It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Bakker Sued For Selling Fake Coronavirus Cure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Televangelist Jim Bakker is being sued by the state of Missouri for selling fake coronavirus cures on his website. On Monday, the Jim Bakker Show and six other companies were warned by the the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to stop selling unapproved products and treatments.

Jim Bakker Sued For Selling Fake Coronavirus Cure

Uh Oh! Baby Jesus isn't going to like this!

How do these snake oil salesmen live with themselves? I'm sure his lord and savior won't be impressed that Jim Bakker and others are selling fake cures to capitalize on a pandemic.

I mean, he's smart, but he got caught, so now Missouri is going to sue the, excuse me, hell out of him.

I bet Tammy Faye is raining down big, fat, mascara tears from heaven today.

I hate people like this. Preying on people's faith so they can afford an extravagant lifestyle.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well, it is a silver solution, so it probably does kill many viruses. It is not approved by the FDA or any agency though, so it cannot be advertised as so.

We have a bottle of bentonite clay solution in the basement for emergencies and that also will kill a lot of viruses. But I doubt if that is approved either and I do not know if that will actually work on this kind of virus.

I may know that Bentonite clay works for lots of things . but I won't tell anyone that their cat litter in water will kill their infections though.......Hmmm. maybe that is why the female cat is washing it's paws in the water dish after coming out of the litter pan. The other cats hate when she does that, but maybe she is just medicating everyone.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Sounds like some great stuff. It can even cure HIV!

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

he should have been giving it away and charging double for shipping and handling.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Wasn't the dude given a handshake prison term a while ago for being a con man? Yet he got out and went right back to it, just in a lower key. I say, put him back in jail where he can help make hand sanitizer for the state of New York.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

FDA unapproved and "fake" are not necessarily the same thing. And definitely not the same thing in regards to the healing effects of silver. In fact, given the plethora of research proving the antiviral and antimicrobial efficacy of silver, as well as the many FDA approved products containing silver, it's more than disappointing that during this health crisis a valuable healing agent is being discredited and maligned.

Silver nanoparticles are broad-spectrum bactericidal and virucidal compounds.

The advance in nanotechnology has enabled us to utilize particles in the size of the nanoscale. This has created new therapeutic horizons, and in the case of silver, the currently available data only reveals the surface of the potential benefits and the wide range of applications. Interactions between viral biomolecules and silver nanoparticles suggest that the use of nanosystems may contribute importantly for the enhancement of current prevention of infection and antiviral therapies. Recently, it has been suggested that silver nanoparticles (AgNPs) bind with external membrane of lipid enveloped virus to prevent the infection. Nevertheless, the interaction of AgNPs with viruses is a largely unexplored field.

Silver Nanoparticles as Potential Antiviral Agents

Silver nanoparticles have mainly been studied for their antimicrobial potential against bacteria, but have also proven to be active against several types of viruses including human imunodeficiency virus, hepatitis B virus, herpes simplex virus, respiratory syncytial virus, and monkey pox virus. The use of metal nanoparticles provides an interesting opportunity for novel antiviral therapies.

Is Colloidal silver a cure for coronavirus?

Three Ways in Which Colloidal Silver Works
DNA binding.
Colloidal silver goes straight to the DNA of the virus (and other pathogens) and binds with the DNA. In the process it destroys the hydrogen that holds the cell together, destroys the cell and kills the virus.
Pathogen cell membranes. Colloidal silver also attaches to the virus’ cell membrane and foils its attempt to attach itself to the host cells, preventing infection.
Catalytic oxidation. Colloidal silver attaches to oxygen molecules and reacts with certain molecules that circle around viruses. The virus then fails to attack body cells.

