It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking its time to dabble in the markets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TodoMedio
a reply to: Wardaddy454

One thing to consider (which I don't think you covered in this post) is what your timeframe is for these investments.

I don't really know. I was kinda leaning towards a buy and forget it mentality.

I went the dividend route for awhile, but you really need about a 20k minimum investment for it to have an impact. However....there are some stocks that pay monthly dividends, and it's kinda fun to get that "paycheck" every month. Best of luck with whatever you decide!

Yeah I read something to that effect. Who knows, maybe in 20 years or so some of these investments will pay out nice enough to put the money into the dividend route.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Markets haven't even come close to their lows yet. If the country shuts down they'll shut down the markets too. When it reopens it's going to drop. The government will be forced to take action with bailouts. Buy in before the bailouts take place.

They haven't announced any corrective action yet because they're wait to see what happens. They'll need a damage assessment before they announce bailouts. This is only the tip of the iceberg it's only going to get worse.

Experts are throwing numbers around that 100,000,000 people could get infected or 40%-60% of the population. The government is going to be forced to do mandatory quarantines of large areas.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Markets haven't even come close to their lows yet. If the country shuts down they'll shut down the markets too. When it reopens it's going to drop. The government will be forced to take action with bailouts. Buy in before the bailouts take place.

They haven't announced any corrective action yet because they're wait to see what happens. They'll need a damage assessment before they announce bailouts. This is only the tip of the iceberg it's only going to get worse.

Experts are throwing numbers around that 100,000,000 people could get infected or 40%-60% of the population. The government is going to be forced to do mandatory quarantines of large areas.

We'll see. The CDC estimated over 1 million infected with swine flu, between the first official case on April 15 2009 to June 25th 2009. We seem to be doing a lot better this time around. And we didn't shut anything down or suspend sports.
edit on 14-3-2020 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: wantsome

We'll see. The CDC estimated over 1 million infected with swine flu, between the first official case on April 15 2009 to June 25th 2009. We seem to be doing a lot better this time around. And we didn't shut anything down or suspend sports.
Sorry man didn't see your reply until now. The problem is this isn't a flu. Our bodies have adapted to the flu over time since the dawn of man. What makes this virus so dangerous our immune systems have never seen anything like it. In France half of the people that get CV under age 60 are under intensive care. This is more like a viral pneumonia that spreads like the flu. I got pneumonia in 2003 in my mid 20's and it almost killed me. It left scars on my lungs. I never want to experience anything like that again. I'm 44 and any mention of a pneumonia like illness with no treatment put the fear of god into me. Scaring your lungs and losing 20% of your lung capacity won't kill you but it won't be a stroll in the park either.

The CDC said 100,000,000 in America could catch this. The American medical association said 2/3 of the country. One guy in NY was responsible for 80 people catching it. The way they know is virus' pick up our DNA and we can trace them back to their origin. A lot has changed over the past couple of days since I made my original post. This situation is still unfolding. This virus is gonna have to run it's course. It could be six months it could be a year.

I watched my grandmothers 401k in 2008. Prior to the market imploding she had $500,000 in stocks. Her 401k was making $100 a day. After the market crashed her stocks were were $50k. She bailed on the market because she didn't think she'd live long enough to see it come back.

With all the closures we're still a long way off from the bottom. Keep an eye on Crystler GM and Ford. They're gonna shut down eventually. When they re open that's when things might go on the upswing with the economy.

Of course at this point it's all conjecture. We don't have enough information about what is going to happen long term. This is only the beginning.
edit on 17-3-2020 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join