It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia’s plan, carona virus strategy by the people

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Toilet paper
I know, what?
Well it seems everyone in Australia, yep, everyone is stocking up on toilet paper
Not A little bit of paper but cleaning out the shelves, tonnes of it, an avalanche of the precious date role commodity is being herded by Aussies

Why, why you ask
I havnt got a clue, baffles me
Anyway, heading out right now to see if I can find any left overs, scour the shopping centres, or nobody will want to shake my hand
The Australian thing to do and I am an Aussie

Watch these videos at your own peril, I can’t promise you will get the time wasted watching these videos back

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
We are now prepared for the Catthrona virus, Picked up two jugs of clumping cat litter today.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Happening in the US as well. I'm sure it's because everyone is worried about wiping their.....noses.

Fortunately, TP shortages don't last long. I recall that Y2K also brought about binge buying of TP. I'm so glad I already have mine, I buy 2 large boxes every year and have them delivered to my front door. I don't have to worry about the store shelves.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

This just seems really silly. Why buyout toilet paper when there's much better alternatives??

When I was 19-20 years old, I was dating a girl who's parents were from Iran. One of the things that struck me as odd was finding watering cans around all of the toilets in the house. After a few days of staying in their home, I decided to ask her what was up with that. She smiled and told me that's how they clean themselves, because it's much cleaner than just smearing # around your ass crack. I then asked them why they still had toilet paper then and she told me that's pretty much just for guests.

So yeah, why buy toilet paper when you could just buy a few watering cans and call it good?? lol

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Toilet paper
I know, what?
Well it seems everyone in Australia, yep, everyone is stocking up on toilet paper
Not A little bit of paper but cleaning out the shelves, tonnes of it, an avalanche of the precious date role commodity is being herded by Aussies

Why, why you ask
Anyway, heading out right now to see if I can find any left overs, scour the shopping centres, or nobody will want to shake my hand

Watch these videos at your own peril, I can’t promise you will get the time wasted watching these videos back

I'm an Aussie and even I'm having issues trying to determine the logic behind this one..

Is there some little known fact I'm missing that TP is in some way the answer to fighting the virus..?

Perhaps rolling it out and wrapping yourself up in a full body mask..?

Seriously though, I think this is all stemming from a certain Social Media influencer who made a video of herself buying up a full shelf of TP in prep for the CV outbreak. A lot of people must have thought she was serious (maybe she was..lol), and followed suite, then other dumbasses jumped on the bandwagon.

I just came back from the local supermarket and I can confirm that the TP isle is nearly empty. The bottled water, canned food, rice, dried noodles and other long lasting food items are all fully stocked..

Seems people are more worried about having clean asses than actually having food..

Well, we all know who probably won't be surviving the apocalypses..!!

IMO, that's going to clean up the genepool quite nicely..!! LOL

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Turn out it's those darn boomers...

Boomers Are Heaping Toilet Paper Stocks Into Their Trolleys This AM & The Footage Is Nuts

source

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

So yeah, why buy toilet paper when you could just buy a few watering cans and call it good?? lol

Let's not , and pretend we did.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironclad1964

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Toilet paper
I know, what?

Why, why you ask

I'm an Aussie and even I'm having issues trying to determine the logic behind this one..

Is there some little known fact I'm missing that TP is in some way the answer to fighting the virus..?

I can not comprehend the logic, toilet paper?

Social media influencer? Never seen one, maybe I really am behind the times
Think I might go fill my gas bottles up though

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hasn't anyone here ever had the flu before? Everything comes out both ends.

I'm just getting over the flu, it peaked on the weekend with a full purge. Three days bed ridden while puking and blasting the Hersey squirts, this was after almost three weeks of the usual symptoms. My bum is still sore from all the wiping.
edit on 5-3-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

This just seems really silly. Why buyout toilet paper when there's much better alternatives??

When I was 19-20 years old, I was dating a girl who's parents were from Iran. One of the things that struck me as odd was finding watering cans around all of the toilets in the house. After a few days of staying in their home, I decided to ask her what was up with that. She smiled and told me that's how they clean themselves, because it's much cleaner than just smearing # around your ass crack. I then asked them why they still had toilet paper then and she told me that's pretty much just for guests.

I use paper, wipes, then paper to dry.

What the hell is a watering can?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Do they use a wash cloth and dip it in the water can? What do they do with the cloth afterwords? Like exactly step by step how do they do this? Do they dip their hand wet and just use their hand to clean their "area" then rinse back in the watering can? Do they "double dip" in the watering can? So many questions. Serious questions.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Just saying man. It makes sense.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Hasn't anyone here ever had the flu before? Everything comes out both ends.

I'm just getting over the flu, it peaked on the weekend with a full purge. Three days bed ridden while puking and blasting the Hersey squirts, this was after almost three weeks of the usual symptoms. My bum is still sore from all the wiping.

LOL...

I don't doubt that it comes out of every orifice during a bad bout of the Flu...

Never had the flu that bad myself (I normally get through it in less than 24 hours, as I have a hyper immune system and the Rheumatoid Arthritis that goes with it)..

But if you need that much TP for a bout of the virus...

Man, you need to be in intensive care pronto, because I suspect if you think you need that much TP, there's a high possibility that during such a prolonged, violent evacuation, some of your insides might just be blasted out your rear end along with all the other stuff..!!

edit on 5-3-2020 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I've been telling (trying to warn) my Partner for years that when TSHTF, loo roll and hygiene products are the first to
Fly off the shelves, I bolstered my point by showing her what was happening in Venezuela;

In Venezuela, it's cheaper to use cash than toilet paper (2018)

Then my point was bolstered by the armed robbery in Hong Kong for,......a delivery of loo roll;

Armed robbers steal hundreds of toilet rolls in Hong Kong

I don't seem quite so crazy and paranoid now, but I wish that was the case.

edit on 5/3/2020 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Should

edit on 5/3/2020 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: SHould have said 'loo roll, not 'pop roll', my bad

edit on 5/3/2020 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: I

edit on 5/3/2020 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: I'm going back to bed lol

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I have always said that the first thing to vanish from the supermarket shelves will be dunny rolls
so I am not surprised
and yes it is a #ty subject lol

its 0327hrs I think I will join the panic and have another beer

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

got to have azz wipin's. for when the sh@@ gets deep.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Oh boy our species is doomed....

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I’d much rather spend that coin on food, you can always use the hillbilly bidet (garden hose) out back.....

There was at least 120 bucks worth in that trolley, people getting rather bogged down over the whole incident!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Indeed , it's completely mental.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join