It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read the statement by a quarantined nurse from a Northern California Kaiser facility

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: vonclod
Seems fishy they refuse to test her..who the hell is in charge?'

Why can't the hospital she works at test her? Isn't there a way to have a lab test a sample?

It may be because it is a new virus so they have to make a new test.

Looks like there were a few "bumps" getting a reliable test ready. I read they have a good test now and testing will start soon.

Then how did the CV-19 patient she was caring for get tested?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Couple of things here:

1) PPE is not 100% and Im well versed in it. End of a 12 hour shift and your exhausted mistakes happen

2) If she is sick, and has a known exposure, then why test her? We do not have enough tests anyway so have her wait out her 14 day period and make sure she is well. The hospital IS not going to let her work anyway. There not enough tests and if you test every nurse that has the sniffles you will burn through them at a rapid rate.

3) $3200 a week is includes housing but, no doubt it means 7 12 hour shifts to achieve it. Its very similar to the terms they give scab nurses

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Why can't the hospital she works at test her? Isn't there a way to have a lab test a sample?

I can only guess there is a lack of test kits, the CDC is rationing them out perhaps? I'm guessing the test kits are specific, and this being new..maybe not a test the hospital, or any hospital had in stock.

But sure, you would think the lab could independently find it's own conclusion..there again, maybe a specific sample is needed to compare?

All just a guess on my part.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There were a small amount of unreliable tests to test some with.

That's the story anyway. I think it could just be an excuse to stall for time.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

There were a small amount of unreliable tests to test some with.

That's the story anyway. I think it could just be an excuse to stall for time.

We simply don't have them to go around.

www.google.com...

It's also entirely possible that there is no reliable test...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
a reply to: putnam6

Virus can be attach to particles that are in air, this was discussed in coronavirus updates earlyer, a study done in China proved that influenza virus can be attach to pollution particles in air.....after that it needs just wind to fly.

Pardon the pun but the airborne transmission is still up in the air according to some sources. Others infer it is indeed airborne. If it is airborne instead of just microdroplets all of those n95 masks are basically useless see below...

vohrawoundcare.com...[/ url]

The media is constantly showing images of people wearing a variety of surgical and dust masks, but in reality, the use of masks by healthy people is not recommended. Surgical masks to prevent droplet transmission should be worn only by patients that are sick. Droplet and airborne precautions are not the same, nor are the masks used in infection control programs for these the same. It is unclear if COVID-19 can spread via the airborne route or only the droplet route. Simple surgical mask are adequate for droplets but airborne agents require special masks or respirators.

[url=https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/no-consensus-covid19-airborne-says-health-minister]https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/no-consensus-cov id19-airborne-says-health-minister

PUTRAJAYA : Scientists and medical experts have not reached a consensus that the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) can spread through the air.

Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad said to date, most of the medical experts stated that liquid droplet was identified as the virus mode of transmission in regards to human-to-human infection.

Speaking to Bernama in an exclusive interview, he explained that when infected persons cough or sneeze (without covering their mouth and nose), respiratory secretions from the infected person would spread on surfaces such as a table.

“When uninfected individuals touch the exposed surface and wipe their hand on body cavities such as their nose, that’s when the transmission of the virus occurs.

“Imagine if it’s airborne...but until today, it is not confirmed (that Covid-19 is an airborne disease),” he said.

But then there is this from UK.gov

COVID-19 is classified as an airborne high consequence infectious disease (HCID) in the UK.

Emerging information from these experiences has highlighted factors that could increase the risk of nosocomial transmission, such as delayed implementation of appropriate infection prevention and control measures combined persistence of coronavirus in the clinical setting (such as positive PCR detection of MERS-CoV RNA for up to 5 days after patients’ last positive respiratory specimen).

In the absence of effective drugs or a vaccine, control of this disease relies on the prompt identification, appropriate risk assessment, management and isolation of possible cases, and the investigation and follow up of close contacts to minimize potential onward transmission.

Effective infection prevention and control measures, including transmission-based precautions (airborne, droplet and contact precautions) with the recommended personal protective equipment (PPE) are essential to minimize these risks. Appropriate cleaning and decontamination of the environment is also essential in preventing the spread of this virus.

Conflicting info so yea definitely err on the side of caution and assume it is airborne until otherwise informed... what a mess this could turn into, LOL watch the tail end of the Titanic the other night and reminded of Billy Zane's character exclaiming at one point "it's falling apart", talking about control and order.
edit on 5-3-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Looks like there were a few "bumps" getting a reliable test ready. I read they have a good test now and testing will start soon.

Thanks for the update.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Our government overlords allowed for his testing.

This is bull # dude! We should be making hundreds of thousands if not millions of these tests.

After that 8.3 BILLION congress passed today they better stop being stingy with the tests! We need to get ahead of this disease or we won't stand a chance of stopping it. We need to get proactive instead of reactive.

I'm really curious to see the itemized list of where our 8.3 BILLION dollars is going to for this covid-19 fight. How about you?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

you are assuming tat :

1 - the person is competant and actually follows the PPE protocols correctly

my experience - does not extend to medical pandemic response - but i have annecdones from mates who have - and some of the incompetance witnessed = frightening .

i believe them because my own experience = hazmat // hazchem work in industry - and i have seen mind blowing ineptitude

2 - infection vectors OUTSIDE the hospital // facility dont go away - just because you have a infection control crisis at work

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Really upsetting. The CDC pulled the same # with ebola in 2014: inadequately protecting nurses and front-line healthcare workers.

