It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to clean your home to prevent coronavirus spread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Good Tips on how to clean, like clean first, disinfect later

Remember to clean first, disinfect later

Cleaning refers to the removal of germs from surfaces. Disinfecting refers to the use of chemicals to kill germs on surfaces. Both can lower the risk of infection spread, but you should clean first, disinfect after.

Don't forget to read the label on your disinfectants. Some need to remain wet for anywhere from two to ten minutes.

Which begs the question are those Clorox wipes any good because the surfaces dry so fast? I find the thicker the cloth you use to clean the better soaking it gives. To me, it’s best to thoroughly wet a good thick cloth, spray the surface with a disinfecting cleaner like Fantastic and give it a good wiping (and wetting down), then let it air dry.

I also use this method, apart from surfaces I wouldn’t want bleached, like wood Tables, etc:

The CDC recommends people create their own bleach solutions by mixing 5 tablespoons of bleach per gallon of water or 4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water.

More in the Link
edit on 6-3-2020 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   
More from The CDC

Community members can practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces (for example: tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, sinks) with household cleaners and EPA-registered disinfectants that are appropriate for the surface, following label instructions. Labels contain instructions for safe and effective use of the cleaning product including precautions you should take when applying the product, such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation during use of the product.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Good Tips on how to clean, like clean first, disinfect later

Remember to clean first, disinfect later

Cleaning refers to the removal of germs from surfaces. Disinfecting refers to the use of chemicals to kill germs on surfaces. Both can lower the risk of infection spread, but you should clean first, disinfect after.

Don't forget to read the label on your disinfectants. Some need to remain wet for anywhere from two to ten minutes.

Which begs the question are those Clorox wipes any good because the surfaces dry so fast? I find the thicker the cloth you use to clean the better soaking it gives. To me, it’s best to thoroughly wet a good thick clock, spray the surface with a disinfecting cleaner like Fantastic and give it a good wiping (and wetting down), then let it air dry.

I also use this method, apart from surfaces I wouldn’t want bleached, like wood Tables, etc:

The CDC recommends people create their own bleach solutions by mixing 5 tablespoons of bleach per gallon of water or 4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water.

More in the Link

Bleach is a trigger chemical for the pleomorphic bacteria that the Novel-Coronavirus is based upon...if possible find an alternative option ... it will provide a sympathetic environment for the parasitic Super Highway we all have inside our bodies if we do not regularly treat ourselves....that Super Highway is what this weaponised bug is using to overwhelm your auto-immune system to blitz-creig your body.

edit on 6-3-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Good information to have. thanks people need to read this and do it

I'm still using a UV 3 light 6 years ago when my dad had chemo treatments, it zaps a lot of pathogens that may cause secondary issues. Just read the instructions use in a ventilated place and dont look at it, wear eye protection
edit on 6-3-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Good point, thanks, I was about to add to use products of your choice. I know some people prefer to stay clear of the harsh chemicals.

Do you have alternatives to recommend?

I like Fantastik, there’s no bleach in it. Although there is one that contains bleach, I meant the original formula. For wood I use soap and water. You quoted where I said fantastic (no bleach) and I meant cloth not clock (typo)

What are your thoughts, please share.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

There are many,this is my go-to.

Alcohol based cleaners I also use.

www.bing.com... ing+vinegar&sc=8-16&qs=n&sk=&cvid=d1ef0064c1af4ac5a0a5b39d82ff838b

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

yea, I wonder if people realize the can mix black lights in with their regular lights, and the Black lights will have a localized effect of sterilizing the area around them. good for those pesky office areas where you sit all day, Living rooms, and kitchens where lets face it, people leave the lights on.

Camain

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

All the harsh chemicals suggested require ventilation- important to say!
It’s up to people to use what they prefer. I just can’t stress enough the difference between a good thick wet cloth as opposed to those thin wipes that miss spots. I use terry facecloths. And don’t forget to do the edges of counters.