The silver lining: Towards the responsible and limited usage of silver

Silver has attracted a lot of attention as a powerful, broad spectrum and natural antimicrobial agent since the ancient times because of its non-toxic nature to the human body at low concentrations. It has been used in treatment of various infections and ulcers, storage of water, and prevention of bacterial growth on the surfaces and within materials. However there are numerous medical and health benefits of colloidal or nano silver apart from its microbicidal ability which as yet have not been fully embraced by the medical community. These include antiplatelet activity, antioxidant effect, anticancer activity, wound healing and bone regeneration, enhancement of immunity, and increase in antibiotic efficiency. Additionally silver also provides protection against alcohol toxicity, upper respiratory tract infections and stomach ailments. Although nanosilver has been proposed for various topical applications, its usage by ingestion and inhalation remains controversial due to the lack of detailed and precise toxicity information.

There is absolutely no doubt of the healing qualities of silver. The question is why so many are so determined to convince us otherwise...

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I'm sure his lord and savior won't be impressed that Jim Bakker and others are selling fake cures to capitalize on a pandemic.

Jesus and his followers made a good living casting demons from ignorant poor people. So he'd probably forgive ol' Jim.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Send the bastard to China.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Good Luck to him, I admire his initiative ..........

Will he find enough people stupid enough to buy?

If he does they deserve to be conned.......You just can't fix stupid

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
There is absolutely no doubt of the healing qualities of silver. The question is why so many are so determined to convince us otherwise...

You mean like those evil bastards at the National Institute of Health?
Colloidal silver as an antimicrobial agent: fact or fiction?
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
edit on 12-3-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Lol..I worry more about the people buying this stuff.

I swear I'm starting a business in making hazmat-suits from old shopping bags...

Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Yep -- them's would be the ones! Or at least some of the ones.

It's like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. They know that silver has healing properties because their own studies tell them so! But then we're told that it's "quackery" and "snake oil" and so on.

But I truly believe it is more sinister than simple ineptitude.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
if people are dumb enough to poison themselves and guarantee their own death by corona that's on them, nature doesn't care if someone thinks they know more than an expert, it's going to kill you regardless.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: Blue Shift

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Yep -- them's would be the ones! Or at least some of the ones.

It's like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. They know that silver has healing properties because their own studies tell them so! But then we're told that it's "quackery" and "snake oil" and so on.

But I truly believe it is more sinister than simple ineptitude.

conclusion: As the tested colloidal silver solutions did not show any antimicrobial effect in vitro on the microorganisms, claims of colloidal silver's antimicrobial potency are misleading and there is no place for it as an antiseptic.

so what are you reading?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Rev. Jim just has our best interest in mind. As this Video will show and his food buckets are tasty. It broke my heart when he split with Tammy faye.

edit on 12-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

conclusion: As the tested colloidal silver solutions did not show any antimicrobial effect in vitro on the microorganisms, claims of colloidal silver's antimicrobial potency are misleading and there is no place for it as an antiseptic.

so what are you reading?

Did you miss all the links I posted??? There is no doubt that silver fights infections of all kinds. But, as the links I posted made clear, far too little research has been done although current research is promising. For example, recent studies have found that combining silver with other antibiotics makes both more effective. One study I read not to long ago combined silver and blue light (also proven as antiviral and FDA approved in several applications) for MRSA infections resulting from surgery.

I actually first heard about colloidal silver from our family doctor after my son had severe allergic reactions to prescription antibiotics. We really didn't have much choice. We had to find alternative treatments for him. And we did. Colloidal silver was just one that he recommended and worked.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Fake my arse....anyone can do the milk test....put selfmade colldial silver into one glass of milk and leave another pristine....pu them on your counter....return in 3 days and look at the results.....this is not a joke....it is Anti-Humanitarian Terrorism to prosecute or impede this man in any way.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all
i love colloidal silver. i use it every time i feel a cold coming on. i never get sick

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
So Im on the fence on this one:

We should protect those stupid enough to buy into old Jim.

VS.

If your that stupid maybe we are better off without you

Nuff said

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Is this guy a christian? I havnt heard him preach Jesus more just preaching fear and food
Jesus taught love and taught His followers to teach love
This man clearly has no love or service for others

One of the reasons Christianity is so easy to hate

top topics

<<   2 >>

join