It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egypt - Remarkable Views of a Surprisingly Modern Past

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: zatara
Thx...very nice. Still no idea how the ancient egyptians did it or what obelisk or giant granite boxes is for..? But then again..maybe a box is just a box, a pyramid a pyramid and a pilar a pilar.

They wrote on the "giant granite boxes" and said what was in there and why. They also wrote on some pyramids and on the obelisks. The writing tells the purpose.

What if the writing was added later?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Thanks for putting this together. Really cool!

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Thx...very nice. Still no idea how the ancient egyptians did it or what obelisk or giant granite boxes is for..? But then again..maybe a box is just a box, a pyramid a pyramid and a pilar a pilar.

They wrote on the "giant granite boxes" and said what was in there and why. They also wrote on some pyramids and on the obelisks. The writing tells the purpose.

There's also the construction method that's pretty unique to each period. For each object, we see precursors.

As an example, we didn't suddenly get Tesla cars... before there were Teslas, there were Hyundays and Fords and Cadillacs and so on and so forth with older models and older types of gears and technology.

Same thing is going on here.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

There's also the construction method that's pretty unique to each period. For each object, we see precursors.

As an example, we didn't suddenly get Tesla cars... before there were Teslas, there were Hyundays and Fords and Cadillacs and so on and so forth with older models and older types of gears and technology.

Same thing is going on here.

Hello again Byrd.

It was my understanding that only one of the sarcophagi in the Serapeum at Saqqara is decorated, the rest are plain and many of the equally massive lids are not on fully but pushed aside slightly. I do subscribe to Brien Foerster's channel as I find him to be less sensationalist than others of the same ilk.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r
   Granite Sarcophagus at the Serapeum/Saqqara:

A 30 ton cover?

Forget about why they did not want anyone getting in there - what was it they did not want to get out?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

originally posted by: jeep3r
   Granite Sarcophagus at the Serapeum/Saqqara:

A 30 ton cover?

Forget about why they did not want anyone getting in there - what was it they did not want to get out?

It's a good question. Even if they did bury the remains of sacred bulls, why so massive, why so heavy and yes, why are the lids so big and heavy?...Maybe to deter anyone from getting in but obviously, it didn't work. If I was to go really fringe, maybe the Titans were in entrapped in them or some rogue demi-gods!

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Who were the " Sea Peoples " , and were they Motivated to Attack Egypt because of a Ecological Disaster ?

edit on 25-4-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I would suggest dating the patina itself. That will at least tell you when the last time the inscriptions were devoid of detritus.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

It was my understanding that only one of the sarcophagi in the Serapeum at Saqqara is decorated, the rest are plain and many of the equally massive lids are not on fully but pushed aside slightly. I do subscribe to Brien Foerster's channel as I find him to be less sensationalist than others of the same ilk.

Yes, I believe only one was decorated. Remember that these were done in the New Kingdom and later... so sometime after 1500 BC. Many "theorists" make the mistake of treating Egyptian history as if it was all done in a very short time period instead of developed over 3,000 years (and they ignore what the Romans and Greeks and Myceneans and Babylonians, etc, were doing at the time.)

I wouldn't recommend Forester. The BBC has some good material on Egypt (like this one on the colossi in Egypt), however, and it's very accessible. That Timeline series is excellent and goes over the lives (and sometimes the techniques) of the people as well as the basic history.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: SLAYER69

Who were the " Sea Peoples " , and were they Motivated to Attack Egypt because of a Ecological Disaster ?

Not sure how relevant that is, since that's the Intermediate period... and it turns out the "invasion" was not very violent. The more violent episodes took place at the end of the 2nd Intermediate period, when Sequenenre Tao rose up and tried to reconquer all of Egypt (before then it had been a set of squabbling little kingdoms for about 200 years.)

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Yes , I was a bit Off Topic there , but I am Still Fascinated about what groups of People made Up the " Sea Peoples " who were Finally Defeated by Ramesses III Armies . What do you know of it ?

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Yes , I was a bit Off Topic there , but I am Still Fascinated about what groups of People made Up the " Sea Peoples " who were Finally Defeated by Ramesses III Armies . What do you know of it ?

I know a little. Best suited for another thread, though.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

They're listed at Medinet Habu. Nuff said.

Harte

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

They're listed at Medinet Habu. Nuff said.

Harte

For the curious: realhistoryww.com...

www.gettyimages.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join