It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark times ahead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
In the national address, tonight Trump seems somber and reserved and has worry in his eyes. I fear dark times ahead for our country and the world whether it be the virus or the stock market or something else there that is different and alarming. Give pause to poop throwing politics and reflect on our current lives and what we take for granted daily because something is amiss.Da

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   
There has always been dark times ahead.
There will always be dark times ahead.
Until humankind reaches the perfection stage.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Gothmog perfection and emotion are two very different things. What makes us beautiful are our emotions and imperfections. You peek into the forums each day and see folks arguing different points with such passion and insistence of who is right and wrong its an awesome thing. It's a blessing we can bicker over things we believe and political leanings but at the same time no one wants to lose the people or things we love. Wouldnt a perfect world lack passion and in addition be very boring...?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink

Yeah, I think that was apparent when we saw what the hell was happening in China weeks ago. At least all of us watching it anyway. China didn't lose billions and billions, close down their manufacturing, and weld the doors shut on apartments because it was "just the flu".

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Oh my God. The #ing sky is falling. Oh #, you might get INFECTED and feel #ty for a few days. Oh God stop the #ing world. Ahhhhhhh

Sorry, am I panicking enough yet?
edit on 12/3/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

agreed I'm starting to believe that is what we were told to keep the panic and suffering to a minimum. Perhaps the rumors about crematoriums were true, but delaying panic and knowing there is nothing to be done will make it easier. Love your folks a little harder in the next few days and weeks, because I fear the pivot is coming. The markets do move stupidly sometimes but typically there are optimists and pessimists to keep a balance. When the optimist become pessimist things are definitely not good.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinktinktink
In the national address, tonight Trump seems somber and reserved and has worry in his eyes. I fear dark times ahead for our country and the world whether it be the virus or the stock market or something else there that is different and alarming. Give pause to poop throwing politics and reflect on our current lives and what we take for granted daily because something is amiss.Da

Yes, the available indications are that indeed, “dark times” lie ahead.

We can hope that they pass, but the truth is no one can say if they shall, nor if they do, how long we will need to endure before they have past.

We cannot know the suffering we will be asked to endure, and, perhaps that is, in itself, a small blessing.

It is human nature to fear the unknown.

But is the strength of the human intellect that allows us to set aside fear, and thus persevere to achieve whatever destiny Fate provides.
edit on 12-3-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

If (and I hope you do and and your right) your folks become ill and they fall in the ten percent whom will perish in the USA I promise I will weap despite your belief all is without trouble. Crossing my fingers your right and hoping you are but im beginning to doubt

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   

a reply to: dug88

If (and I hope you do and and your right) your folks become ill and they fall in the ten percent whom will perish in the USA I promise I will weap despite your belief all is without trouble. Crossing my fingers your right and hoping you are but im beginning to doubt

This is no Spanish Flu pandemic. But it is serious.

Worst case scenario, just about everyone will know someone who passes away from this. Stay safe, help your neighbors.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Some of the fears for western nations is our immunities have depleted from treating anything and everything that comes along instead of allowing our systems time to learn to fight common illnesses we have become weaker in fighting the things we are not technologically ready for yet. It appears Italy is learning that dire lesson as we speak and we are next.

I still am not sure of the virus is the fear in Trump's eyes, but there is definitely something there.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Dark times ahead? With a Corona virus on the loose? Isn't that a halo of light? If the MSM is pushing fear I push back. If there were real reason to fear the MSM wouldn't bother. Many countries have 0 cases, big countries. Russia had less than 10 i believe. These figures are being massaged in an enormous way. Pandemics don't respect national borders so the random spread around the planet strikes me as unnatural.
edit on 12-3-2020 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Dark times ahead? With a Corona virus on the loose? Isn't that a halo of light? If the MSM is pushing fear I push back. If there were real reason to fear the MSM wouldn't bother. Many countries have 0 cases, big countries. Russia had less than 10 i believe. These figures are being massaged in an enormous way. Pandemics don't respect national borders so the random spread around the planet strikes me as unnatural.

I believe some countries are covering it up.. or simply aren't testing at all..

North Korea
Russia
Iran
Indonesia
Yes, China

These are just a few countries that come to mind..

I think a real good picture of a typical out break would be South Korea and Italy.. Both seem to have been transparent with their data.
I am wondering if the different outcomes can be factored by different strains of the virus..
edit on 3/12/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   
There will always be light
Darkness couldn't exist without it

Mankind has been through far worse
humans have a long history of coming together in times of hardship
We will get through this.
edit on 12-3-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I can definitely see your angle there we can all find a conspiracy in near about everything. What would be shocking if we on ats were right just 25 percent of the time? I've been lurking here since 2007 ish posted a few times forgot my info recreated. But the thousands of things that make you go hmmm can't be ignored.

But to reaffirm I don't go out on a limb often but somethings got normally chipper, no backing down, brashness Trump's eyes different tonight and it is definitely something we are going to know when we see.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human

You're definitely right about that. Could you imagine the things people saw during ww2 or vietnam. Wifes grandma tells me a story about ww2 every time we visit them in the Philippines. She lives in a remote village and when the japs were coming she said her aunt had an infant in her arms (my wife's grandmas cousin). They hid in a field down in a hole dug to hide. Wife's grandma said the baby kept screaming and they tried to cover its mouth so they could remain hidden, but they couldn't get the baby quiet enough and feared the 8 of the family and neighbors would be discovered. So they held the baby under the wasted deep water and held their hands over its mouth and nose till the japs passed. My wife's Grandma says since she was a little girl can still hear that babies cry to this day.

Can you imagine being forced to make that choice?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   

In the national address, tonight Trump seems somber and reserved and has worry in his eyes.

Or he was simply having trouble reading the auto-cue. Mind you, he was reading it with all the enthusiasm of someone reading their wife's shopping list.

Seriously, though, he could be genuinely fearful for his own personal safety as he approaches his 74th birthday - which would be entirely understandable considering his public engagements.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   
He seemed his usual arrogant self to me. He still boasted about imaginary facts . I’ll have to watch it again, didn’t record it, is there a video? I’ll look

edit on 12-3-2020 by violet because: (no reason given)

Started off blaming Europe for infecting America.

edit on 12-3-2020 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   

may a pyre of burning toilet paper illuminate your path through the turmoil

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Personally, I'm not worried about the actual virus. I'm worried about the economy collapsing.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 001ggg100

If you're under 50, you *probably* won't die.. But the economic fallout is really bad..

This is what has governments spooked.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join