It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US producing lethal chemical weapons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
hi, this is my first post as i am new to the board. i am an undergrad polisci/pro writing major from Toronto. US attempts at weaponizing pharmaceuticals, namely fentanyl and its derivatives to create a 'calmative' agent and how these attempts violate the CWC have been under publicized but none the less publicized as of late. However, I have heard a rumour that if true would be the gravest US breach of the CWC. Although the US is disposing of its unitary chemical weapons stockpile under the CWC treaty, the military industrial complex is involved in a covert program to produce and stockpile a much smaller amount of VX and sarin nerve agent in order to retain the capability to launch a lethal chemical strike if need be. Production facilities in some cases are located in other countries then the agents are shipped into the US, similar to how US sends terror suspects to places like Egypt and Syria for 'interrogation'. Stockpiling and in some cases testing of the agents in new delivery devices is taking place in a few bases across the US, most likely the Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah being one such base, which would correlate with the planned expansion of the base w/o any formal reasons for the land grab by the military. Has anyone heard anything of the like?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Is it illegal? I know that the usage is absolutely illegal, but of course thats pretty much meaningless. And I'd guess that offesive and defensive programs would be illegal too.

BUt what about 'research' production? The US has a healthy biowarfare program even tho they are just as banned as chemical weapons.

apc

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
In my opinion all our (US) treaties and agreements are meaningless. Our government will do what they want, when they want, and the rest of the world will just accept it. They might b!tch about it here and there (*cough* France *cough*) but the majority will just admit they can't do anything about it and won't bother trying. Is our government guilty of countless treaty violations? Absolutely. Is anyone going to do anything about it? Of course not.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
In my opinion all our (US) treaties and agreements are meaningless. Our government will do what they want, when they want, and the rest of the world will just accept it. They might b!tch about it here and there (*cough* France *cough*) but the majority will just admit they can't do anything about it and won't bother trying. Is our government guilty of countless treaty violations? Absolutely. Is anyone going to do anything about it? Of course not.

And thats exactly why I think they have no right to bitch about Iraq, NK etc having WMD as the US proabaly has more chemical and biological weapons than the rest of the world combined..

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
i dont know dude. but i can guarantee that we do have chemical weapons and i can guarantee you that we are coming up with new chemical weapons also. just put it this way, anything that is illegal, the government probably does without hesitating.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The british, after all, invented VX gas. Infact, I don't think that the rogue states that might use chemical weapons have actually invented any of their own.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Not only are we producing lethal chemical weapons, we are also producing non-lethal, aphrodisiacs.

"Now known as the "sex bomb," or in saucier headlines, the "gay bomb," scientists considered developing a chemical weapon with aphrodisiac qualities that would make enemy soldiers hopelessly, physically attractive to one another so as to paralyze their ranks and destroy morale."

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It's not not a question of wheter the U.S. is producing chemical weapons...I feel that the real questions asked should be what chemicals are being produced at what quanities, where are they being stockpiled & stored, and what future purpose are they being produced & stockpiled for??

Why produce them at all in quantity if there wasn't some plan to use them already formulated and the means to have them dispensed to effect the desired ends??

Just exactly what country is equiped with the worlds largest stockpile of 'weapons of mass destruction'??
Oh...the same country that places bans & sanctions on other countries that have them that don't follow its wishes, plans, & policies.

Is this REALLY the American way??

Don't forget that we (the U.S.) is also the country with the largest per-capita population of prison inmates and felons in the world. And we also have the most prisons. What does that tell you about "The land of the free"?...

T.S.

new topics

top topics

join