It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Had an Earthquake... In... Nova Scotia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I was shaken much more as a baby than that quake you just had.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar
I have family in Nova Scotia; I’ll see what I can find out!

I'm wagering that if you ask them to describe the 'earthquake' they just experienced they'll say, 'Ertquake, what is dat aboot, eh?'

edit on 2-3-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because a sasquatch stole it

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well maybe that would explain why your personal tunnels are so prolapsed.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm wagering that if you ask them to describe the 'earthquake' the just experienced they'll say, 'Ertquake, what is dat aboot, eh?'

"An Earthquake, yeah? Well how's yur Mum and Dad then?"

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AtsbhctSounds like the mine blasts we used to get in Hancock Area. They shook the whole town sometimes and had a big blast sound. The mines had been closed for many years when I was a kid but they produced those mine blasts.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I thought exactly the same after reading the first part of your OP.

I found out today that four restored WW2 bunkers, once open to the public, have recently been closed and the keys taken from their voluntary caretakers - that made me think, too.

Then there's the high-level CEO resignations, and the New Zealand bunkers (et al) built by the wealthy elite, and does anyone know where G. Bush Jr. is?

Has he popped off down to his Paraguayan 'ranch' with the massive aquifer yet?

Colour me a conspiracy theorist, lol

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Just throwing this out there, but haven't you just taken the brunt of the latest polar vortex in that area? If you are as waterlogged as you say, could frost quakes play into this at all?

originally posted by: Atsbhct

originally posted by: Quadrivium

Probably already got a huge complex of tunnels under you

Be on the look out for spontaneous sink holes!

Joking.....kinda.

Quad

We actually have tons of sinkholes! But we're also pretty waterlogged in general. Sink Link

edit on 3/2/2020 by Cheddarhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Cape Breton would be more suitable for a Mass Bugout location.

It can be isolated by destroying the bridge and fortifying the short coastline facing the mainland.

It has some massive inland water bodies (both Fresh and Brackish water), where fish stock and shellfish can be produced in large quantities without the risk of outside incursion / poaching. It also has a reasonable sized Produce belt for crops and a fair amount of infrastructure, but not a huge local population.

Also, the terrain in parts of the Island is resource rich and make for great fortification and defense (as opposed to the flat landscape of the Scotia mainland) and a large portion of that is Old Growth Forest (another thing the mainland sorely lacks).

The mainland is far too open far a small population of survivors to be able to cover and defend, there would be too many gaps for "Fallout raider wannabe's", to slip trough.

If the Government or any other organized group was building a survival bunker system, it would be on Cape Breton, not in the region of Nova Scotia indicated in this thread.
edit on 2-3-2020 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

Cape Breton is part of Nova Scotia, but all of that is true, except their growing season is shorter than on the mainland, much harsher weather for the Capers.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: Ironclad1964

Cape Breton is part of Nova Scotia, but all of that is true, except their growing season is shorter than on the mainland, much harsher weather for the Capers.

Yeah I realize that Breton is a part of the state, I amended that..

As for the shorter seasons, that still allows for a decent enough yield to supply a small to medium increase in population, and fishing / livestock in the region is pretty descent too and would more than make up for the shortfall of farming produce.

As for the weather..

Just harden the F@#k up sunshine..

edit on 2-3-2020 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

(post by StoolSample removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Maybe the Seneca Guns.

www.moleopedia.com...

I've heard them a few times. Pretty neat!

WOQ

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasobservingquietly

Maybe the Seneca Guns.

www.moleopedia.com...

I've heard them a few times. Pretty neat!

WOQ

I've never heard of this! Thanks.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm wagering that if you ask them to describe the 'earthquake' they just experienced they'll say, 'Ertquake, what is dat aboot, eh

You Betcha; the fam doesn’t think it was anything to be concerned about 😁

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Asking for a friend:

With all the zombies in NY city currently taking note of the nova scotia paradise,
won't they be coming north like a river to find a place to survive?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAIKI

Nah. They'll get caught up in boring old New Brunswick. Lots of snow fence there to get stuck on.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   
There was another 2.6 magnitude quake, or aftershock last night around 3am, qith about 90 people reporting that their homes were shaking and explosions were heard.

That doesn't add up to me that peoples homes qould be shaking, and loud explosions would be waking people for a 2.6 magnitude earthquake.

Definitely a conspiracy afoot. That, or, Dartmouth residents (the stabbiest of Nova Scotia's citizens) are extra sensitive.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Dartmouth/Halifax was the location of the biggest none nuclear man made explosion, during the war, a couple of ships hit each other in the harbour, one was carrying explosives, chemicals etc. it lit on fire, evacuated, and then drifted ashore, people came out to watch, and then it blew up.
en.wikipedia.org...

probably not related, but a big explosive sound in Dartmouth.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CrastneyJPR

The sound of an explosion is part of it. People thought there was an explosion, and didn't realize it was an earthquake until later.

During the Halifax explosion, my Great Grandfather and his first wife lived in a place called Musquodoboit, about 70kms away. The explosion was so large that it rattled panes of glass out of their windows and spooked their livestock.

Lol. Not sure why you mentioned the Halifax explosion, but that's my family's Halifax explosion story.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

So what's the disaster du jour* in 'Nova Scotia' today? Was it a little windy and they thought there was a tornado?

*that's a Quebecois expression for something

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join