So are they stupid or really don't care if anyone is adequately protected/dies as long as they themselves have gear like your pic?

BTW, I'm not interested in CDC apologists. Go talk to a wall or each other.
edit on 6-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Cant see your avatar on mobile, sir. Traveling nurse make a decent wage. I doubt 3640/wk is a high enough hike in remuneration to tempt many.

Especially considering half of that is for meals and lodging. Lodging is redundant if you already half a place you're paying for, meals are overpriced if you're not preparing your own (dining out all meals.)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

Really upsetting. The CDC pulled the same # with ebola in 2014: inadequately protecting nurses and front-line healthcare workers.

So are they stupid or really don't care if anyone is adequately protected/dies as long as they themselves have gear like your pic?

BTW, I'm not interested in CDC apologists. Go talk to a wall or each other.

It's a funding issue...$$$ RULES

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
Couple of things here:

1) PPE is not 100% and Im well versed in it. End of a 12 hour shift and your exhausted mistakes happen

2) If she is sick, and has a known exposure, then why test her? We do not have enough tests anyway so have her wait out her 14 day period and make sure she is well. The hospital IS not going to let her work anyway. There not enough tests and if you test every nurse that has the sniffles you will burn through them at a rapid rate.

3) $3200 a week is includes housing but, no doubt it means 7 12 hour shifts to achieve it. Its very similar to the terms they give scab nurses

YOU CALL YOUR FELLOW NURSES, THAT COME IN FROM ACROSS THE COUNTRY, TO TAKE CARE OF THE SICK AND INJURED THAT YOU NEGLECT, IN A HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT THAT YOU CREATED, ' "SCABS!!!"
HOW DARE YOU!
HOW DARE YOU!!!
YOU ARE THE TYPE OF TRASH THAT CHANTED AND HELD UP SIGNS, HARASSED AND THREATENED CARING AND COMPETENT NURSES THAT TOOK CARE OF ME WHEN I WAS AT LOS ANGELES M.C!
YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!
YOU HAVE LOST ALL CREDIBILITY AND NEED TO LOOSE YOUR LICENSE FREDT!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

Source?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Not wanting to go off topic, but I feel it's worth mentioning for those unaware;

The brain stem, or medulla oblongata, is the area of the brain that sends signals to the heart and lungs instructing them to function - it's why we don't 'forget' to breath when we're asleep or 'forget' to pump our hearts.

Alcohol saturates the entire brain, which is why too much in one go can be a killer.

This area of the brain also has opioid receptors, which is why it's so easy to overdose and die from an opiate or opoid overdose.

This area of the brain contains no cannabinoids receptors, which is why no one has ever died from a cannabis overdose.

More on topic, this had me unnerved when I read your previous linked thread concerning CoVID19 and the brain stem, I spent some time studying brain architecture back when I was actively campaigning so understand the significance, and it's scary.

Sorry if I drifted too far, I just thought these points would help those unaware of the implications.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: FredT
Couple of things here:

YOU CALL YOUR FELLOW NURSES, THAT COME IN FROM ACROSS THE COUNTRY, TO TAKE CARE OF THE SICK AND INJURED THAT YOU NEGLECT, IN A HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT THAT YOU CREATED, ' "SCABS!!!"
HOW DARE YOU!
HOW DARE YOU!!!
YOU ARE THE TYPE OF TRASH THAT CHANTED AND HELD UP SIGNS, HARASSED AND THREATENED CARING AND COMPETENT NURSES THAT TOOK CARE OF ME WHEN I WAS AT LOS ANGELES M.C!
YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!
YOU HAVE LOST ALL CREDIBILITY AND NEED TO LOOSE YOUR LICENSE FREDT!

I think he's referring to nurses that cross picket lines to work while others are on strike. That's typical behavior from a brainwashed union thug and I've had experience being caught up in that foolishness twice. That has no place in the medical field, especially since it has not helped the employees. They're still working 12s or doubles without breaks in many cases. I would rather have a well-rested nurse taking care of me than a stressed out, worn out nurse that can barely stand up because he or she is exhausted taking care of me.

There are a lot of factors that go into the wellness of nursing staff, it's a pathetic shame that our medical centers treat them so badly.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 6-3-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Maybe the CDC and other alphabet agencies want the healthcare
workers sick as well as the general population.I wonder how long
before medical martial law is declared?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Maybe the CDC and other alphabet agencies want the healthcare
workers sick as well as the general population.I wonder how long
before medical martial law is declared?

Or, there aren't enough tests, being a new virus, I'm sure they are trying to ramp up production.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

This is bull # dude! We should be making hundreds of thousands if not millions of these tests.

Sure, we'll just call the manufacturer and get 5 million by tomorrow. You know, manufacturing happens by just snapping your fingers.

originally posted by: drussell41

This can't be true. I've been told the current crisis and CDC's failures is all Trump's fault. Surely CDC under Obama did a marvelous job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join