It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trevor Phillips suspended from Labour over Islamophobia allegations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Scouse100

I'm not sure if you know how the party works?

What i do know is that " Momentum " is a seperate orginisation that works within The Labour Party. Much the same as Militant Tendency did back in the 1980's.

Momentum is a British left-wing[4] political organisation,[5] founded in 2015 by Jon Lansman, Adam Klug, Emma Rees and James Schneider. It has been described as a grassroots movement supportive of Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party.[6][7][8] The current officers of Momentum Campaign (Services) Ltd are:[9] Lansman, Sam Tarry MP, Mossley Hill Councillor Elizabeth Hayden,[10] solicitor Anthony Kearns,[11] and Professor Cecile Wright of the University of Nottingham

en.wikipedia.org...(organisation)

Momentum needs to be thrown out of The Labour Party and quickly.

There are numerous organisations within the Labour Party (e.g. Progress, Labour First) are you going to insist they are all thrown out? Momentum is a network of Labour members quite unlike Militant in organisation and with a different approach. Meetings are broad in opinion and encourage grass roots involvement and campaigning.You might be surprised if you went along to one.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: Scouse100

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Freeborn

The Labour Party - or maybe more accurately Momentum, the group that now controls The Labour Party

It seems like a re-run of " Militant Tendency " and their activities in The Labour Party in the early 1980's

I'm not sure if you know how the party works? Members vote for the leader and NEC reps. Policy is set a conference by members. Members go to meetings and vote for their role holders. It's not some hostile takeover, the party has become more open, meetings better attended and debate opened up.

This Party bureaucracy led the party to an absolutely humiliating defeat.

A glass of water could've defeated Boris Johnson. Very easily.

1. Abandon the anti-democratic remain stance, since labour voters in traditional labour seats voted to leave overwhelmingly.

2. Point out the disastrous state of the NHS after a decade of Tory rule.

3. Mention the rising use of food banks and other examples of poverty amongst the working class.

4. Make light of the countless violations of labour rights allowed under the Tory Government leading to lower pay, less employee benefits and other general exploitation.

5. Make policy that would address these issues.

Instead the Party decided to badger on about overturning a democratic referendum, moaning about a fictional gender wage gap that only exists in the mind of Guardian writers, and free broadband for all. Amazing.

The democratic structure I described is the opposite of bureaucracy.

To answer your points:

1. Agree and it was largely the centre of the party that dragged Corbyn to adopt the unpopular 2nd ref stance.

2,3,4 and 5 were relentlessly persued but in order for people to know that we would have to have a media willing to report on those issues. Do you think perception of what the party does rather than what it actually does might be an issue?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Despite being more or less a lifelong Labour voter in the last General Election after much soul searching I voted for an Independent candidate.

The incumbent Labour MP was actually a very good constituency MP but she did everything within her power to derail Brexit despite the constituency voted quite overwhelmingly for Brexit.
Added to this there was the danger that by re-electing her we were contributing to Corbyn getting into Downing Street, a prospect I had no enthusiasm for.

Yet I could not bring myself to vote for the Conservative Party candidate who I felt had no redeeming features or his party which I have no particular liking for whatsoever.

People had/have genuine fears about Corbyn. They weren't a result of some MSM campaign against him, they were a result of his own failings.

This was all done to death during the election campaign and I made my own personal feelings and reasonings perfectly clear on more than several occassions.

Corbyn's election as Labour leader and Labour's adoption of some of its more unpopular policies was a direct result of the influence Momentum has in the Labour Party.

I have since spoken to my local ex-MP and over a drink she confirmed that she had been threatened with de-selection if she spoke out too much and too loudly against Labour policy and Corbyn's leadership.
That is not the way The Labour Party used to be ran.
Momentum has a stranglehold on both policy and MP selection.
Many of these run contrary to the wishes and interests of vast numbers of traditional core Labour supporters.

You may not recognise and acknowledge that.....but it doesn't make it any less true.

And its no less true that Labour panders to any and every known minority and special interest group whilst ignoring its core vote resulting in working class people the length and breadth of the UK, but particularly in areas that are historically Labour heartlands, feeling completely alienated and disenfranchised.

Again, I don't expect you to agree or even understand that.
edit on 9/3/20 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Very regrettable. He is the chair of the free speech group the Index on Censorship. Here he is getting censored.

But if he’s getting kicked out of a party for what appears to be fairly innocent speech about a particular religion, it’s the party’s problem, not his. And it’s not for any direct transgression. He was removed “in review of the urgency to protect the Party’s reputation”.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CitizenZero

Any criticism or negative observation about any part of that certain religion is immediately demonised as 'racism' by Momentum controlled Labour despite the previous standing or credentials of the person accused.

Quite the contrast to allegations of anti-Semitism.

Trevor Phillips has worked long and hard for equality and against all forms of racism.....and he has at least tried to take a balanced and reasoned approach recognising that there are also problems that need addressing within Black and Muslim communities.

That runs contrary to the PC driven, hyper sensitive snowflake politics that is The Labour Party today.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Listen, I agree with you about the Brexit policy but I don't agree that it was Momentum that forced that, as far as I could see that position was forced moreso by the centre/right of the party.

For all the 'deselection' uproar do you know many MPs were actually 'deselected' during the pre election trigger ballots? You sound like a guy who values democracy, surely you agree that in a democraric party members should be able to choose their representative and it should not be a job for life? I am a great proponent of open selection for increased democratic accountability and to encourage talent from the grass roots to come through without having to negatively campaign against the standing candidate.

And by the way when the right were in charge the left were marginalised for years and candidtaes parachuted in all over the shop.

