It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY to use prisoners to make hand sanitizer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Ok this is just weird. Cuomo talks about price gouging with the hand sanitizer and whatnot. Soooo now he's said we'll make our own! wtf I just thought it was weird and thought someone else might be amused too.

www.pressconnects.com...

If you watch the video in that link you will see Cuomo waxing on about the wonderful nature of that hand sanitizer and it's floral bouquet. What a freakin dweeb!

Some of the inmates will only be making 16 cents an hour with maximum being 65 cents.

It's called NY State Clean.

Apparently we are the state with the most cases of Covid 19, but he's still saying relax, be calm, no need to panic. And now the hand sanitizer? That'll save us! Ugh.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

giving prisoners the ingredients to make hand sanitiser - what can possibly go wrong

1 day later :

" hello 911 - what is your emergency " ?

" help we has a fire @ the new york state prison "

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Let me guess, he said nothing about profit or where the money is going from sales.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Shhhh! It has a pretty floral smell. Smell his finger.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You actually got me laughing out loud at that one!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I was wondering about that too. It says it would be a preferred source meaning there would be no messy contracts to deal with, or something like that. So it makes it more likely that there would be ample profit. It says it costs about $6 to make a gallon. I wonder how much they'll charge.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I know when I think of clean, sanitary and fresh, the first thing I think of is prisoners... NOT

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I don't like him, however, I'll give credit where credit is due.

I mean, aren't we trying to go local anyways? Bring some of that back to the US? If he has a plan to put domestic hands to use at a significant reduction in pay, why not?

Criminals need some recovery to become civilized, why not a work program geared towards domestic items? I think there are some active ones, I haven't checked.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
"NY to use prisoners to make hand sanitizer"

I suppose this will solve overcrowding, but I'm not sure what part of a prisoner can be used to make an effective hand sanitizer? Will they be rendering them down like tallow used in candle making?

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

New York State has Corcraft

By pretty much all accounts it's a helpful thing for inmates to learn skills while incarcerated so they can hopefully find employment upon release.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Lol. Waaayyy back when I was in school still, I was actually good with grammar!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I actually agree with you. I just found it strange that Cuomo decided it was a necessary thing. And I see someone else posted it, but there is a company that oversees the work they do.

Corcraft is the "brand name" for the Division of Correctional Industries, an entity within the NYS Department of Corrections and Community Supervision. Industries uses the manufacturing of products to assist in the department's overall mission to prepare offenders for release through skill development, work ethic, respect and responsibility.

www.corcraft.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

1. Inmates are making hand sanitizer. So what? They make a lot of things.

2. If you knew anything about the prison system anywhere you'd know it's expensive as hell to run. Inmates aren't paid that much because if they were paid more the taxpayers would revolt and bitch about it.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The entire New York prison population passed out drunk tonight......

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
hell Dollar Generals bleach cost half that, i gallon of water half a cup of bleach. your good to go. if you want some smell good in find your favorite scent and add a few drops

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well I hope there's some quality control going on, otherwise there will some extra ingredients in those sanitizer bottles.
edit on 10-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join