It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Cannot Escape the Coronavirus — Get Over It

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Everything you said is 100% true.

Another thing is that covid-19 doesnt just kill old people. Older people are more susceptible yes. But this is to be expected as with most all diseases like you said. Covid-19 does in fact kill younger people too albeit at a lower rate. And as you pointed out, they act like old people dont matter, like they dont know someone that is old. Many people are in for a rude awakening on a very bad day real soon.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Bird Flu, Swine Flu, SARS, the latest in a long line of non stories avidly eaten up by a news-hungry media.

This time next year we'll have forgotten about it.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: markovian

Welcome to tourism it must be your first ride on this rollercoaster

Almost 5 years now.

People are dumb! What’s the difference in getting the virus at home — or on a vacation? Might as well enjoy yourself and take the vacation. Just cancel your China plans. Who wants to go there in the first place?

The difference is, on a cruise ship or in a plane, you are in close contact with strangers sharing air and surfaces. At home you are not.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

At some point, every one of us will come in contact with this virus. The people that are healthy will have nothing to fear. The people that aren’t — only have a max 14% fatality rate. These people could die from anything at any time.

Some perspective for you, you have about the same odds playing Russian roulette with an old six shooter (16.59% change of a live round being fired). Think about that for a second... would you honestly recommend someone play Russian roulette based on the odds alone?
edit on 10-3-2020 by looneylupinsrevenge because: Reasons

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Lots freaking out at the office, on public transit, in streets... a reply to: LookingAtMars

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: looneylupinsrevenge

At some point, every one of us will come in contact with this virus. The people that are healthy will have nothing to fear. The people that aren’t — only have a max 14% fatality rate. These people could die from anything at any time.

Some perspective for you, you have about the same odds playing Russian roulette with an old six shooter (16.59% change of a live round being fired). Think about that for a second... would you honestly recommend someone play Russian roulette based on the odds alone?

I already am rolling the dice. I have not changed my habits whatsoever. I have not purchases more toilet paper — don’t need it now.

Business as usual. And I will be here to tell you all about it in a year. Laughing at all those that panicked over this crap.

This virus is nothing more than fear mongering hype.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Business as usual. And I will be here to tell you all about it in a year. Laughing at all those that panicked over this crap. 

You find it funny to spread the virus around and laughing as you go...

This virus is nothing more than fear mongering hype. Ok, each to the own...

Yeah, the whole world is implicit in maintaining a hoax, ok so lets go with this theory, can you just explain why you think the whole world is perpetuating this hoax, to what end ?
edit on 12-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I'll be in Washington shortly so I guess I'll see for myself how serious it is. So far, I'm not too concerned. It sounds like a very aggressive flu strain to me.

A website that tracks the global infection/death rate daily:

worldometers

And an article comparing the flu to coronavirus:

How does the flu compare to the coronavirus

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: looneylupinsrevenge

By choice? No. But your comment makes it sound like you think there's a choice involved. There isn't.

This thing is here. Reality ... is.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Honestly, that poster hasn't put together a single logically consistent thought on this at all.

Just goes from thread to thread shaming people into his idiotic view making himself feel better about his irresponsibility

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Honestly, that poster hasn't put together a single logically consistent thought on this at all.

Just goes from thread to thread shaming people into his idiotic view making himself feel better about his irresponsibility

Irresponsibility is crashing our economy over a virus that professional basketball players can play a 3 hour game while they have it. That’s right, Rudy was going to play in the Wednesday game, before they canceled it.

My son was one of the 60,000,000 that contracted H1N1. Thankfully, he wasn’t one of the 17,000 that died in the US. That epidemic was far worse than this one. Yet it was still overhyped. Which puts Coronavirus in the astronomically overhyped category. Once you’ve been through it — you don’t buy into the hype anymore.

Have you ever been through it? Or do you just show up spouting crap that you know nothing about?

Go hoard your toilet paper. I’ll still be here laughing in a month when this starts going away. And all you’re left with is a 10 year supply of TP.

Of coarse, when this blows over, and we are looking back in hindsight, seeing the overhyped hysteria that was pushed on us — will you admit you were wrong? I doubt it. You’ll just say you were prepared.

I will state this, if I turn out to be wrong, and this turns out to be as bad as they are fearing us to believe, I WILL admit to being wrong.

At this point, staying positive is all we have. If you live your life in fear, that’s exactly what you’ll get.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

that professional basketball players can play a 3 hour game while they have it.

Professional basketball players are in the top 0.1% of human health performance. They are not the people at risk. It's all the people they spread it to.

