It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virus beating chicken soup.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You have heard of chicken soup for the soul.
This is chicken soup for the body AND soul.

1 whole chicken 3 or 4 lbs.
Salt, pepper, sage, parsley thyme.
1 lemon
Olive oil.

Prepare the chicken for roasting by seasoning inside and out.
Add the lemon cut in quarters inside the bird.
Heat oven to 375 and roast for 1 hour.
Bird will not be completely done yet.
(If you want a roast chicken just cook a bit longer until the bird is 180 degrees at the leg joint)
Remove bird from oven to cool until you can handle the carcass.

For the soup.
Carcass of the bird with the meat and skin removed.
1 carrot, one onion, a few garlic cloves crushed and a stalk of celery rough chopped because you will be discarding them later.
Add all to a large pot and cover with water.
Add more of the herbs used on the chicken (parsley sage and thyme).
Add a good amount of salt to taste.
Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer and allow to reduce by about a quarter.
Strain the stock over a sieve to remove the solids.

Make the soup
Dice 2 carrots, 2 small potatoes, a small onion and celery to even small pieces and add to stock boil for 12 minutes to cook then add
a cup of torn chicken meat and heat through.

It takes time and if you get a bigger bird you can have a chicken dinner one night and soup the next.

You can substitute noodles or rice for the potatoes just cook ahead and add with the chicken meat just before serving.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Finally a virus thread I can relate to.

Do I drink the colloidal silver before or after I debone the chicken and how do I block the 5G while cooking?

Very simple, but delicious recipe.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I always boiled the carrots and celery with the raw chicken (usually boneless breasts), mostly as a easy cheat to know when the chicken was fully cooked (carrots would be fully cooked soft). And used wide egg noodles.

I may have to go for a whole oven roasted chicken, with carrots, celery and either red or yellow potatoes in the roast now. But I have also been wanting a smoked chicken in a good barbecue basting sauce (mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire, sugar, salt, pepper and enough paprika to turn it all orange). Tastes terrible and even burns a little until smoked, then something magic happens. But you can use it on pork, beef, poultry while smoking just fine. Need to deconstruct that recipe to a sane level for home use.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Maybe some white wine

Sweat Garlic, add a pinch chili flake
Add veg
Deglaze with some white wine
Carry on with normal broth stuffs

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
Do I drink the colloidal silver before or after I debone the chicken and how do I block the 5G while cooking?

Before. But you need to first mix it with turmeric, molasses and baking soda for maximum effect.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Before. But you need to first mix it with turmeric, molasses and baking soda for maximum effect.

And THEN I do the enema?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Correct. But make sure it's a CBD one and you use a vape stick.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
That is almost like the soup I make for normal eating, made up of a roasted chicken carcass. It has really good flavor to it but not as potent or calming as my medicinal soup is. The poultry seasoning we use on the chicken has Sage, rosemary, and thyme in it that we put on the roasting chicken, the type of seasoning we get, there are three basic poultry seasoning types, is the low thyme type. Mostly sage and rosemary. Also consider adding some cabbage to the initial boil, it enhances the flavor, a little bit of soy sauce also adds some ummy to it, but only a tablespoon or so.

Here is something for you to try as a variation. If doing the rice version, add a eighth cup of hulled or pearled barley in right after you strain the juice, it needs to be in there for about forty minutes total, but you can use the quick barley. I just discovered that on the net, it adds some flavor. Also, adding a little of the wild rice/brown rice, maybe an eighth cup ten minutes before the white rice adds some really good flavor. I do not know if it helps, that is all taste. Not too much though, it can get too much flavor. Barley has some good properties to it medicinally, in moderation of course, and that chemistry is fairly stable at boiling temperatures.

Those are flavor enhancement things.

Considering I have been making soups at least once a week every week and often twice a week since around 2007 to control my epilepsy, I have done a lot of testing on how to make them work better. Now remember, these soups I make control epilepsy, it just happens that they also can stop viruses and inhibit cancer growth. My medicinal soup is potent, this recipe is like my regular soup.

