It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Boomer-Be-Gone" What if Covid-19 was designed to eliminate an entire generation?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I know the title and idea may sound ridiculous at first, but if you start to think in the mindset that this virus was designed and delivered to thin out the population by removing a specific group? From everything I've read it seems those truly in danger from this are the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions (Also mostly with the elderly).

Now at least here in the US we have been grappling with the coming wave of retiring baby boomers who will be going on social security and medicare. As a result there is grave concern that both social programs will buckle and collapse under the high number of retirees, causing an economic collapse at worst, or end the programs at best; my generation was told long ago we would probably not be getting social security, even though we also contribute to it.

So the conspiracy here, which I haven't seen or read anywhere else as of yet, is that in order to balance out the ever growing population with the dwindling resources we would need to kill off millions of people. From what is predicted right now, AT BEST 15 million are going to die from this disease.

Covid-19 Study

So what do you think guys and gals? Are we witnessing a global social engineering experiment to save our species a little longer? I myself am skeptical, but it does have teeth and with what we have seen in the last century with mass culling, I wouldn't be surprised if this is true. I'll keep looking to see if anything more connects with this hypothesis.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikemp44

You aren't alone in thinking along these lines. I too have been wondering why this virus doesn't seem to affect the young the way the flu does.

The flu is always worst for the very young and very old, but this virus seems to only affect the elderly most adversely.

It may be nothing....but it certainly makes you go, "Hmmmmmm...."

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I am a baby boomer and I feel you may be right about
TPTB's final plan for us.

link   
a reply to: BomSquad

Exactly. My wife was the one who turned me onto the idea, and she isn't a conspiracy person. That's what got me thinking about it and she coined the term "Boomer-Be-Gone," not me.

link   
...ok, boomer

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I REALLY hope it isn't, but deaths we are seeing are quite lopsided. One guy on the Diamond Princess ship, also a boomer, got it and survived. Said he was on IV the whole time and drank TONS of gatorade. Also Magnesium and potassium.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Are we witnessing a global social engineering experiment to save our species a little longer?

The flu is worse for the elderly than it is for the younger generation and that has been around for ever , Covid-19 is just a strain of a whole host of Corona viruses and as such not much different to everyday flu that also kills older people.

I don't see this being anything other than it is , but if it mutates ... we're all Dooooomed !

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Apparently we already have two strains of the virus going around. Not looking good.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Breaking News: Flu and Viruses have a higher mortality rate for the elderly and those compromised by other medical conditions.

You would always expect that with most illnesses.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Since we are doing 'what ifs'....

What if it ends up killing more than just boomers?

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

As a boomer all I have to say is bring it bitches.

I may be old, crippled, gray-haired, beaten down by life, but I'm still mean as sh#t.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I agree with that, but why doesn't the FLU, or even SARS, MERS, H1N1, etc... ever produced the panic we are seeing today? What is SO special about this virus that it's harming the world economy? It doesn't pass the smell test IMO....
edit on 6-3-2020 by Mikemp44 because: spell check!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Breaking News: Flu and Viruses have a higher mortality rate for the elderly and those compromised by other medical conditions.

You would always expect that with most illnesses.

Thats not even condescending in the slightest. Excellent contribution, starred.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

thats me stuffed

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

you just stirred me up yea bring it on bitch

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I don't know of any kind of virus that can be "tuned" to specifically target a person because of their age. What does it do, measure telomeres? I mean, it's not like all people of a certain age have a specific and unique genetic makeup that distinguishes them from younger people. Same genetics, just older.

Maybe there would be a way for a person or organization to "prime" the younger generation with a relatively benign virus that would modify their immune system responses so that they could be genetically distinguishable from an older generation, and then release a more deadly version that younger people would easily survive but would put a serious hurt on the old folks. But I don't know how you'd even do that.

Although, maybe there would be a way to target somebody taking a particular kind of medication. Like high blood pressure medication or something old people use a lot. That might be a more effective way to only target older people.

Besides, "baby boomers" are not a global thing. It's a western / American notion. A lot of countries don't even have such a thing.
edit on 6-3-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Yeah but aren't TPTB also mostly Baby Boomers?

link   
I don't see it. It would have to kill far many more than millions. It would have to kill billions to do what these bastards want to achieve. 15 million is a drop in the bucket when you're looking at an 8 billion population.

Consider these numbers:

WWI Deaths (20 million):
- 10 million civilians
- 10 million soldiers

WWII Deaths (75 million):
- 40+ million civilians
- 20+ million soldiers

Smoking:
- 0.5 million per year

Cancer:
- 9.6 million per year (2017)

Flu:
- 80 thousand (last winter alone)

I am concerned about this flu because of how many people it could devastate one way or another. It's already affecting the markets and activities around the world. Though, I can't believe this is a manufactured virus since it's very similar to other strains that's been around.

I imagine that if powers wanted to wipe out a good portion of the population, it would be done far quicker and deadlier than this. It would be a runaway plague that would devastate the world in only a couple months.

Consider this...

Spanish Flu
- 17-50 million deaths over 2 years (possibly 100 million as an estimate)
- Infected 27% (500 million) of the world population

Had the spanish flu taken place today (sans medical tech today) it would have devastated the world and put us back in the stone age. That flu wasn't man made and it took out up to 100 million people in a world population of less than 2 billion.

Most influenza outbreaks kill the very young and the very old with a higher survival rate for everyone in between but this flu killed more people in the middle than the old and the young. That was odd then too just like it's odd that this flu tends to skip over children.

Can't say it's not impossible but I can't believe that someone created this to be released on purpose to wipe out a portion (a very small portion) of humanity not to mention the age group of the people who would have created it. Who's gonna run the country? Children?

Then... that might be a better option. I mean, if you can keep them from going all Lord of the Flies on each other.

edit on 6-3-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

You make a good point, but if they used Red Bull to spread the benign virus, building immunity....

Right, that's why I said the generation, we just call them "Boomers" here.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
As a member of Generation X, I'm worried for my parents.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join