That’s right, Rudy was going to play in the Wednesday game, before they canceled it.

Yes, follow the example of an idiot who deliberately took a cavalier attitude toward the virus. You need to read about what that idiot actually did to the press pool and his teammates. The fact that you are using him as a positive example to bolster your asinine "argument" says everything I need to know.

My son was one of the 60,000,000 that contracted H1N1. Thankfully, he wasn’t one of the 17,000 that died in the US. That epidemic was far worse than this one. Yet it was still overhyped. Which puts Coronavirus in the astronomically overhyped category. Once you’ve been through it — you don’t buy into the hype anymore.

This isn't H1N1. What you call over-hyped people with an actual education call caution. There are measures in place, procedures, and policies specifically because diseases can be extremely deadly and virulent. The Spanish Flu of 1918 is thought to have killed upward of 100 million people. We haven't had anything that virulent and deadly in over a century. COVID-19 is a serious disease and with deadly consequences. Stop listening to idiot basketball players and start listening to people educated in this.

Have you ever been through it? Or do you just show up spouting crap that you know nothing about?

I understand the procedures involved and why the response is the way it is. Humans have come a long way in developing defenses against diseases, however, viruses have been particularly difficult to deal with. For all of our efforts, we have precious few under control with vaccines.

Go hoard your toilet paper. I’ll still be here laughing in a month when this starts going away. And all you’re left with is a 10 year supply of TP.

I'm not the type to panic buy or panic sell. I'm always prepared for what I believe to be likely threats to my life or that of my family.

Of coarse, when this blows over, and we are looking back in hindsight, seeing the overhyped hysteria that was pushed on us — will you admit you were wrong? I doubt it. You’ll just say you were prepared.

No amount of circuitous self-aggrandizing will inject consistent logic into your arguments.

You're either prepared or you aren't. I am.

I will state this, if I turn out to be wrong, and this turns out to be as bad as they are fearing us to believe, I WILL admit to being wrong.

I don't care that you're wrong. I care that you're trying to browbeat others into being wrong with you.

At this point, staying positive is all we have. If you live your life in fear, that’s exactly what you’ll get.

Fear is a response built into our biology by evolution. We can temper fear with knowledge, experience, and PREPARATION. The other option is to do nothing at all and just dodge the bullets using poorly calculated probability stemming from the dumb-ass basketball player theorem.
edit on 3 14 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I’m not going to argue with you. The point of me bringing up the basketball player is obvious.

The man supposedly contracted the virus a couple days prior. Yet he felt perfectly fine to play in the most rigorous sport there is.

I applaud you for being prepared. However, this pendulum swings both ways. Just as much as you think I’m stupid for not believing I need to hoard everything in my path. And subsequently, not encouraging others to do so.

I think it’s stupid to encourage everyone to do so. It depletes every one of our needed resources. While a few, have them all stockpiled in their basement.

I’ve seen a lot of preppers making comments like “Everyone thought I was stupid all these years for prepping. What do you think of me now”.

That’s the slippery slope you’re on. Is this all about being right, for prepping all these years? Proving the naysayers wrong? This is a pretty sh!tty way to vindicate yourself.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Yep and hes not alone there either, it seems were in for a wild ride over the next few months.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Wrong.

If this turns out to be nothing, I have taco Tuesday supplies.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
The difference is, on a cruise ship or in a plane, you are in close contact with strangers sharing air and surfaces. At home you are not.

Now that you mentioned it, the case of the Diamond Princess cruise ship is extremely relevant since it was a closed loop - we know how many people, who they were, how long they were in close contact, and the outcomes...

According to the above study, the CFR is about 0.5%:

"Enter the Diamond Princess cruise ship. Quarantined at sea off Japan after a passenger tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, the ship became a natural data lab where nearly everyone was tested and few cases of infection were missed.

Infections and deaths onboard suggest that the disease’s true fatality ratio in China is about 0.5 percent, though that number may vary from place to place, researchers report March 9 in a paper posted at MedRxiv.org."

and

"As of February 20, tests of most of the 3,711 people aboard the Diamond Princess confirmed that 634, or 17 percent, had the virus; 328 of them did not have symptoms at the time of diagnosis. Of those with symptoms, the fatality ratio was 1.9 percent, Russell and colleagues calculate. Of all infected, that ratio was 0.91 percent. Those 70 and older were most vulnerable, with an overall fatality ratio of about 7.3 percent."

So, yes, it is bad, but no, it isn't bad enough to justify destroying the worlds economy for a year or three.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join