I am going to try it the way you have it with no changes, I do like regular soups too. It sounds good. if I take taurine I can take a break from the strong medicinal soup which will be great. Taurine does not stop the muscles cramping as well as my soups do though, I cannot use it to control my epilepsy continually.

Not many people who want to be active would like my soup, it has a very relaxing quality, it also will make your pupils a little small like some of the antiepileptic meds do. I know how to make some powerful food chemistries. Sage in my soup keeps it from impacting clear thinking ability, it is clear and a little slower. Better than the anti-eleptic meds that really messed up my mind back between 2003 to 2007.

I am not criticizing your soup, I am giving you ideas to increase flavor plus add some extra health benefits. But mostly flavor enhancement. Beware, if I post my soup, it is potent medicine, my soup also includes some wine sometimes, but only a shot of it.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Atsbhct

Correct. But make sure it's a CBD one and you use a vape stick.

That stands for what? Coronavirus Bouillon Direct?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What no whiskey

Sorry but my grandma told me if you dont put wiskey in the soupe than it's just for feeding people

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Best Coronavirus post yet

As for the recipe, you had me hooked at "lemon." I've made lemon pepper breasts, but never would have thunk to use it for chicken soup... absolutely brilliant! And I love that you par-roast the chicken beforehand. It adds so much flavor to any recipe! I'm definitely trying this -- thank you!

You're starting to make a habit of posting yummy food ideas and recipes. One of these days before I die, we're going to have to do dinner... and you're cooking! We can still argue politics, of course, but I love your cooking style!!! I want to poke around your kitchen and pick your culinary brain...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

That sounds awesome, silly.
Thanks for the recipe. One of the things I never liked about regular chicken soup recipes is cooking the chicken from raw...the soup has a LOT of fat and the meat is dried and inedible---especially the white meat.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Dang it, got to thinking about that sauce now I want a Carolina Sauce put in a cake pan full of potato wedges to be roasted in the oven with some leftover to drizzle on them and smoked beef tenderloin for supper.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Fat is good for you....it is the most essential survival item, yet, it is the hardest to get.
I am slim and trim and eat LOTS of fat.

Pork belly is becoming a staple in my diet.

As long as you are healthy, fat is GOOD!!

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Oh, I love fat too.
On steaks....butter on toast....coconut oil.
But not in my soup

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Ok, I got carried away.
I don't like fat in my soup either.

Fats good though!!

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

You can substitute noodles or rice for the potatoes

Egg noodles, like my grandmother always used to make.

That recipe sounds similar to hers, and sounds delicious. Usually use the leftover thanksgiving turkey to make turkey noodle soup.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
We always save our poultry bones from chicken and turkey carcasses along with giblety bits and skin bits and fatty bits in the freezer. When we get enough, we put it in our large stock pot with whatever seasonings and veggies we want and simmer the heck out of it for a day or two. Then we drain out the stock and freeze and use that in any chicken soups we make.

We do the same with beef/pork, but you need to add some high collagen bones - knuckles and trotters - and keep the pot on longer for the same effect.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

"Oy vey, it won't help but it can't hurt!

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

Fat is good for you....it is the most essential survival item, yet, it is the hardest to get.
I am slim and trim and eat LOTS of fat.

Pork belly is becoming a staple in my diet.

As long as you are healthy, fat is GOOD!!

A ketogenic diet actually is antiviral. www.sci-news.com...

This research was done with A viruses, but it does work on other flu strains. That does not mean it can protect against Coronavirus though, because I have found no research that says it does.

But just in case, stock up on bacon and butter. Coconut oil has some pretty strong antiviral properties other than ketogenic diet reasons.

Why not enjoy life while prepping for a coronavirus pandemic

top topics

<<   2 >>

join