It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call of Duty: Warzone Reveal Trailer ... free battle royale game launches Tomorrow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Activition are jumping into the battle royale arena and Call of Duty Warzone is their take on the genre , to announce their arrival they've just released this reveal trailer ,the game offers 150 player Battle Royale matches and there's a Plunder mode.

It's free so it may be worth a look.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Ummm...I didn't think much of these..."free"...games initially...

But I've been playing..."World of Warships"...a freaking lot...and I love it...

I just refrain from any in-game purchasing...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I don't understand the attraction to twitch gaming with mass amounts of other people.

Whether you win or lose, you're still going to lose because someone is gonna act like an a-hole.
edit on 9-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Will there be zombies...?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I haven’t played a video game since super Mario .

I just showed this thread to my grandson and he made me promise to play this with him tomorrow .

I’m going to get cream . 😂

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Don't get me wrong. Games where you play with other people are fun. I just don't like playing so much with strangers. Some gaming communities get downright toxic.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think I misunderstood your question .

Two player game is fine with me.

I’d rather not spend the afternoon on the sofa being called Boomer every third word .

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

The kind of game this is throws you in with a bunch of random strangers and inevitably there will be those who look for ways to be as annoying as possible. They aren't even really trying to win. They're just trying to grief other players to try to keep them from enjoying their own game.

It's those types that keep me from wanting to play in games like this too much.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Just about anywhere you go you’ll find a troll .

But you’re looking at it the wrong way.

Trolls can make you smile .

Right before you push them down the steps .

edit on 9-3-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I’m not into the battle royale deal I like competitive first person shooters and im really into dark souls and racing and fighting games too much to name. I get more annoyed with load times in entering matches with the big scale royale deals then anything. I believe that’s because I’m not on the pc anymore and on console but that’s what I got. I might check this one out though.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

It just brings me down when there's someone who's so clearly doing their best to ruin someone else's day and that's all they think of as "fun".

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I don't understand the attraction to twitch gaming with mass amounts of other people.

Whether you win or lose, you're still going to lose because someone is gonna act like an a-hole.

Better call Bully Hunters

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

If it was in my ear yes it would bother me.

But on the keyboard it’s fun.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

plenty of in-game purchases from the Buy Stations

No Thanks.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Are you able to download it?
I can't.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Here you go....
Just for you.

Super Bernie World
Super Bernie World with Vermont special cheese...
I saw this and just had to have it.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

What was your take on the game after giving it a wirl?

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

TBH I haven't played it yet , I see many reports of cheaters so having suffered that in PUBG I'll wait for them to sort the problems out.

I don't play many online games , currently replaying The Witcher 3 + expansions.
So nice to be back in Temeria although being weak as a kitten Geralt is hard to get used to.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I'm the inverse, online only lol. The more competitive the better. I liked PUBG a lot, and when I get bored, rocket league is my back burner game of choice. I'll occasionally take breaks with looter shooters.

I haven't touched a COD game in over five years, but it was free so I figured I'd give it a shot. After the frustration of getting the mechanics down in the midst of players who had been at the game for a while I was pleasantly surprised. They did a good job of making a battle royal while making it their own.

I booted up PUBG the other day just to see the new updates... All my settings were restored to default from the update 🙄, and they put bots into the game.

It's ironic though... Did an interview for softball with Augy and was ironically playing the part of a millennial saying I play COD all the time even though I hadn't in years.... Then they release a free BR and my state went on lockdown. Funny how things will go fill circle out of nowhere.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
*standard disclaimer for me, I work for the B part of AB so nothing I say is an official company statement.

Warzone is actually doing pretty well but like any game , jumping in late has its disadvantages.
In general reviews have seen the game as a good thing in the battle royal realm.

www.digitaltrends.com...

As for trolls..Unless you are playing a single player offline game you are getting trolls at some point because that is a function of people being involved and not the game.

Entering and winning SF2 tournaments back in the South Jersey Malls 15-20 years ago, yah..trolls there.

Diablo 1-3 , EQ, EQ2, WoW, Battlefield, CoD, Dark Souls, SOCOM 1 and 2 (damn fun() any game that had an online component over the past 25 years...all had people that trolled because again, that's a human trait and not game code.

edit on 4-5-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join