It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professional Sports: Playing Games Without Fans Begins in the USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The USA is following suit with other countries. The NBA is playing it’s first game with no fans. What a surprise, the first state to enact this is California. Tomorrow nights game at the Chase center in San Francisco against the Brooklyn Nets, will be played with no fans in the building.

The overreaction of this is becoming ridiculous. If this persists for long enough — bank on our Economy going in the sh!tter. Where’s the G-damn toilet paper?!?!

www.espn.com...

"Due to escalating concerns about the spread of the coronavirus, and in consultation with the City and County of San Francisco, tomorrow night's game vs. the Nets at Chase Center will be played without fans," the team tweeted. "Fans with tickets to this game will receive a refund in the amount paid."

edit on 11-3-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
In a somewhat related vein, NY city has canceled the St. Patrick’s Day Parade, for the first time in over 200 years, out of concerns regarding the COVID virus.

Boston and Dublin, Ireland have also canceled their parades.
edit on 11-3-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

link   
Do you think the local bars and restaurants will miss the business?

link   
Just a thought, but I don’t think entire countries would quarantine themselves losing billions of dollars over nothing. And I don’t think all these big industries would take a hit that big over a virus that is no more dangerous than the regular flu.

But that’s just me.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Do you think the local bars and restaurants will miss the business?

Yes! Bars make more money on St.Patricks Day in some cities than they do for the rest of the year until May/June rolls around. It really keeps places afloat.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Just a thought, but I don’t think entire countries would quarantine themselves losing billions of dollars over nothing. And I don’t think all these big industries would take a hit that big over a virus that is no more dangerous than the regular flu.

But that’s just me.

I’d tend to agree with you. With the exception of the fact that most the sporting community is tied to Hollyweird. Which are notoriously Trump haters. Crashing the economy right before the election, serves their purpose undoubtedly.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
People who utter the phrase "so its begun" should be pimp slapped back to the stone age. I despise that stupid phrase. Spineless city pricks utter that phrase cuz they have had life handed to them.

Good Christ Jesus, wtf would peeps today do if they lived in 1928?????

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Negativre...ALL sporting communities are tied to corporate sponsorship...and Vegas.a reply to: KKLOCO

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
People who utter the phrase "so its begun" should be pimp slapped back to the stone age. I despise that stupid phrase. Spineless city pricks utter that phrase cuz they have had life handed to them.

Good Christ Jesus, wtf would peeps today do if they lived in 1928?????

Wow dude, thanks for the kind words. Triggered much?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Stupid people trigger me...what can I say.

a reply to: KKLOCO

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

But that’s just me.

no, it's not just you.

This virus is going to be around for the long haul. But at this current time the medical apparatuses don't have the capability of keeping up with the ability of the virus to rapidly spread. Therefore isolation/quarantine is a smart thing to allow our medical facilities the ability to deal with the pandemic before their cup overuns (metaphorically speaking.)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Don't think the games are going to be anything exciting. The players won't have their fans cheering to hype them up.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I think they know this is a bioweapon and they aren't telling people.
Probably a good idea to not go into large gatherings for a little.

top topics

join