It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wu-Tang Flu, Trump, Economy, & Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
While Wu Flu could be an entirely random event, the conspiracy voice in my head keeps whispering that something larger is going on here.

The stock market has been at historic highs. Granted, many in the investor class have been warning about a bubble forming and if you look at most of the charts, it is clear we are at a peak. Investors also have a theory about Black Swan Events. Black Swan events are unexpected events that can have a substantial impact. In some definitions, it also says that in hindsight, aren't as serious as they were made out to be at the time.

We have an election coming up next year. We all know Trump is not well liked by the Deep State. We also know that Trump has been killing it on the economic front. As such, the left really has nothing to run on against him. What is the saying from James Carville: "It is the economy, stupid!"

I cannot help but wonder if Wu Flu is a covert attempt to crash the economy on Trumps watch. Who benefits from this chaos? Are the Chinese nefarious and long term thinkers enough to sabotage their own economy to attempt to get Trump to lose? Trump has the trade war with China. Maybe China decides to shut down under the guise of Wu FLu. This winds up damaging the economy and hurts Trump. Trump out of office and in comes Biden or whoever else to continue the globalization of kissing China's azz? We know the Chinese don't care about their own people, so what is a few thousand or even hundred thousand deaths to the Commie party?

Some may say this is just a black swan event. Maybe. But what is the coincidence of the election, economic turmoil, and chinese right now?

Anyways, just some random thoughts to discuss.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I think China isn't as strong as they would like people to believe. They are unfriendly to foreign manufacturing and because of that Vietnam seems to be opening their doors to foreign manufacturing without all of the intrusive demands China asks for.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

My guess is we will have better information in about 6 weeks . If thousands die and the spread is massive big problem . If the virus dies off without much damage your theory may be correct . It would also show the media is to blame for fear mongering .

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I think you should think bigger than that:

Trump

Brexit

Many European Countries electing more nationalist governments (including Italy)

Yellow vests in France

Hong kong protesters

Iranian protests

Protests in South American countries

Its quite a convenient time for this virus to break out; as the people are becoming more and more frustrated with their 20th century governments this virus will cause them to get back in line.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I think China isn't as strong as they would like people to believe. They are unfriendly to foreign manufacturing and because of that Vietnam seems to be opening their doors to foreign manufacturing without all of the intrusive demands China asks for.

I keep wondering if there is a country(s) in the Americas to provide the same service to US manufactures? To me it seems being closer to home is better, and to have countries in our own hemisphere prosper would be a good thing without any of them looking for world dominance.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: seeker1963

I keep wondering if there is a country(s) in the Americas to provide the same service to US manufactures? To me it seems being closer to home is better, and to have countries in our own hemisphere prosper would be a good thing without any of them looking for world dominance.

It is crazy that you can make stuff half way around the globe and ship it back to the US cheaper than you can make it in your own backyard.

I've long felt we should be incentizing companies to open manufacturing plants in depressed areas with our tax code. Basically, if you open a plant in say Detroit or West Side of Chicago, the company doesn't have to pay corporate taxes.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The economy was about to tank regardless. Maybe Trump released the wu-flu so he had something to blame it on.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
While Wu Flu could be an entirely random event, the conspiracy voice in my head keeps whispering that something larger is going on here.

The stock market has been at historic highs. Granted, many in the investor class have been warning about a bubble forming and if you look at most of the charts, it is clear we are at a peak. Investors also have a theory about Black Swan Events. Black Swan events are unexpected events that can have a substantial impact. In some definitions, it also says that in hindsight, aren't as serious as they were made out to be at the time.

We have an election coming up next year. We all know Trump is not well liked by the Deep State. We also know that Trump has been killing it on the economic front. As such, the left really has nothing to run on against him. What is the saying from James Carville: "It is the economy, stupid!"

I cannot help but wonder if Wu Flu is a covert attempt to crash the economy on Trumps watch. Who benefits from this chaos? Are the Chinese nefarious and long term thinkers enough to sabotage their own economy to attempt to get Trump to lose? Trump has the trade war with China. Maybe China decides to shut down under the guise of Wu FLu. This winds up damaging the economy and hurts Trump. Trump out of office and in comes Biden or whoever else to continue the globalization of kissing China's azz? We know the Chinese don't care about their own people, so what is a few thousand or even hundred thousand deaths to the Commie party?

