It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should you now prepare you and your family for the survival of the daily meals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Most of us here live from pay check to pay check with out the thought of "hey, i don't need to prepare" for more then one week.
Well , now I hope you change your insight of being able to feed the family in one week from now.

look people, we now have org. now feeding people daily here in this country because we are/were prepared

are you americans prepared to do this by the thousands daily?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Well, here in Aus the food aisles are full, but the toilet paper aisles are empty....can't die from starvation with a dirty arse I suppose.......

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
Well, here in Aus the food aisles are full, but the toilet paper aisles are empty....can't die from starvation with a dirty arse I suppose.......

nope because you can go to the ocean and wipe it clean

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I stay fairly well stocked. I'd consider myself much more prepared than many out there. It's not a prepper thing by any stretch either. I've always just kept an adequate amount of supplies for my family. As a teen in the 90s, we had an ice storm one year and lost power for nearly 2 weeks. My parents luckily kept a well stocked pantry along with kerosene heaters and we made it through without much issue. That was an eye opener for me.

Everyone regardless of where you stand on social issues CAN and SHOULD put back enough food, water, and supplies for your family in case of an emergency. Even those living paycheck to paycheck can easily stock up a own year supply of food and water for a family of 5 pretty easily. You may not be eating gourmet meals but your children will not go to bed with empty bellies. It's your responsibility to take care of you and yours.

It's never too late to start. What are you waiting for?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Do some research on those nations who use TP and those who do not. Then ask yourself who in life generally seem happier?

All hands on deck?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Maybe they are not as stupid as we think they are.

How do you get people to prepare without triggering the whole of the masses into a complete melt down?

Make the focus of prepping something tangible, useable, and safe to store in large quantities. Of course it will go viral enough that many will make light of it, but will get a few rolls just to be on the safe side, and they may as well stock up on some basic staples while we are at it. Just to be safe.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I shop daily and don't plan on changing it. I won't bow down to this nonsense of crashing the economy and destroying everyone's retirements and small businesses because old people in bad health die from viruses. If you have elderly members 65+ years old in bad health, then quarantine them and bring them the supplies they need.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I think it's crazy that people don't prepare for food shortages anyway.

I always have at least 3-6 months of dry foods stored in my home.

You never know what might happen.
I've been homeless and I know that I could be again. So I make a point of being ready for that day when I have no money.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Already working on it. Just renewed my fishing license and upgraded my fishing gear.

Hopefully I will get my hunting license too. Looking for a nice and cheap traditional bow.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
No. Food shops will remain open.

This is flu. Not AIDS.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: Flatcoat

Do some research on those nations who use TP and those who do not. Then ask yourself who in life generally seem happier?

All hands on deck?

Ummm...is this one of those...to bidet...or not to bidet...posts...?

Cause anyone with a jet of water shooting up their nether-regions...is bound to be in an elevated mood-set...

Providing it's not ice water...natch...

An all hands on...sitcheeation…

YouSir

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

If the virus is even a little close to as bad as the left and MSM are making it out to be. Many people that have stocked up on supplies will have died by the time I'll need more supplies.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I think at this point, it's more important to make sure people are stocked and prepared for the duration of an illness. The last place a sick person should be is at the market shopping for necessities -- both for their sakes and for others. At any given time, we could probably last for a few weeks on what we have. We wouldn't eat well that entire time, but we'd have food in our bellies.

For illness though, we'd need specific foods, medicines, toiletries, first aid supplies, etc. Why is no one trying to give folks the knowledge and tools to take care of themselves? Why aren't we seeing supply lists and recommendations for nursing and nurturing ourselves? Especially when we're being threatened with NO MEDICAL CARE if we're too old or have pre-existing conditions or overwhelmed hospitals???

What scares me the most about the Coronavirus is the number of people who seem to have no idea of how to take care of themselves, and no inclination to do so. If I had so little confidence in my own abilities to nurse and nurture our bodies, I'd probably be scared too. But I'm far more scared of being dependent on others and those demanding others do this or that of me to protect themselves.

