It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.8 billion pixels! Amazing new Mars panorama from Curiosity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
A super video panoramic snapshot from NASA and the Curiosity rover, from latest HI-res pictures.

To get a high detailed view of these all zoomable pictures, you can go to the NASA site here,

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

Something to look at for a while...and take the mind off politics and virus's !

A few interesting links from the video too.

edit on 5-3-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

But can it run Crysis?

On a more serious note, a stunning vista.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Nice blue sky šŸ‘

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

But can it run Crysis?

Er, um...I think curiosity has a LASER blaster...if that helps!

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I never tire of these images of our alien neighbor and as the quality of the images increases they get all the more interesting , downloading the 2.43 GB version for a closer inspection later ... seems plenty of others are too as I have 11 days until the download is complete !

Looks like there's a storm rolling in from the left.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I never tire of these images of our alien neighbor and as the quality of the images increases they get all the more interesting , downloading the 2.43 GB version for a closer inspection later ... seems plenty of others are too as I have 11 days until the download is complete !

Well, the pareidolia brigade are certainly heavily scrutinizing the pictorial info, I have seen some samples of their work, and in some ways, you can't blame them...after all, Mar's skies were ruddy reddish in the past...until we quietly learned that they are somewhat blu--ish, as noted by, TheAlleghenyGentleman.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I remember back when Spirit and Opportunity rovers started beaming their red images back having to colour adjust the images using the handy tool NASA put on the rovers for us .... until they started cutting it out of the release images.

On Earth.

On Mars.

How times have changed.

edit on 5-3-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The Martians built their cities on foundations of solid blue rock that are now nothing but cracked layers lying beneath piled on debris from multiple catastrophes.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Great video. Never tire of watching things like this.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Absolutely stunning detail! Thank Frank for scientists and engineers. Their tireless work is an inspiration to us all.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Best to let someone else download it then start a thread on all the anomalies they discover.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Here's more! If you have a fast computer and plenty of space to download this very hi Res panorama.....Download the M100 (Telephoto): 88797 x 22958; 2.25 GB; image/tiff here......

mars.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

Those are great compositions. Iā€™m so tired tonight that when I zoomed in on the far upper right hand corner I swear I see a dead chick fila cow. Seriously tho. I see it.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
So, I decided to go pareidoliac and capture an image from the Curiosity Hi-res files, below is the picture,

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Mr Blue, (near middle in this first pic) is er, blue looking, with a hole in the, 'cranium' and a pocked rounded/elliptical shape in the horizontal profile as seen.
The second picture is of 15million year old fossils of sea urchins from above, (I black lined a sample just for focus) who are a bit more fancy in the dressage still showing, a bit like a hot cross bun, but still remarkably similar to the first picture, and perhaps accommodating to the idea that these are pictures of the same animal, except that the Mars urchin needs to be much, much older than the Earthy fossil picture.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6-3-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

join