It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koenigsegg Have Built a Four-Seat 1,700bhp Hybrid Family Hyper Car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Jeremy Clarkson says Hyper Cars have to be bonkers to be any good and I agree , but the Koenigsegg Gemera is both bonkers and gorgeous and it'll save the planet.

Powered by a three cylinder 2.0 ltr engine (yeah I know ... Bonkers !) and an electric motor it delivers 1,700bhp and a top speed of 250 mph with 62 mph reached in just 1.9 seconds ... hopefully without the kids arguing in the back.

The Geneva Motor Show has been canceled for obvious reasons but Koenigsegg still wanted their moment in the sun so they invited Top Gear over for a look at their new baby and chat with Christian von Koenigsegg himself about the technology that delivers the staggering performance of their new car.

If you have to ask you can't afford it.

It'll also carry your language ... Bonkers !
Not sure about yellow interior though.

edit on 4-3-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Well we just need to wait for Hammond to get his hands on one and flip it into a fireball. I'm not a huge electric car fan for a variety of reasons, but you can't really argue with the results they're capable of putting out.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

That is a sweet ride. Jesus.

I have to add another car to my list now.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Don’t really care for the roofline (looks a bit too much like Darth Vader’s helmet!).

Other than that, not bad.

But the just shown Hyundai Prophecy is a much sleeker looking vehicle, even it it isn’t a “hypercar”.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
1700 brake horsepower .

It’s got a chance of killing more people then it saves .

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Glad it can carry my language as there would be quite a lot during that acceleration

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The Koenigsegg marque has always been pretty bonkers, but no expense is spared on the build quality and performance.
I'm not sure about the family bit though, the kids would be bokking up in that car all the time, with almost racing style suspension set-up...I'm not struck on the scissor doors either, and some of the pics look like the doors and body have made body contact.

That reminds me of the late 60's onwards, Nova kit car, it had no doors, while the whole cabin lifted upward for access, very novel, and it worked well. The Nova was a Brit design, and a looker, but somewhere along the line Americans took it over to the states, where it was called the Sterling, and still make the parts. It was based on the bug, and various power type engines used.

Note the parallelogram wiper, perhaps the first of it's kind.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a later build, perhaps in the US, and it looks like the builder converted to pop-up lights

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4-3-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
1700 brake horsepower .

It’s got a chance of killing more people then it saves .

Yeah, but at least you could do it faster.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Not sure how it'll save the planet. Where do you think the electricity comes from? Cool looking piece of equipment though.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

Well we just need to wait for Hammond to get his hands on one and flip it into a fireball. I'm not a huge electric car fan for a variety of reasons, but you can't really argue with the results they're capable of putting out.

I wasn't a fan of the early hybrids amd all electric cars for obvious reasons, but the cars they have now are pretty nice. I'm not even talking about the Koenigsegg or even the Tesla. I expect that in another decade we'll have more commercially available all electric cars that are actually worth a damn, and will appeal to aesthetics and performance.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

That's pretty amazing but the real question is, can I buy it on GTA?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

That blue one is mint mate.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   

So I was buying toilet paper in bulk yesterday and I couldn't fit the entire pallet into the car..

3/10...wouldn't buy it again.

Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Buy one...just drive it once a year and you will almost double your investment in 5 years... with money, you make money.

new topics

top topics

join