Also if you find it hard to reach due to mobility issues, get some little mini string mop things www.amazon.ca...=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I paid much less in dollar stores cheap. They are really good for getting behind toilets if you can’t bend down. Just don’t use the toilet one anywhere else lol. I have a few I use for different areas.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all
Thanks for your suggestions.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   
This will kill just about anything including corona in 30 seconds. Wipes take 2 min.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

This:
plus this:
are the only way to be sure.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I've been wanting to share something I use, but it sounds bizarre so I've been hesitant. But I believe it is good to use on fabric. Old fashioned Listerine that I put in a spray bottle. It contains a large amount of alcohol, plus thymol (anti-bacterial, viral, parasitic.)

I mist it on furniture, carpeting, curtains, the fabric in my car. I've started keeping a small bottle in my car to mist myself (clothes, hair) before I go into a store to 'ward off' germs, then afterwards too. It makes me smell a bit medicinal, but whatever. I know if I can put Listerine in my mouth, I'm not putting anything toxic on surfaces around me. It doesn't damage or stain cloth.

What do you think, ATS? Waste of time, or worthy of discussion?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

One word = Peroxide

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Aseptic cleaning
Start cleaning where it is clean and proceed to dirty, this way you won´t spread germs to clean area.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Germ's lives matter! Stop the germacide!

But really, common, paranoid sense is to have barriers vs public surfaces - so gloves or wipes when: opening public doors, using pay touch pads and gassing cars (and maybe shrink-wrap the kids) and have some Lysol to spray shoes on the porch ... and don't touch anything that has touched the nasty, dirty, deadly outside ...

stacks of old kleenex boxes by the door make stylish home slippers and old ziplock bags are handy gloves. Banks of ultraviolet lights around entrance ways are nice, if airlocks are beyond your price range. Stripping and shaving all hair growth and then scrubbing down with alcohol and pumice under the ultraviolets is a good extra precaution.

Remember germs are tiny and literally everywhere ... and just because you can't see them doesn't mean they aren't out to invade and kill you.

Freemasons ruule the woooorld!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I am sure lots of people need this knowledge, but I am not going to worry about having a house that is spotless clean. I am not more afraid of this CV than the flu, and I am not afraid of the flu. You will be exposed to this and other viruses everywhere, it lives on everything for a while. You go to the store and chances it will be on lots of products you get, you bring them home and germs are spread all over when you take them out of the bag. Your bag might even be full of it, so could the cart. The heat fan that starts blowing often when you walk in the door blows stuff all over,

Have faith in your immune system unless you are on some meds that block your immune system. Eat no more than twenty five percent highly processed foods total in your diet, learn to cook foods instead of buying premanufactured stuff. Cereals are all highly processed foods, even Most organic ones. Chemicals form when you dry foods, nitrites and sulfites are just a couple of those.

I use hydrogen peroxide for some stuff, and remember not to mix any ammonia products with bleach products, that is very hard on your lungs.
edit on 6-3-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

I've been wanting to share something I use, but it sounds bizarre so I've been hesitant. But I believe it is good to use on fabric. Old fashioned Listerine that I put in a spray bottle. It contains a large amount of alcohol, plus thymol (anti-bacterial, viral, parasitic.)

I mist it on furniture, carpeting, curtains, the fabric in my car. I've started keeping a small bottle in my car to mist myself (clothes, hair) before I go into a store to 'ward off' germs, then afterwards too. It makes me smell a bit medicinal, but whatever. I know if I can put Listerine in my mouth, I'm not putting anything toxic on surfaces around me. It doesn't damage or stain cloth.

What do you think, ATS? Waste of time, or worthy of discussion?

Not a bad idea I've got Dr. Tetnors concentrate which burns like hell if you don't dilute it, pretty sure it would work in a pinch. Big believer of peroxide and rubbing alcohol. Even dabbled into some essential oils tea tree, clove, etc.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Aseptic cleaning
Start cleaning where it is clean and proceed to dirty, this way you won´t spread germs to clean area.

Excellent!
Drives me nuts when someone says “ that's ok I’ll clean it up”, then starts IN the puddle and spreads it everywhere it wasn’t.

top topics

join