It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GREAT 2020 Toilet Paper Panic Conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
More a question than anything

Toilet paper, it really has me confused, of all the staples to be stripped from the shops toilet paper, really

Who started it and why, what made people buy toilet paper of all things
Food, water, fuel, antibacterial and face masks but toilet paper.

So why?
I am guessing, maybe the government influencers, (is that a thing) decided if they strip the stores, started mass toilet paper panic, they could insulate the population from panicking in the near future when things do become scarce, how?
Because toilet paper is cheap, large stock, not a necessity and easily replaceable, they could run it down, replace it and show the populace there is no need to panic buy, everything is under control.
The government is looking after everyone.
People spend big on toilet paper, realise it was really dumb and that puts into people’s head, hoarding is dumb.

That’s just my grey area theory, grey, with an “e” not an “a” thank you

It just seems to me nothing is done these days without a motive
I am going to fill my gas bottles and get some tinned tomatoes.
Not panicking, just preparing

Any other ideas why the GREAT 2020 toilet paper panic, wild theories or quiet whispers

edit on 12-3-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I mean, You can always use Sandpaper to clean yourself.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I'm quoting myself, but here-

Honestly, I think it's that Scott is Charmin' his friends who are Quilting North of him in order to get a corner on the Cotton market. Or people are just covering their butts.

I think it's also a lot like covering the cost of milk and bread as market indicators...

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It's part of a 20 year cycle,... remember Y2K ?

jk

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Be a good time to be a bidet salesman.
Get big toilet paper off your back!(side)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Do people even realize that if they run out of food they
won't need toilet paper?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Well, that's crap.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I honestly haven't noticed a difference in toilet paper availability and price in my area.

The expensive stuff like Charmin and Scott stay plentiful while the cheaper Great Value and Food Lion brand toilet paper get bought regularly. Being out of those has been something that isn't too uncommon ever really. Dollar Tree and Dollar General are still stocked..

Hand sanitizer I haven't looked at because I had a bottle from earlier this year that's still half full because it lasts forever.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

sanitizer has been gone for weeks here... I too have a 20oz bottle I bought several months ago and it's still full.... doesn't make sense to panic buy sanitizer when it last so long.... unless people are bathing in it lol...

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

It is like when a new boss arrives and that person confiscates the key to the toilet.

By making people come to him/her and ask for the key, he/she forces them to acknowledge the new boss ... we'll all have to go to the authorities for crapper paper, thereby acknowledging their lordship over us

Cheers

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'll post this again

Whats going on in Montana

A local woman bought 2 cases to send to her daughter in Montana because she can't get any there.

True story from Southwest Michigan

edit on 12-3-2020 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It’s good for anything. You’ve never made a pot of TP stew? It’s amazing.

Just several simple ingredients:

1. Water (preferably stagnant creek water with a lot of sediment. That’s your vitamins)

2. A 10x10 inch piece of carpet. (Preferably used, helps with flavor)

3. Two rolls of high quality toilet paper.

Bring water to a rolling boil. Put the carpet in just long enough to soften the glue (about 5-6 minutes) take out, squeeze the juice back into the pot. Then add the TP. Boil for 3 minutes on high, then remove from heat.

Eat it, throw up, then go rob your neighbors for actual food.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
It’s good for anything. You’ve never made a pot of TP stew? It’s amazing.

Just several simple ingredients:

1. Water (preferably stagnant creek water with a lot of sediment. That’s your vitamins)

2. A 10x10 inch piece of carpet. (Preferably used, helps with flavor)

3. Two rolls of high quality toilet paper.

Bring water to a rolling boil. Put the carpet in just long enough to soften the glue (about 5-6 minutes) take out, squeeze the juice back into the pot. Then add the TP. Boil for 3 minutes on high, then remove from heat.

Eat it, throw up, then go rob your neighbors for actual food.

Taps pencil...

Looks up from notes...

“So, which neighbors?”

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
As far as the Whys and wheres ....

This all started with Hong Kong panicking after China switched from Toilet Paper Production to face mask production. Fearing TP would become non-existant Hong Kongers went hoarding .... Story I understand to be the origins of the Great TP stampede of 2020

All Brought to you by China & Social Media - isn't it great

Coronavirus Stokes Mask Production and Mass Confusion

It's no surprise that companies are now making masks, including automakers such as BYD Co. and Guangzhou Automobile Group Co. But this shift has stoked its own form of panic. When China's fourth-largest tissue-paper brand, Guangdong-based C&S Paper Co., said it purchased five production lines with a daily capacity of about 350,000 masks, speculation was rife on social media about possible disruption to the paper-goods supply chain. This helps explain why Hong Kong had a toilet-paper run last week: The likes of C&S might just be too busy making surgical masks

edit on 3122020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It's some kind of herd mentality, akin to brain damage, fear of the virus affecting the greed and critical thought portions of the brain box.

Was lucky to find a solitary 4 pack the other day..idiots!
edit on 12-3-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ThouArtGod

“So, which neighbors?”

The ones that only have toilet paper. stagnant creek water
and cat piss carpet left Einstein!

Which neighbors, are you kidding me?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Dont know but I hit the toilet paper jackpot this week!
I order my groceries from walmart and send my son to pick it up. I ordered an 8 pack, which it ended up was out of stock... so they substituted a 16 pack, for the price of the 8 pack....

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I read it here first, in one of the coronavirus update threads - someone said, if you're going to bug out, or self quarantine, make sure you've got enough TP. So I went and bought 3 packs of 9, and mentioned it on another forum I'm on.
I didn't think it had that much attention, but then a day later I heard about the 'riots' for TP in Australia! go figure.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I just came back from 3 stores that are near me, looking to buy another multi-pack of toilet paper...no luck. My last stop was interesting.

As I pulled into a parking spot at Big Lots, I noticed this lady zip behind me in her minivan and then quickly pulled into a spot nearer to the store. She got out of her vehicle and power walked into the store.

I entered the store and grabbed a cart and noticed that people in the checkout line had toilet paper in their carts.

I went to the back aisle of the store, only to find that woman I saw in the parking lot, stacking the remaining toilet paper on the floor, while fumbling with the three packs that were in her arms, dropping one of them. She was in such a damn hurry, that she didn't even bother grabbing a shopping cart upon entering the store.

There were several women with carts, standing near her, hoping to snag a pack of toilet paper, but to no avail. You could tell by their facial expressions that they were getting upset.

Instead of getting pissed, I just nonchalantly pushed my cart towards the woman, who was stacking all the toilet paper, and told her that she may need my cart if she intended to clean out all the remaining stock of toilet paper.

At least she said, "thanks." LMAO.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: ThouArtGod

“So, which neighbors?”

The ones that only have toilet paper. stagnant creek water
and cat piss carpet left Einstein!

Which neighbors, are you kidding me?

Dude- that’s an actual LOL from me. Coffee on my uniform now, thanks.

As for my neighbors, I offered to take them all shopping if need be, and I’m happy to help with labor during a crisis, but out 120 day supply is family first.

Then it’s time for ol’ trusty and I to do some shopping, or if needed, prevent some shopping on my land.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join