly so you could understand.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Ok boomer

Look I know your grumpy with me, it what it is, I like you db ,you've a great sense of humour, well when your not grumpy.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

You want anarchy or something?

There's a lot of grey area between total dependency on the Government and total chaos.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
There are many governmental laws that protect the masses.

Seat belt tickets...if we let people do what they want they will die more.

Common sense laws because we've allowed the nanny-state.

If you aren't smart enough to wear a seat belt on your own, then maybe you need to be culled from the herd.

Lol. This kind of Laizzes faire attitude is hilariously stupid in the face of a highly infectious, unstudied pandemic, with a high mortality rate.

Good thing there aren't too many more people out there like Captain America here. We'd all be fuxcity.

Definitely the most incompetent, adolescent reaction I've heard from someone in the medical field. WAA, SOMEONE TOLD ME WHAT TO DO. WAA, IM NOT GONNA DO IT CUZ U TOLD ME TO!

You're so transparently stuck at 15 years old. Let me guess... Your parents were a LITTLE overprotective. LOL

The idea is to be on the safe side. There are asymptomatic carriers, and folks who are sick yet uncompromised. And they could be infecting and killing other people.

Not #ing rocket science.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Or, our beloved Founding Fathers found it necessary to establish a manner of of organizing ourselves so that we could work together and not alone, all by ourselves in a dog eat dog way. They established rules and laws to make this work for them and their descendants. If we are afraid of the government of the United States is is because we, those descendants are not doing it right. We are not governing ourselves in the manner they envisioned. It's our fault and not the fault of some foreign entity that many now call ''THE GOVERNMENT''.

This is one of the few posts worth reading in this thread.

@OP with respect, whether you approve or not, many people are neither physically nor mentally equipped to fully fend for themselves.

It's our duty as decent human beings to help others in need.

The "I'm alright Jack; f**k you" mentality is a sad indictment of modern society.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I've picked this thread to vent a quite possibly off topic feeling that I simply have to get out somewhere. And since DB's threads are usually filled with scoundrels and deviants that I can at least relate to, this is as good a place as any.

I'm either going to catch Covid-19 or I won't.
If I do catch it I'll either die or I won't.
If I don't die then I'll either have lingering related health issues or I won't.

This applies to every single person I know, know of, don't know of at all, love, hate or couldn't give a damn about either way.

I'm at peace with all that.

I'll do what I can, as I can, to try and make things safer and better for myself and those I can effect - directly or otherwise. Aside from that? Serenity prayer I suppose.

With that said, I honestly think I'd rather wind up in bed, on the edge of death, rather than to read even one more word from people who seem desperate to blame others for this. It's a damn virus. Viruses don't care about your nationality or political leanings. They don't possess the capacity to target you on the basis of the color of your ballcap.

They only care if you've got a warm, wet inside that they can invade and turn into a microbe rave where they'll reproduce ( I'm now picturing single celled organisms wearing electrical tape for clothes and holding glow sticks... My own fault for going down the path of this analogy... ) and find the opportunity start a new rave in the next warm and wet body they can get to.

/rant off.

edit on 3/15/20 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

nor mentally equipped to fully fend for themselves.

For that matter, are any of us?

Oh, and thanks for your recognition of that post, it helps now and then to hear things like that.

edit on 31America/ChicagoSun, 15 Mar 2020 12:14:20 -0500Sun, 15 Mar 2020 12:14:20 -050020032020-03-15T12:14:20-05:001200000014 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Yep. I"m gonna get it or not get it. If I don't get it from that person I will get it from another. If I get it.
If I do get it and don't know it I may give it to someone else and if not me, someone else will give it to someone else.

There is no blame here . In a loose manner it seems a like insisting to have sex on the beach. How do you do it without getting sand in your naughty bits. The beach here being a world spanning and intricately interlaced civilization with all the grains of sand that go with it.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You just took me back to some old school punk. TSOL (True Sounds of Liberty)- Abolish Government

edit on 16-3-2020 by Outofsteppp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I was just thinking about how long it will take until we see the "miraculous" use of CRISPR testing.

Any ideas how is the real situation in this matter, anyone?
The media will only mention it (if ever) after it is presumed that the masses would suddenly accept its use, I think.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
She's not wrong.

a reply to: ConfusedBrit

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Heh.

Told ya so. . . . .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>