It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will TPTB use Corona virus to force us all into a cashless society?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I don't understand why there is still a furious paranoia of catching something being out in public. By the very definition of the action you are, we are, leaving ourselves open to catching whatever bug is current. The only way to avoid this is to seal yourself inside your home and never leave it. Screw that, just use good hygiene and common sense precautions. Every single thing you touch has the potential to host an infections disease. Everything. Think about how many different things you touch on a normal day. Thousands.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: vonclod

When I’m in line and four or five people waste my time paying with plastic .

When it’s my turn looking dead serious I ask “ do you guys still take cash “?

You get some odd looks sometime . Lol

I like it!
Scary thing is, one day they will say..no

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: nolabel

No.
Cash is expensive to produce, transport and maintain.
Cards on the other hand make somebody money every time they are used.

They will finally eliminate cash under the guise of ending crime like child trafficking and drug sales.

Not a chance. Cash is big business, the companies that make and transport it have a lot of lobbying power. They will keep cash alive because they like their place on the gravy train.

One of the main reasons that small change like pennies still exist even though they cost more than their face value. Industry lobbying.

It would also cist too much to convert all of those cash vending machines and arcade cabinets.

Nov to mention all of those slot machines in Vegas.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

No.
Cash is expensive to produce, transport and maintain.
Cards on the other hand make somebody money every time they are used.

They will finally eliminate cash under the guise of ending crime like child trafficking and drug sales.

Not a chance. Cash is big business, the companies that make and transport it have a lot of lobbying power. They will keep cash alive because they like their place on the gravy train.

One of the main reasons that small change like pennies still exist even though they cost more than their face value. Industry lobbying.

It would also cist too much to convert all of those cash vending machines and arcade cabinets.

Nov to mention all of those slot machines in Vegas.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I never understood this whole 'please prefer card payments' stuff when it comes to this COMPLETELY NON-LETHAL thing.

I mean, we can take buns into a bag by using the same metal 'forks' (or whatever they're called), touching the same paper bags in the process, and that's fine, but handing cash to a cashier that's wearing gloves anyway, is somehow bad?

What about cards, why would they be any more sanitary? The more you look at what's going on everywhere (touchscreens are still everywhere), and then compare this to the 'you shouldn't use cash, because of reasons'-stuff, nothing adds up or makes sense. People touch things SO much, that banning cash would have absolutely zero effect on anything considering 'infections' or whatnot.

And do I have to remind anyone how non-lethal this 'pandemic' is? How many people die of flu every year? How many of those numbers have been fudged? How many people died -with- the thing and not -because- of it? Is there even a reliable way of detecting it? Why does it take 10 years to produce an effective vaccine but it has only taken 1 year for this thing?

So many questions, no valid answers, because it's all bogus. Sure, there's probably a thing that has probably caused problems and such, but I don't believe even one (1) healthy adult has been killed by the thing.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I fail to see the connection. Do you mean they use cash for bribes so it can't be tracked, or do you mean someone benefits from the manufacturing process of pennies?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join