It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pied Piper Warren Buffet Leads Investor Withdrawal From Canada Gas Project

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'm sure this is a deliberate ploy. He's going to benefit somehow by setting the example and encouraging other investors to abandon ship.

Warren Buffett and his Berkshire Hathaway investment company have reportedly decided against investing $4 billion in a proposed liquefied natural gas (LNG) project in Quebec, Kallanish Energy learns.

The company cited what it called political instability tied to rail blockades and demonstrations across Canada over a natural gas pipeline protest that originated in British Columbia. That has left investors nervous and wary.
www.kallanishenergy.com...

For many decades the fossil fuel salesmen have been pushing the 'time's running out!' line.

“The start of the construction phase cannot be delayed without significantly affecting the project schedule,” said Gazoduq
www.naturalgasintel.com...

I have a feeling the whole industry is set for a downturn.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

It is actually because Canada's current political atmosphere is making it really difficult to be in the oil industry.

Blame liberal policies, not the investors.

On the other hand, I last year bought 7 nice compressor units from Saskatchewan at about 50% off, saving me roughly $800k.

So thier policies are great for me...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I dream of the day when hundreds of us go to Ottawa and "take care" of the Liberal dictatorship issue.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Oil is not going anywhere anytime soon.

That being said, Canada's current idiot minister is making it difficult to recoup investments.
He is only hurting Canada down the line by insisting on stupid green policies.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Yeah this is more on Trudeau's Oil/ Environmental Policy than the Current Hurricane on the Oil market.

Canadians voted to keep him in power. This what you get.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Actually, more than 200,000 more votes were for Conservatives. But because the system is rigged to favor the east, we get shafted regardless of the numbers.

Voting does not work. What comes next? Forced removal and or violence.

War never changes.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

One of the biggest reasons I like the electoral system. It keeps the coasts from owning every election.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

They will never change it, either. Many of us have complained about this system. But whatever - The fallout is on them.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

That being said, Canada's current idiot minister is making it difficult to recoup investments.

Understatement....Trudeau is completely tanking Canada.....worst PM ever

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

My customers that deal with Canada would agree.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Dbl
edit on 9-3-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

Understatement....Trudeau is completely tanking Canada.....worst PM ever

I am currently on a wellsite in North Dakota talking to an engineer I flew down from Alberta to work on one of my compressors.

He's been in the industry for about 30 years and completely agrees with you.

He says that Alberta will never recover from the dreaded Trudeau.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
I'm sure this is a deliberate ploy. He's going to benefit somehow .

Of course

Via Berkshire Hathaway, the two-face bastard Buffet owns controlling interest in the BNSF railway which carries LNG and oil in tank cars...scumbag....

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz
Via Berkshire Hathaway, the two-face bastard Buffet owns controlling interest in the BNSF railway which carries LNG and oil in tank cars...scumbag....

They actually own 100% of the entire system.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

One of the biggest reasons I like the electoral system. It keeps the coasts from owning every election.

I've actually heard people who have spent their entire lives in one of the big cities or have recently moved out of them complain that it's not fair that rural America gets to decide how those who live in the city have to live.

They complain and say that their votes should have higher priority. These people don't care about anyone who lives in the vast majority of America. They only care about their urban bubbles.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Alberta is a banana republic.

Trudeau authorized the purchase of the keystone pipeline and expanding the energy sector. Buffet withdrew his investment because of the current stock market situation, and what happened with the rail protests showing weakness.

This isn't the liberal governments fault, this is Alberta's problem for not willing to grow outside of oil and gas. But of course as usual Alberta plays the victim card instead of owning up to their own downfall.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I know. The Conservatives need to win an outright Majority in Parliment.

Trudeau can wear Brownface and Do a Highschool girl when he was a Teacher, and still he gets to form the Government.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Alberta is a banana republic.

Trudeau authorized the purchase of the keystone pipeline and expanding the energy sector. Buffet withdrew his investment because of the current stock market situation, and what happened with the rail protests showing weakness.

This isn't the liberal governments fault, this is Alberta's problem for not willing to grow outside of oil and gas. But of course as usual Alberta plays the victim card instead of owning up to their own downfall.

So Alberta is not a part of Canada?

It was when I lived there.

When did the separation happen?

And why does Alberta need to "grow outside" of their natural resources?

I'm personally torn on the issue.

On the one hand, I love Alberta and British Columbia... they were the provinces I grew up in.

On the other hand, your black-faced crying boi who runs Canada has made things that I need to make a lot of money in America a whole lot cheaper for me to buy.

Decisions, decisions...

A fun fact.

Your government going batsnip crazy on environmental issues to the point that they are killing off the economies of Provinces that are not Ontario has made me more than enough money to afford the insane property taxes I now have to pay on my lake house outside of 100 Mile House BC.

So a win-win for a dual citizen who chose to be American.

edit on 9-3-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Why are we importing foreign Saudi oil if we don't need it and Alberta has contributed a lot to the rest of Canada. If Wexit actually happens it will mostly be the fault of Turdeau and his idiot cronies and the rest of Canada will be in big trouble if Alberta and Sasketchewan go. He is the worst PM in Canadian history and is already proven to be corrupt through his dealings with SNC lavelin to "save jobs" and he has no problem chasing billions in investment away from Canada into the arms of places with less ethics and human rights.
Living in Alberta I have never heard so many people talking about separation than there is now and I would have laughed at the idea a year ago but now not so much.
Oil aside this liberal government is devoid of brain cells and causing a lot of division through inaction, they blatantly lie, actually wanted to have government regulated news and all around are taking Canada down in living standards.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp
The Buffet project was in Quebec. The rail lines were "weak" "because Trudeau has weaponized green anarchy. The natives also blockaded the rail to support more natives protesting an approved lng project in BC. Trudeau shut down Alberta with various Bills he passed and constantly changing goalposts so projects got abandoned after millions of dollars and years of regulatory hoops were jumped through. Recently Teck mines and Energy East. He had to buy Trans Mountain because the Liberals yet again changed the goals posts and no doubt they were going to sue them
Trudeau is destroying Canada and has turned it into a gongshow

top topics

<<   2 >>

join