I keep hearing the same terms used such as stranglehold but at the end of the day the members get to vote, it's called democracy. Too often people who aren't used to that, don't like being held to account or don't like the outcome call it something else.

Momentum was set up after Corbyn's election so could not have been instrumental and again the membership as a whole make policy democratically.

Brexit aside I do find it incredibly difficult to understand how a lifelong Labour voter could perform any action that would help put a Tory in number 10 (even if you dislike Corbyn).

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Once again the politically correct IDIOT crowd are winning over the right's of the mainstream.

Why can't we speak the simple truth about Islam, why because there are so many of them living in our country today and we dare not offend them, it's fine to attack Christian's, Christian faith, Abolish Christian Right's etc but to do so to Muslim's oh no.

I mean it's not like there prophet married a six year old child and revisionist muslim's try to make out she as anything from 16 to 24 and not actually six, it's not like he had sex with her and all her hair fell out from this child abuse trauma so it did not grow back again until she was 9 now is it - oh sorry it actually is like he did that AND had a woman called um kirfa raped to death or nearly to death, tied between camal's and pulled apart and had her head handed to him as a trophy while giving her child daugher to his uncle as a PLAYTHING.

All written up in there earliest version's of there sura's.

But you see there are now that many Muslims that have infiltrated the Labour party - AND THE CONSERVATIVES but to a lesser extend so far - that it has become acceptable to them to hate Jews but not Muslim's and any labour party member that still hold's to the truth is therefore not acceptable.

But what is the truth, well the truth is that Islamic people's - converts and tirbal migration - have been at war and slaughtering Christian's, Jew's, Hindu's, Buddhists, Zoroastrian's etc for nearly 1400 years now, they have shown incredible intollerace in that time toward these other faith's and indeed enshrine that intollerace within there now legally untouchable religion as they do also slavery which is a right under Shariah Law and also Rape and many other actually vile and evil practices.
en.wikipedia.org...
Perhaps ten's of millions but DEFINITELY millions of Christian's alone not counting those other faith's have been murdered by Islam in that period, raped, enslaved and forcibly converted to it's hate filled and lying religion.

That is a weirdly long youtube url so incase it does not embed here is the direct full link.
www.youtube.com...

So if a man speak's his mind he is out, that is not labour, that is not even democratic that is a terrorist organisaton that has seized control of the Labour movement from within like a cancer.

Labour began with men speaking there mind's, asking for right's for the British working class not for migrant's from other places, Labour if it continues down this path deserves to die, we need a NEW REAL Labour party that BRITISH minded people of all creed's can believe in again and vote for with confidence that it will put BRITISH values first while caring for our people.

But a lot of this corruption starts were the young are, those are the one's that have been brainwashed into attacking men for speaking there own mind's and most every single one of those is a pure hypocrite, they are like American TV pastors', do what I say not what I do.

I hope this guy is exonerated but if not that a NEW and REAL Labour party is born out of this and that the diseased carcass that used to be Labour is washed away before it does any more harm.

And you know me, I am politically left leaning, I do not like the Tory party one bit but this problem inside what is left of the Labour party is getting beyond ridiculous and the party has become an insult to it's founders.

edit on 9-3-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I, like millions others, viewed Corbyn being elected Prime Minister as the most disastrous thing that could have happened to this country.
We all had our reasons for thinking that and it was debated long and hard here on ATS and in 'real life' countless times.

For all that I am leftist leaning on social and domestic issues I also have strong opinions regarding security and well being of this nation.
I am not anti-immigration but I passionately oppose open door immigration and free movement.

I could rattle on but my grandson wants to beat me up on Super Smash Brothers Ultimate.....don't ask.

The original point is that The Labour Party currently tolerates absolutely no variation from the party line and is actively discouraging serious, honest and open discussions on serious issues in order to pander to various minority and special interest groups.
It is excluding some great servants for having the temerity to voice their opinion and is branding them them with labels like 'racist', 'Islamaphobe' etc.
It has lost its way and has deserted those who it once served so well and passionately.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Always sort of liked Tony Parsons, he tends to tell it like he see's it.
As with everyone I don't agree with everything he says but he's certainly passionate and believe's in what he says.

I tend to agree with him here;

Labour gangs up on Trev

ANTI-RACISM veteran Trevor Phillips has been warned that he faces expulsion from Labour for what the party calls Islamophobia but what most of us would see as speaking the unvarnished truth.

Labour is furious with Phillips, a former chairman of the Equality And Human Rights Commission, for expressing legitimate concerns about so many grooming gangs being of Pakistani descent.

Labour are saying that anti-racism veteran Trevor Phillips is an Islamophobe

If Labour had two brain cells to rub together, it would not be kicking out a man like Trevor Phillips.
it would be begging him to lead the party.

www.thesun.co.uk...

Scroll down the page to find the relevant section.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
The modern labour party seems fanatically dedicated to ensuring this country is ruled by the Tories for decades to come.

Pandering to special interest groups is a recipe for electoral disaster. The Party either needs to purge itself of Momentum, or it will die.

there will be no party in 45 days
there is no disceplene on the streets there
that means total destruction to its society

sorry about the bad news
but have you every read about the ghettos in Chicago how the gangs control the turf, there will be no political turf in your country to look up to
its a pandemic of unknown proportions
people are too worried about buying toilet paper to wipe their stupid assesss of right now

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Absolute and utter bollocks.

First of all; where is the relevance with The Labour Party threatening to expel Trevor Phillips and your post?

And where is the evidence that;

there will be no party in 45 days
there is no disceplene on the streets there

On what basis do you allege that?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join