It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart's temporary attendance policy regarding Coronavirus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
We just spend about tree fiddy at Walmart last night stocking up on the essentials and non-perishables. Should be able to comfortably ride out a 14 day quarantine without breaking into the shtf goods in the basement.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Meh. You'll never hear me complain about working there. My schedule is awesome, lots of paid time off, excellent and cheap health, dental, and vision, and they're paying for my college. It's also earning me about $35,000 a year that's just fun and vacation money for me. I've also lost weight and feel better because I walk about 10 miles a day, and do a lot of heavy lifting.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Yes, he is correct. Walmart is heavily tied into FEMA, FBI, DHS, and many state & local emergency management sectors. In fact, they have a Command Center that puts the Federal government's to shame almost...

That being said, many large companies are tied into government...not just Walmart. And I can promise you that these conversations are taking place.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
My sister messaged me earlier and said that an employee came to work after breaking a volunteer quaramtine.

This is small town America and the employee was on one of the cruises that just got back.

This is pretty crazy considering that there wasn't any word of any kind about any local voluntary quarantines.

Nownits got everybody more worried than they need to be. I cannot really blame a person for trying to pay their bills and not be homeless, but there needs to be a different course of action.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Sounds like Walmart has a better plan than where I work.....the USPS.
Their plan is “Wash your hands” with multiple service talks this week saying exactly that and basically nothing else.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I also work for Walmart (not in stores) and the new emergency policy is the same. Anyone who can work from home is encouraged to do so, and this new policy does provide some peace of mind to the many associates who live paycheck to paycheck, but the way it's written is ripe for abuse.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Effective today, all stores will be closed overnight. Close at 11pm, open at 6 am. Everyone still works their schedules. This is so we actually have a chance to stock the shelves in peace. It has been INSANE!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join