Vaccines, quarantines, martial law... All of these authoritarian measures are far more dangerous than the virus.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

Don't forget the ammo!
It isn't a myth that when those who didn't plan run out, they will come and take it from those who did.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Should you now prepare you and your family for the survival of the daily meals

I survived my wife's first ventures into meatloaf and spaghetti so many decades ago.
Does that count ?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Every family should stock food and rotate it to be able to survive a month. It used to be like that in the sixties, everyone I knew had a pantry and freezer with food supplies to make it at least a month. Water was not really an issue that much, you could melt snow for the toilet in the winter and get water from a river or lake in the summer. The water that came out of your tap was drinkable back then, now most city water around here tastes like Crap. An unprepared household back in the sixties was one that only had two weeks of supplies.

The governments recommendations on stocking up is what everyone used to follow back in the old days when I was young, even us teenagers had enough canned food or Mac and cheese and butter to survive a couple of weeks, and we could always go home if there was no food because our parents had a decent pantry of food. I did not know any adults, other than Drunks, that did not stock some foods just in case.

Look at society now, most families cannot put together meals for three days from their stocks of foods, no planning at all. They got used to there always being available food over the last two generations, but do not understand that forty years of good times does not mean that it won't happen again.

The food you put in a frost free freezer does not store food very long, it dries out from the constant thawing and unthawing of that kind of freezer and tastes like crap after two to three months. A regular freezer, one you have to defrost occasionally is best for storing food long term. Beef will last over a year most times, pork six months, fish six months, and cut that way down if it is a frost free freezer. A small one of those chest freezers works well for most families for food storage for rotation, just make sure to rotate the foods and always buy when stuff is on sale. Do not stick the meat in the fridge for a week then decide to freeze it, it is much better to freeze it right away, sour meat or withered veggies will not freeze very well, freeze them when they are fresh if you bought too much. Blanch some green beans to freeze if you get a pile cheap, the quicker the better the product, we do lots of that kind of stuff.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Every family should stock food and rotate it to be able to survive a month. It used to be like that in the sixties, everyone I knew had a pantry and freezer with food supplies to make it at least a month. Water was not really an issue that much, you could melt snow for the toilet in the winter and get water from a river or lake in the summer. The water that came out of your tap was drinkable back then, now most city water around here tastes like Crap. An unprepared household back in the sixties was one that only had two weeks of supplies.

The governments recommendations on stocking up is what everyone used to follow back in the old days when I was young, even us teenagers had enough canned food or Mac and cheese and butter to survive a couple of weeks, and we could always go home if there was no food because our parents had a decent pantry of food. I did not know any adults, other than Drunks, that did not stock some foods just in case.

Look at society now, most families cannot put together meals for three days from their stocks of foods, no planning at all. They got used to there always being available food over the last two generations, but do not understand that forty years of good times does not mean that it won't happen again.

The food you put in a frost free freezer does not store food very long, it dries out from the constant thawing and unthawing of that kind of freezer and tastes like crap after two to three months. A regular freezer, one you have to defrost occasionally is best for storing food long term. Beef will last over a year most times, pork six months, fish six months, and cut that way down if it is a frost free freezer. A small one of those chest freezers works well for most families for food storage for rotation, just make sure to rotate the foods and always buy when stuff is on sale. Do not stick the meat in the fridge for a week then decide to freeze it, it is much better to freeze it right away, sour meat or withered veggies will not freeze very well, freeze them when they are fresh if you bought too much. Blanch some green beans to freeze if you get a pile cheap, the quicker the better the product, we do lots of that kind of stuff.

I remember them days very well. Also I never heard the word " poor" either. Why, well it wasn't commercialize back then.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I don't listen to the msm or the left ( or right) when it comes to medical or science issues.

But from what I can see by the spread in other countries and the hit the market is taking. I would say That I am very happy that I am a prepper.

I'm not worried at all. Everyone gets sick and the market dies so hard that we all lose our jobs and I'm still ok for at least 6 months.
I have stuff set up in the forest that I could live on for the rest of my life if I need to.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I am not as concerned about TP as I am now concerned about this:

A Potential Universal Flu Vaccine Just Passed an Important Clinical Trial

Coincidence? Lather up everyone into a false flag frenzy and let the media spin it. The runs start on TP and now the "universal" vaccine.

You betcha! So the March on Towards Global Population 500 million. Just like the Georgia Guidestone's.

new topics

top topics

join