It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If The U.S. Hadn't Been Born From British Colonies.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
That's an important point for the topic. I would imagine that the culture of former Spanish colonies would have been influenced by Roman law as well as by Catholicism.
I'm not sure about French colonies. If the French empire in North America had survived, French history might have gone a different way. There might have been no French Revolution, and hence no Code Napoleon. Even more masons?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Can't say i disagree with the French but how about if it was Germany that managed to colonise North America? I think 20th Century history would have turned out very differently.

One of the prime activators of World War 1 was Kaiser Wilhelm's desire for German expansionism and the creation of a German Empire. This would all have been avoided if Germany had an empire in North America. World War 2 was born out of the implementation of the Treaty of Versailles, which would also never have happened. Russian aggression would have been focused on Japan (as it was prior to World War 1) and then possibly China.

Heck, even the Russian Revolution may not have happened - at least not how it turned out.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That really doesn't do much to dispute that there is almost no Mosaic Law in English Law. It isn't based on religion.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
That's an important point for the topic. I would imagine that the culture of former Spanish colonies would have been influenced by Roman law as well as by Catholicism.
I'm not sure about French colonies. If the French empire in North America had survived, French history might have gone a different way. There might have been no French Revolution, and hence no Code Napoleon. Even more masons?

Most of the non-Anglo nations from or related to Europe use a mixture of Roman and Canon Law. English Law is, in my opinion, a much better system.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: rickymouse

That really doesn't do much to dispute that there is almost no Mosaic Law in English Law. It isn't based on religion.

Thou shall not kill. Thou shall not steal. That is the basis of many laws in our country. Of course, just like under Mosiac law, if the leaders of the religion allowed the people to fight the enemy of their society, though shall not kill was not implemented when they went to war. The rules evolved over the centuries.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Thou shall not kill. Thou shall not steal. That is the basis of many laws in our country.

Those laws were/are pretty universal across the entire planet without the influence of Christianity. You need to do better than that.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The USA was built with stolen French Gold that was deposited on Oak Island by the English disguised as French Soldiers....the 2 TV shows Oak Island Treasure and Search for the Civil War Gold are providing a soft-sell of the truth waiting for people to put the pieces together...and they most certainly have been doing just that.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

The USA was built with stolen French Gold that was deposited on Oak Island by the English disguised as French Soldiers

finally the truth emerges
as to the op:
perhaps we would be more like our indigenous peoples
tee pees and such

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cmajlz

For one thing, none of us would be responding in English.

Some of us aren't American posters. I'm British so I'm pretty sure I'd be posting in English!!

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage
perhaps german post ww2?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

perhaps german post ww2?

Still trotting out this rubbish I see.

Possibly Russian....but I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
the thread title is "if"
but yeah still with the same rubbish.......

over here we would all be navajo code talkers so there is that.......

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
perhaps german post ww2?

Now thats a very low blow sir!
Battle of Britain and all that.
Where's all the thanks that ya not all yellow belly french, they've been trying to do us since they were Gaul.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Now thats a very low blow sir!

nope
simply an "if"

we wouldn't have that "special relationship" now would we?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
when people claim that american legal system was based on " christian values "

i never get a coherent answer to :

which part of the bible does " thou shall make teh negros sit at the back of the bus " come from ????

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
ark
sit at the back of the ark

come on man

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
perhaps we would be more like our indigenous peoples
tee pees and such

From the news it appears many people have taken your advice, apparently Walmart is running out of TP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join