It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kids in the Hall reunite for a new season on Amazon Prime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well, just to take a break from the 24/7 virus coverage, here is a little bit of fun news!
The classic group The Kids in the Hall, are returning for a new season of their comedy sketch show, on Amazon Prime. I have been a die hard fan of these guys since I was a kid, many, many, years ago. I can honestly say, they shaped my sense of humor to what I am to this day. This, is amazing news for me. Their last return was a mini-series called Death comes to town, which, in my opinion, was nothing but epic. So, any KITH fans on ATS, or am I alone in this tremendous news?

www.thestar.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
That's great news! Thanks for sharing--ayy, I bet this season is gonna be another cracker! Always loved KITH, even their movie Brain Candy was a non stop winner from start to finish. They always do a good job.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crosswinds
That's great news! Thanks for sharing--ayy, I bet this season is gonna be another cracker! Always loved KITH, even their movie Brain Candy was a non stop winner from start to finish. They always do a good job.

Oh Brain Candy. I saw it a record number of times in the theater. A true favorite.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Kids In The Hall and Mr. Show were great but the comedy is too cerebral for the masses. Both shows had movies but both movies bombed where the SNL cast member movies based off the characters often do better but IMO are complete garbage. And to be clear, I'm not talking about movies like Tommy Boy and the Water Boy which had nothing to do with SNL characters.

I will check out Kids In The Hall but it was so long ago....not sure it can work. I wouldn't want Mr. Show to be re-booted. Can't make fun of anything anymore without people being triggered. Those shows, there isn't much of an audience because the newer generation is programmed to not laugh at anything mildly offensive.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
One of the funniest shows ever. Back in the 80s, I knew a bunch of Dave's. Between friends, relatives, neighbors, and coworkers, I knew 9 or 10 Dave's.
I still sing this song:

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Kids In The Hall and Mr. Show were great but the comedy is too cerebral for the masses. Both shows had movies but both movies bombed where the SNL cast member movies based off the characters often do better but IMO are complete garbage. And to be clear, I'm not talking about movies like Tommy Boy and the Water Boy which had nothing to do with SNL characters.

I will check out Kids In The Hall but it was so long ago....not sure it can work. I wouldn't want Mr. Show to be re-booted. Can't make fun of anything anymore without people being triggered. Those shows, there isn't much of an audience because the newer generation is programmed to not laugh at anything mildly offensive.

Kids in the hall is timeless

Oh and Mr. Show was also a beloved childhood favorite of mine, which was actually rebooted in a way. And was awesome!
m.imdb.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Oh I really hope they are still as on the ball as they were in their glory days!

One of my faves... and eerily prophetic that the absurd at the time became reality

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Great news! Would love to see a "The Whitest Kids U Know" comeback on its heels! Will definitely be checking it out.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: discordantone
I think about that sketch a lot these days.

Hilariously accurate!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Loved Kids in the Hall, such a great show so well done. Chicken Lady, Daves, I'm crushing their heads

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Loved Kids in the Hall, such a great show so well done. Chicken Lady, Daves, I'm crushing their heads

Many classic characters. Apparently some favorites are making an appearance, as well as some new ones. I'm pretty excited.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Well, just to take a break from the 24/7 virus coverage, here is a little bit of fun news!
The classic group The Kids in the Hall, are returning for a new season of their comedy sketch show, on Amazon Prime. I have been a die hard fan of these guys since I was a kid, many, many, years ago. I can honestly say, they shaped my sense of humor to what I am to this day. This, is amazing news for me. Their last return was a mini-series called Death comes to town, which, in my opinion, was nothing but epic. So, any KITH fans on ATS, or am I alone in this tremendous news?

www.thestar.com...

Hallelujah! I love those guys

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Many classic characters. Apparently some favorites are making an appearance, as well as some new ones. I'm pretty excited.

yea me too, watched a few classic videos they actually held up well... they all worked so well together

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

yea me too, watched a few classic videos they actually held up well... they all worked so well together

They were a classic team. I'm glad they're all still around, and able to stand working together all these years later.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

These guys are some of my favorite comedians. I’d totally forgot about them. Way before Upright Citizens Brigade and Reno 911, these guys set the standard for funny AF sketch. Much better than MAD, not as quite as edgy as
In Living Color.
They are masters of laughter! Wish I had prime for this.
Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Great news because I think it is a really funny show. Over 20 years ago they were touring with a live show and I saw them in Houston.

Some favorite skits:

Sal

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine
Awesome sketches

I've had the series box set for awhile now, but I think over the next few weeks it's going to get some serious viewing!

Glad to see so much love for the Kids, honestly I wasn't sure how this would go over with the community!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Thanks

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Kids In The Hall and Mr. Show were great...

Wicked Scepter!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Just for the record Citizen Kane is the best movie ever made.

"The illusion works better without a glass table".

edit on 3/6/2020 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

top topics

join