It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOW down 2000 pts.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ok, now I also looked at your M1 graph. Please explain to me how the united states prints less money every year when they did 1500B in 2010 and printed 4000B in 2020, having a gradual rise in between.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: eitea
Please explain to me how the united states prints less money every year...

Why would I explain something I didn't claim?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigbrooklyn

Or instead of gold you back it not with the Fed but the USA I agree that the Fed needs to go.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joeshiloh
a reply to: Blue Shift

He seems to have some kind of charm or miracle that follows him.

Well, he's a New Yorker, and if they're not used to it sometimes that brashness will get people moving in one direction or the other. We're tribal animals and like leaders; we want to have a big noisy gorilla in charge. But he can't charm a virus or mock people to get them to stop buying all the toilet paper. So who knows? We'll just have to see how it plays out. Maybe his luck will hold. Maybe this is where it runs out.
edit on 9-3-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

So, and you don't see treasury bills as a form of virtual money that will fuel the markets with illusion of money existing there?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
No doubt....instead of gold perhaps oil...perhaps his reason to ramp it up..oil that is...a reply to: Joeshiloh

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: eitea
So, and you don't see treasury bills as a form of virtual money that will fuel the markets with illusion of money existing there?

No. Currency and bonds are two different things.

link   
a reply to: eitea

I think the chart is money in circulation not whats been made and sitting in investments.

link   
hi, ya'll....i'm a finance seasoned recordsetter....my take

uumm....it's biblical......read that work and be enlightened. that book is from beyond our domain. Italy is on lockdown...

ITALY is on LOCKDOWN

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

But why are both of their value calculated in the form of the money printed?
If I give u 4 carrots, and give you a IOU note that will promise you 3 more carrots in the future, then isn't it actually fueling your expectations to receive carrots and just dealing with the carrots in different forms?
edit on 9-3-2020 by eitea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I think that oil, tech and food production could be wrapped together with gold to base our money and interest on. But don't use the Fed, let the Gov. get the interest payment it would help with the Taxes.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I think that oil, tech and food production could be wrapped together with gold to base our money and interest on. But don't use the Fed, let the Gov. get the interest payment it would help with the Taxes.

However, we've developed a system where money is based on time. Time equals money, literally. And what gives it value is belief that it has value. That somebody wants it. It's a Tinkerbell system. If everybody stopped believing in it, it would die. Then we go back to bartering with live chickens.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Joeshiloh

I think that the whole economy should be used to calculate the value of the currency. Just they should cut back in printing money to the present from the future. That was the last financial crisis in a nutshell. They created unrealistic predictions with the housing market, printed the money for it and when the expected value didn't come, then everyone had a bad time. Proper rules need to be set to keep the financial system more conservative. Gold is not the best thing to tie currency value with, because the market is highly speculative. It means that if you have enough weight to throw the gold market around, then you can also manipulate with the value of the currency. The more factors of the economy you take into account, the more precise will the calculation of value be.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: eitea

I agree that's why, a across the board mix of what we produce would be the foundation.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

a reply to: booyakasha

That's why I'm asking what the bottom of this crisis might be.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

That does represent labor, production is labor.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Yeah, I agree with that vision also. Maybe some complex form of AI will take over the financial system in the future, that will collect all the information on global economy and decide the printing/deleting of money by that so it will keep stable value without intervention of human corruption. We'll see

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

At one time if you charged over 1% interest you were considered criminal and would be sent to jail. They believed that if you did not labor for your income it was criminal to charge over 1% the times have changed. That's why the rich are dominating our politics to screw the laborer.

edit on 9-3-2020 by Joeshiloh because: correction

edit on 9-3-2020 by Joeshiloh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
you're good

originally posted by: visitedbythem

a reply to: booyakasha

That's why I'm asking what the bottom of this crisis might be.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

That does represent labor, production is labor.

Yes. And labor is measured in time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join