Some may say this is just a black swan event. Maybe. But what is the coincidence of the election, economic turmoil, and chinese right now?

Anyways, just some random thoughts to discuss.

Trump has not been "killing it" on the economic front.

Firstly, Congress sets budgetary policy, not the Executive.

Secondly, GDP (the measure of the growth in wealth) is less than the national debt (the government's debt).

GDP is supposed to be able to pay for the national debt, plus public debt and the ongoing costs of running the country.

In real terms, the US economy is tanking, they are filling up their house with luxury items they don't really need, they are just putting more and more on the credit card and the debt now exceeds the ability to ever repay.

edit on 6/3/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
The economy was about to tank regardless. Maybe Trump released the wu-flu so he had something to blame it on.

The economy tanking would be a 8% unemployment rate, a 50% correction in the markets and stagnant wages.

You know, the present that Democrats handed Bush.

Instead, February numbers look like a minor stock market correction, 225,000 new jobs for the month, wages increasing another 3%, unemployment at 3.5%...

No "collapse " going on here.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

But would that really work? Given the bias in the media, it isn't like pundits are going to give Trump a pass for wu-flu. They will just say the economy crashed. It is Trump's watch, he takes the blame.

Another theory, maybe the US released Wu-flu to force companies to re-evaluate their dependence on China?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

well if it is to crash the economy is a pretty bad plan...because you can clearly point to the virus as the reason is collapsed... not Trump.

you need to tie the crash directly to trump, so they can scream: SEE orange man IS bad. right now you can just say it was out of trumps hands, leaving the hope that once the virus fizzles the market will rebound with a vengeance..

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw
I think we will still be dealing with this come next winter.
Like a flu strain we need to wait out. It's usually a two phase attack when a new flu breaks out.
The second phase of both 2009 H1N1 and the Spanish flu of 1918 were much worse than the first.

I don't know if this bug behaves like the flu or just affects the same biological systems.
But I'm pretty certain it's not just going to go away.
edit on 362020 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

The economy tanking would be a 8% unemployment rate, a 50% correction in the markets and stagnant wages.

You know, the present that Democrats handed Bush.

Instead, February numbers look like a minor stock market correction, 225,000 new jobs for the month, wages increasing another 3%, unemployment at 3.5%...

No "collapse " going on here.

You seem to see things as instantaneous. Bad fiscal policy can take years to fully evidence itself.

Before Clinton there were consecutive Republican Presidencies and GDP dropped to half of what it eventually raised to under Clinton's term. Then under George Bush, it went down to 1/4 of its previous value. As a measure of the economy, GDP is probably the best indicator.

The current confidence in the economy coupled with vastly increasing debt is heading towards a failure. It is now growing so fast that it isn't possible to employ or earn enough to pay for it. The only way out now is asset sell-offs and it is eating into asset and investment reserves quickly.

edit on 6/3/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
WTF??? WU-TANG FLU??? Disrespecting the greatest rap group of all time????? FOH.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yes. Democrat and media fear mongering does effect the stock market and that in turn makes gains by the Trump administration look unstable. It could be that this fear mongering is a liberal political ploy.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Yes. Democrat and media fear mongering does effect the stock market and that in turn makes gains by the Trump administration look unstable. It could be that this fear mongering is a liberal political ploy.

Exactly. A coordinated effort to basically bust the economic gains ahead of the election.

Lost in all the fear mongering today was the job reports. 273,000 smashing expectations...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zeta Reticuli
WTF??? WU-TANG FLU??? Disrespecting the greatest rap group of all time????? FOH.

Wu-Tang flu ain't nothing to F' with!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Just wait.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I agree that it may return next year. MRSA and SARs didn't but the flu does , hopefully they can develop a vaccine by then

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I know MRSA is bacterium but they expected it to come back annually .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join