It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Boomer-Be-Gone" What if Covid-19 was designed to eliminate an entire generation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikemp44

It's being blown up because it's been politicized to the fullest, IMO.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikemp44
a reply to: Blue Shift

You make a good point, but if they used Red Bull to spread the benign virus, building immunity....

Also ramen noodles.
edit on 6-3-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

What is SO special about this virus that it's harming the world economy? 

Because it's basically shut down China for Few months now. Just wait for ripple effect of that.

And it has turned traveling by plane or crusie ship a risky proposition.

It's scary, but most of us will survive this.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Yes that is definitely part of it, but I can't see any political party benefiting from this in the long run. Politicians need their donors, and if businesses are failing the impact will last years. Nobody will have the money to donate.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Oh it's already here. In Miami the port is going nuts with the schedule changes. They schedule cargo ships YEARS sometimes in advance...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Well in the US, the news is busy saying Trump called it a hoax as it spells imminent doom. But he didn't, and we might be up to 100 infected now, out of 330,000,000. They think they can defeat him by politicizing it.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

That's exactly what conversation me and the missus has just had. Finishing them off because they're costing to much money meaning health care and pensions...🤔

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

It seems to be hitting the urban areas...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
As a boomer, we were told that SS would not be around for us either. That is used on every generation. Older bodies are just more tired so the fight is harder on us.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Most Boomers worked all their lives paying SS taxes the government spent it faster than collected now it's time to pay the Boomers and there is no money to do so because of all the handouts to those who did not contribute a much as they were given. I started working when I was 14 until I turned 65. The only time I never worked was at the end of the Carter recession.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXTriker
As a boomer, we were told that SS would not be around for us either. That is used on every generation. Older bodies are just more tired so the fight is harder on us.

We also over the years tend to decrease our exposure to other people who are sick, unlike children for instance who go to school and are slathered with nasty viruses they survive and become immune to. So older people naturally become less immune to things as time goes on.

As I've said before, grandchildren kill vulnerable grandparents with their freshly-acquired diseases. Circle of life, and all that.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Since we lost the greatest generation in the naughts to twenty teens, boomers just follow naturally ... or perhaps hurried by hook and crook off stage left by biological (and bioillogical) warfare.

Time is the worst killer of all and on a long enough time line... .

But yeah .. . the Nazi-esque "Logan's Run" carousal has been evilly dancing around the campfire's perimeter for many decades.

Whatcha gonna choose? The cold hard (but definitely massaged) "facts" of economics or basic human dignity and kindness, forgetting it's not an either/ or deal?

Ok Boomer, time to take your vit c or make room (make room). Soylent Green ain't people... it's think tanks and AI~

~Apologies, on vaca, self quarantined (as usual) and doing afternoon shots ~

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

What is SO special about this virus that it's harming the world economy? 

Because it's basically shut down China for Few months now. Just wait for ripple effect of that.

And it has turned traveling by plane or crusie ship a risky proposition.

It's scary, but most of us will survive this.

Not to mention, no one wants to take the chance of catching this virus since it's got a skull and bones as a label.

When most of us think of the flu, we think... What a horrible sickness to go through. It really hurts. We don't think of it killing us, just beating us down like a crazy person. We know it has a 'possibility' of death associated with it but we never think it would do that to us....

On the other hand... This Wuhan Flu was labeled death from the start and along with death, a maddening, quickly spread virus that came from nowhere and suddenly infected thousands in one day (the day it broke on the news).

All of that considered, people don't want any part of this virus. Not because it has a small chance of killing them but the impression that if you catch it, you're going to die like all of those people in china.

Lack of information and understanding is the bad guy here. The more we know, the less we still don't know and no one wants to tell us enough of anything much less the truth. Pretty much everything out there contradicts someone else's narrative. It's like no one knows a damn thing and we're all just guessing while it knocks us down one by one with haste.

THATs why it's affecting the world markets.

I bought a Valentines gift for a very close, longtime, dear friend of mine. It came almost a month late because it came from China. The seller told me the flu is what was causing the delay. When it finally arrived, the USPS person chunked the box in her bushes. She found it, saw it was from China and threw it in her trash, touching it as little as possible. When I mentioned it, she said since it was from China, it's staying in that trash ben for 2 weeks. THEN she would prep it with disinfectant and enjoy the gift.

Talk about a Valentine's day that went to crap all the way around. Not only do I feel horrible because the amount of time it took to get to her, it was literally almost a month late... but the gift left her with the same mindset as a horrible plague. I felt crappy after hearing this and a great deal peeved but I'll just suck it up and we'll see if I revisit this Vday thing next year. I know it's not her fault but... It made her scared but I feel like I got the raw end of the deal.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Lets see, who would consider a "cultural revolution" of sorts, possibly pitting the young(est) against the old(est) thereby transforming their entire countries direction and culture?

Certainly there must be a state actor we can point to as an example. Give me a moment, it will come to mind, I'm certain there is someone familiar...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXTriker

Besides... The US doesn't want that kind of war on it's hands. ALL able bodied civilians against every single politician alive. It would be a lynching for sure. No exageration either. Politicians would die until none were left.

We see what happens in the news when people get screwed out of their paychecks. They take bulldozers to buildings, backhoa cars, firebomb offices and just recently take out a good portion of the store he built when they refused to pay him. He died like all the others but when you take away a person's ability to live by taking away his money, his only source of survival, something clicks in the brain and it's all over but funerals.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
a reply to: StallionDuck

Lets see, who would consider a "cultural revolution" of sorts, possibly pitting the young(est) against the old(est) thereby transforming their entire countries direction and culture?

Certainly there must be a state actor we can point to as an example. Give me a moment, it will come to mind, I'm certain there is someone familiar...

I'll wait

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
There's a lot of boomers out there. I think it's time to go into the casket business. I'd do mortuary but that's a bit too gross.

ETA: I'm a boomer.
edit on 3-6-2020 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

dont panic.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

dont panic.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
There was a reason for being a hopeless drunk back in the day.....now I see it!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join